News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for luluhed

luluhed Profile Photo
Member Name: luluhed
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Trailer Park cancelled tonight...
 Sep 6 2005, 03:08:24 PM
to Al Dente- You're STILL hanging around making nasty posts? It must have been one or two years since I posted here-I don't even remember what I posted about but it must have hurt you deeply for you to remember so far back. And then after all that time why would you, or anyone, want to come out of your hole with a nasty post? You're still hurting. How sad that life hasn't gotten any better for you. Your shtick is so tired-every message board has someone like you. But it must be a lot cheaper for
 Sep 4 2005, 11:32:11 PM
I'm not sure what the rules are for off broadway, but this isn't the first time I've seen a show begin previews without an understudy, and then hire one later-sometimes even after the opening of the show.
 Sep 4 2005, 11:26:07 PM
Well, there is an understudy but he hadn't been with the production long enough to go on tonight.
 Sep 4 2005, 11:17:44 PM
Shuler took ill during the matinee and between shows was too ill to go on for the evening performance.
re: re: re: re: re: re: When You Walk Through A Storm .....
 Sep 2 2003, 02:07:04 PM
I'm sorry I missed Clay, what did he sing?
re: re: Bway Actors on Sex and the City
 Sep 2 2003, 09:39:46 AM
You are so right about Mario, Orion!
re: re: re: Bway Actors on Sex and the City
 Sep 2 2003, 08:43:50 AM
I mentioned him briefly in my post. I'm a big fan of Mario and he's great in his character. I caught his last gig at Carolines, and cried from laughing. Don't miss the next one!
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Bway Actors on Sex and the City
 Sep 1 2003, 04:42:14 PM
No no, but I saw you on the episode when they went to FAO Schwartz.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Bway Actors on Sex and the City
 Sep 1 2003, 03:16:22 PM
My favorite is David Eigenberg, too! Mario and I were in the same episode together which was a hoot. The episode was nominated for an emmy!

I'm so lucky to have been in around 30 episodes, in the coffeeshop as the girls' waitress, and finally to have lines as that character. It was a great experience, being part of that production for a few seasons!

When I left the show, my dear friend took over as the girls' waitress, and she's still doing it! Too bad the show is ending.

A

re: re: re: re: Hedwig
 Sep 1 2003, 03:11:47 PM
Actually, the show ran for 2 years at the Jane. The fan base kept it going that long but it almost closed a couple times earlier due to slow ticket sales. The dedication of the producers and creative staff kept it open as long as it ran, at a loss. The show indeed had a loyal cult following. The film, made by the creator, John Cameron Mitchell, was astonishingly true to the show, and won a few awards at Sundance. If you have any other questions about Hedwig, please PM me!
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: How many times...?
 Aug 29 2003, 11:58:15 PM
Erik-Yes, indeed there was quite a bit of criticism of multiple viewings of shows on at least two other theatre message boards I had frequented. The thread became quite ugly on one of them, broadway.com.

I might add (without mentioning names) that a prominent poster on this board was making the attacks, LOL!

re: re: re: re: re: Madonna/Britney/Christina Kiss!!
 Aug 29 2003, 09:59:10 PM
Britney and Christina were background for Madonna.
re: re: re: Madonna/Britney/Christina Kiss!!
 Aug 29 2003, 09:52:00 PM
Of course the kiss was just another stunt of Madonna's to get attention, push the limits, whatever, and it worked. This isn't the only place the kiss is being discussed, believe me!

Good for Madonna, she still rules. And I'm going to come out and use the hackneyed word "amazing" for her. What this woman has accomplished in her lifetime is amazing. Like her or not, you can't dismiss her impact on our society.

re: re: Working at Bway Theatres
 Aug 29 2003, 06:49:22 PM
The merchandising people are usually brought in by the production and not the house.
re: Working at Bway Theatres
 Aug 29 2003, 06:45:33 PM
When you work at a theatre, as in managing, ushering, box office, etc., you work for the house and not the production. You'd work there no matter what show was currently occupying the house. Whereas those who work for the production, such as cast, crew, creative team, producers, etc. are only working there for the length of the run. Hope this helps!
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: my two fav's.....
 Aug 29 2003, 05:48:34 PM
I agree, Copeman. There has been criticism of people who see shows multiple times. Are they kidding? If I really like something in the arts, be it a show, film, book, ballet, etc. I'll go back for repeat performances as many times as I possibly can. In fact, if it's a painting, I may even BUY it! That way I can look at it every day!
re: re: The Producers Needs Stars
 Aug 29 2003, 05:43:16 PM
I saw it with Brad also (on a day when Nathan was a no-show). Oscar was great, but I must admit that the reason I enjoyed his performance was that it seemed he was doing a flawless impersonation of Nathan Lane. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he did it that way.
re: re: re: my two fav's.....
 Aug 29 2003, 11:04:30 AM
I saw Hedwig at least a couple hundred times, maybe more. I wasn't paying, though (working), but it was well worth it.
re: re: re: washed up
 Aug 28 2003, 03:25:44 PM
theatreboy, on the topic of Crawford acting young in DOTV, I'm not sure the role of Krolok (sp?) is a young one. What age was he meant to be? I'm basing my opinion on most of the vampire movies I've seen where the lead vampire is usually an old man. Perhaps in this show he was meant to be young, but I don't think so. Can you shed more light on it? Thanks!
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Sexiest song in a musical
 Aug 28 2003, 03:19:05 PM
Thanks, Cabarethed!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You