News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rlb237

Member Name: rlb237
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton vacation times
 Jan 29 2016, 12:24:58 PM

toofunktastic2 said:

He is currently only scheduled to be off on Sunday Matinees, but starting March 28, he'll be off Saturday matinees.

Many thanks, toofunktastic!  Appreciate the excellent info.  :)

"

Hamilton vacation times
 Jan 29 2016, 10:43:30 AM

I am curious about the usual schedule of shows that Lin does -- does he do all performances?  I assume not, but you know what they say about assuming.  However, I thought I recalled reading that he isn't in the matinee shows.  Can anyone confirm/deny?  I don't mind other cast members being away/on vacation/not there, but I will likely get only one shot at seeing Hamilton, so I want to make sure I buy tickets for a night that Lin is at least supposed to be

Is Rita Wilson out of Fish in the Dark?
 Apr 2 2015, 10:16:27 AM

I did enjoy it!  How about you, bfreak?

Is Rita Wilson out of Fish in the Dark?
 Apr 2 2015, 09:51:41 AM

Was wondering the same thing myself, break.  I saw the matinee show yesterday, so I thought, well maybe she isn't doing the Weds matinees... but like you said, she wasn't listed anywhere in the Playbill.  Curious indeed.  

New Hedig after JCM?
 Feb 17 2015, 11:33:03 AM
I just read the same info from the same link, and now notice it's gone too. Interesting....
Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Feb 9 2015, 12:25:00 PM
Great, thanks for your feedback, atuomala! Good luck with Ms. Mirren, hope you hear back from her!
 Feb 9 2015, 11:27:45 AM
Good to know, I will keep my fingers crossed then. Thanks again, atuomala!

Just wondering, since I'm a newbie at requesting signings via letters, what's your usual process? Do you address your requests to the stage managers or just to the theater? And do you include self-addressed return envelopes to facilitate your request, or just hope for the best? Just curious to hear more, especially from someone who sent out 8 letters just last week! I'm impressed.

Good luck (and I'l

Feb 9 2015, 11:06:59 AM
Thanks for the info, atuomala! I figured that's what was likely going to happen. I just meant, since I didn't know about/include the donation, that I doubt I'll get mine or any other back now, since mine doesn't have a donation included. Darn.
 Feb 9 2015, 10:39:28 AM
Darn! I just read this about the Cabaret donation. I *just* sent off a request today, I didn't know they were requesting anything. I sent my own Playbill though. Wonder if that will matter. Oh well.
Emma Stone Stage Door
 Feb 9 2015, 10:10:50 AM
"rlb, were you there the day I was for the matinee? Was that what she was going on about? The woman who was so proud to be from NJ?"

VintageSnarker, yes, that's the one!! She was mad already because there was a group of girls outside the barricades, close to the door. I didn't hear everything, but apparently one of them knew someone who knew someone, so that's why security wasn't asking them to move behind the rails. Then when one opened an umbrella, that's when all hell broke loose

Emma Stone Stage Door
 Feb 6 2015, 01:57:52 PM
Haha jemjeb2, if you have told that story before, I'm glad you told it again because I got a good chuckle out of it. Thank you for sharing!

I think, so long as you weren't like the lone older gent I witnessed at a Hedwig stage door during NPH's run, who asked Lena Hall what she used to "stuff her pants" among other inappropriate things, or like the woman at the Cabaret stage door waiting for Ms. Stone who flipped out on fellow fans for having an umbrella up in front of her and went on

Can you exchange Hedwig tickets?
 Feb 6 2015, 01:21:57 PM
Thank you, mar6411 & JPeterman! Much appreciated! I did buy through Telecharge, good to know it's an easy and fairly quick experience. Going to call now. Thank you both again!
Can you exchange Hedwig tickets?
 Feb 6 2015, 01:00:31 PM
I have tickets for a March show, that were originally supposed to be for near the end of JCM's run. But now he's extended through April 26th, which just so happens to be my birthday month.

So, I'd rather go then, but I'm wondering if it's possible to exchange my tix through either Telecharge or at the Belasco directly? Before I got a long phone call with customer service, I thought I'd ask if anyone here had any knowledge or experience with that.

I'm sure I could also just

Emma Stone Stage Door
 Feb 6 2015, 12:56:27 PM
Don't you hate that, n2nbaby? You're all prepared and excited to see someone and then they're out. I know it's the definition of first world problems (haha), but it is a nuisance. My worst experience with that was last year when I saw Aladdin about a week after it opened on a Sat night, and both Adam Jacobs and James Monroe Iglehart were out.

I'd be disappointed if I missed Michelle or Emma too, so I feel your pain too cknick. That is a bummer. I got tix for a 2nd time just for Em

Emma Stone Stage Door
 Feb 6 2015, 12:32:24 PM
I have! Twice, actually. I saw it once with Michelle Williams in July, and I saw a January matinee with Emma a couple of weeks ago. It was great both times, but Emma did not come out and sign or anything after the matinee.
Emma Stone Stage Door
 Feb 6 2015, 12:01:32 PM
bfreak, I'm so glad to hear you had a good time at the show and got to meet Emma! I'm hoping to see her after the Sat night show tomorrow (though I'm not actually attending). I was debating if I felt like doing it, but reading your responses about your experience has convinced me that I absolutely have to or risk regretting it immensely. Again, glad you had such a great experience. :)
Cabaret understudy
 Feb 3 2015, 03:44:43 PM
Exactly my thoughts and experience too, bfreak. I thought Michelle Williams was good too, and had no complaints about her.

However, having seen Emma now, I would have to give her the edge. She brings a little more feistiness to the part, a little bit of herself if you ask me! At intermission, my mother (who I had taken to the July show too) leaned over and said she preferred Emma already. I had to agree. It sounds like you're as much of a fan of hers as I am, so I look forward to

Fish in the Dark Previews
 Feb 3 2015, 02:12:08 PM
"If you're expecting him to break out of his comfort zone and do something new, you won't find it here."

Who on earth would want to see Larry David being anyone other than Larry David?! Haha, I kid...slightly. But really, I'm glad to hear it's quintessential Larry, as that's exactly what I'm hoping for and expecting.

I didn't read everything written in this thread, as I don't want too many spoilers -- I'm not seeing it until April for my birthday -- but thank you so much for

Cabaret understudy
 Feb 3 2015, 02:02:36 PM
Enjoy, bfreak! I saw Cabaret with Michelle Williams for the first time in July, but had to go back for Emma as I love her too! Saw her a couple of weeks ago, and she was fantastic. She didn't stop to chat or sign after though, as it was a Sat matinee, so I hope you get to meet/greet her afterwards. I think I may pop over one night before her run is up in hopes to get her to sign my Playbill and take a photo or two.

Anyway, I think you'll be very happy with her performance.

Idina doing national anthem on Super Bowl
 Feb 2 2015, 09:54:53 AM
I agree, Kelly's rendition has been one of my favorites. I liked Idina's too, though, even if it wasn't something overly incredible.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You