News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sievep

Member Name: sievep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Stage hand strike
 Nov 10 2007, 10:56:37 AM
Mr Roxy, I think you are totally right. Both sides are at fault, and it will be interesting to see what the outcome is. Until then, further outcries from this community and others only makes the problem worse.
re: Any of you guys going to join the picket lines in support
 Nov 10 2007, 10:42:22 AM
If you aren't a member of Local One, why would you join a picket line? It's not your fight. Clearly this is something that these two parties need to figure out. I support Local One as a theatrical union member myself, but I'm not going to join a picket line. You, as a Broadway fan, can show your support in other ways that will be more productive for you, the union, and theater in general.
re: AGMA union to Equity
 Nov 9 2007, 10:56:37 PM
This is true, you can look on Equity's website for details. You get half off the initiation fee.
re: Biggest Voice on Broadway
 Aug 24 2007, 09:50:18 AM
Oh, trust me, I did work with him (Have you?), and he never took the time to even know my name, as I said before was cursing, screaming, and throwing props backstage (like a large glass vase), and the sound guys had to turn up his mic to just below the point of feedback in order for the audience to hear him, during musical and dialogue sequences, and he also had a big sound meeting to insert reverb into some of his singing and dialogue to make his voice sound bigger. He also never really learne
re: Biggest Voice on Broadway
 Aug 24 2007, 12:51:11 AM
Marc Kudisch?

Sorry folks . . .I've worked with that guy and not only was he absolutely awful (screaming, cursing, throwing props) to the entire crew, he was totally screwed on nights that his mic went out. Small voice.

I can't even express what a nightmare it was to work with him.

re: sarah brightman
 Aug 10 2007, 11:37:44 PM
I've never seen her in a proper musical, but I've seen her in concert 5 times now. Her style has certainly changed . . .I personally thinks she's amazing and her Harem tour was unbelieveable in it's ingenuity.

She seems to scoop a lot for her high notes now, and I don't think it sits well in her voice. I know she can hit the notes, I wish she'd give a cleaner presentation rather than scooping. If she's billing herself as the best selling soprano of all time, she's set a high bar fo

re: Stephanie Block singing at AIDS Walk NY
 Jul 17 2007, 04:49:25 PM
Absolutely awesome.
re: Witches of Eastwick- Signature Theatre
 Jul 17 2007, 08:50:00 AM
We actually sold the London Cast Recording at the gift shop at the theater. It's ok . . .it's not as great as what you saw at Signature, but it's ok.

BTW, we had an exploding tennis ball but cut it during tech. There were a lot of things that got cut in favor of the larger technical problems we were having with the show. The Little Girl was supposed to be on a swing at the top of show and observe "Eastwick Knows" from about 8 feet off the deck, she was also supposed to have a little

Jul 16 2007, 02:10:51 PM
Ok, that's probably a misplaced post.

Any other reviews, comments, stories, about The Witches of Eastwick?

Jul 16 2007, 12:22:26 AM
Well, the show is closed and we can only hope that Witches lives on, either in regional companies or on Broadway.

The show was very well received tonight, and it was emotional in one way or another for everyone involved.

I hope those who saw the show continue to post comments and show support for the show, and those who didn't keep your fingers crossed for a Broadway run.

P.S. Backstage gossip revealed to those who PM me.

re: A Night At The Operetta - Town Hall 7/16
 Jul 16 2007, 12:14:09 AM
How could you have rehearsed this when I did a show with Marc and Christiane in DC tonight? I'm not saying you didn't . . .did you have stand ins?
 Jul 13 2007, 12:36:55 PM
hey feeling electric

I saw you at the show last night and i"m glad you enjoyed it

Yep the ending is supposed to insinuate the ladies are pregnant

re: A Cast Recording Game
 Jul 12 2007, 05:18:37 PM
How could you not say "I Will never Leave you"?

Phantom, OLC again, since the question was not answered. It's not without redemption.

Jul 12 2007, 10:37:18 AM
Well, in response to what Eastwickian, has asked . . .

Rumor around the theater is that in this, our closing week, investors are coming to check out the show for an impending move to Broadway. We had to make a ton of repairs to the set, buff the floor, and try to make it look prettier than it ever has.

Our physical production (set, etc) will hit the dumpster, but the piece itself may very well have a life after this Sunday.

PS. Those sitting in the front row got a su

re: Happy Birthday Cheyenne Jackson!
 Jul 12 2007, 10:20:26 AM
God, he is dreamy. Totally my broadway crush.

Happy Birthday, Cheyenne!

Jul 8 2007, 11:47:21 PM
any more reviews? 8 performances left!
 Jul 3 2007, 02:23:37 PM
"Look at Me" is a great ending.
re: The Oddest Showtune?
 Jul 3 2007, 11:54:50 AM
"This was a Real Nice Clambake" from Carousel
 Jul 3 2007, 11:03:22 AM
only two more weeks . . .
 Jul 1 2007, 10:44:05 PM
There is no real buzz about the show going to NYC after this. I spoke with one of the principal singers who said they had not been approached about a Broadway run. Who knows what that means.

I hope you all can come and see this production. I am biased because I see it every night, but in spite of it's faults, it has great moments, great singers, and some great effects, especially given the size of the space.

And seriously, listening to the girls sing "I Wish I May" and "Look

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You