New Hedwig after JCM?

JonahKost
#1New Hedwig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 11:28am

Has there been any announcement for the new Hedwig after JCM? Will it close after him? I would assume not since it's doing really well (I think).

Updated On: 1/19/15 at 11:28 AM

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#2New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 11:34am

I don't think that they've announced it yet and I have no clue how well they're doing, but Cabaret will be closing in a few months so maybe Alan Cumming will be interested.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 11:34am

Even if they have someone already lined up, they are.t going to announce it this early.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#3New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 1:19pm

The recent NYT article about JCM seemed to indicate that either John will extend or a new Hedwig will be brought in and it will continue to run.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#4New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 1:23pm

Hed w ig. : )

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

JonahKost
#5New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 1:24pm

Sorry, I guess. I was typing fast because I was just so excited to see your comments ; ).

Updated On: 1/19/15 at 01:24 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#6New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 1:39pm

"The recent NYT article about JCM seemed to indicate that either John will extend or a new Hedwig will be brought in and it will continue to run."

Unless they were announcing the closing, they will always say this, though, no?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#7New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 4:00pm

I feel like if they were closing, they'd announce it, to drive as much sales into JCM run as possible. So, I'm assuming theyre going to recast or extend with JCM.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#8New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 4:15pm

i can't imagine this show is very expensive to run, so unless they can't find anyone to do the role I'm sure they'll recast and keep going.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

TomSloan
#9New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 7:49pm

I saw Anthony Rapp play the role once in Pittsburgh and I would love to see him do it in NYC

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#10New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 7:50pm

Anyone but Anthony Rapp

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#11New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 10:19pm

I agree. Please keep Anthony Rapp as far away from this role as possible.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#12New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 10:22pm

Anthony couldn't be the next Hedwig without a JCM extension, as JCM runs through 3/14 and Anthony is in If/Then through 3/22. Not sure how much time it would take him to even rehearse it and such if it were the case...

Never got to see Anthony do it in Pittsburgh, though, so I'd totally be fine with that.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#13New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 10:22pm

Adam Lambert, Tim Minchin, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Amanda Palmer... There are some pretty cool routes they could go...

Broadway World's Fireman.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#14New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 10:25pm

Lambert is a judge on American Idol this season, and just announced he is with a new label to start recording his third album, so no Hedwig for him.

All of the potential Hedwigs have been discussed over and over again in many threads at this point, though.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#15New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 10:28pm

Amanda Palmer would be a horrible choice. Plus she'd probably just play herself, not the character.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#16New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 11:00pm

From what I've heard, it's not anyone who's been mentioned here yet. But there will indeed be another Hedwig after JCM.

nasty_khakis
#17New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 11:11pm

I would love to see P!nk, probably the only women I'd ever want to see in the role. Wait, or Jenny Lewis.

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#18New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 11:13pm

Ewan McGregor, please. (Velvet Goldmine, anyone?)

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#19New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 11:35pm

wickedrocks, care to give us a hint? :)

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

ILuv2shop531
#20New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/19/15 at 11:40pm

What about Adam Pascal or John Stamos? Yes, I know keeping up the trend of every male that has played the Emcee in the last Cabaret revival haha. I think they would both do a great job though!

LightsOut90
#21New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/20/15 at 1:30am

I've heard Jared Letos name floated recently, he can sing and has some major acting credibility now with the oscar win behind him (and hell the part he played in Dallas Buyers Club was pretty similar to Hedwig in a sense)

bstrumwasser Profile Photo
bstrumwasser
#22New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/20/15 at 4:47pm

New Hedig after JCM?

Grab your limited edition copy of Lena Hall as Yitzhak.

This is a LIMITED EDITION print of 200, hand signed by 2014 Tony Award Winner Lena Hall as Yitzhak in Broadway's Hedwig and the Angry Inch. The print is 8.5"X11" (6.5"x6.5" image). Signed with Sharpie marker. First Edition.

A portion of the proceeds will benefit Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS.

http://www.brianstrumwasser.com/store/p3/Lena_Hall_as_Yitzhak_in_Hedwig_and_the_Angry_Inch.html

B Strumwasser www.BrianStrumwasser.com

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#23New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/20/15 at 5:43pm

How awesome would it be if they film JCM's performance?? I would die.

rjm516
#24New Hedig after JCM?
Posted: 1/20/15 at 7:40pm

I hope upon hope that they record JCM. There's no way I can get to see him so that would make my year.

I would absolutely freak out if Ewan McGregor came next.