News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ThorouglyModern2

Member Name: ThorouglyModern2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

May trip...4 shows, need 2 more  Mar 23 2016, 05:54:45 PM

Thanks! I honestly googled it but did not click that first link because it looked like an ad.

Also, I'm high.

May trip...4 shows, need 2 more  Mar 23 2016, 05:43:37 PM

JPeterman said: "I have not seen Dear Evan Hansen yet, but I am really looking forward to it.  I think that would be a great choice for your already excellent line up.  In fact, I just got an email today for 25% off Dear Evan Hansen tickets through broadwaybox. "

Any chance you can post the code?

Annaleigh Ashford singing Don't rain on my parade  Jun 21 2015, 11:56:45 PM

She would be perfect in that role!! I wasn't a huge fan of hers at first but after seeing her in Masters of Sex and You Can't Take it With You - I'm totally on the Annaleigh band wagon.

1 Hamilton Ticket for Sale July 31st  Jun 21 2015, 11:53:59 PM

I won't be able to go to NYC in July as planned. I have one ticket to Hamilton, 8pm on Friday July 31st. Orchestra Left, Row M, Seat 9. The seats adjacent on Broadway Box are going for $294. I'm asking $260 to avoid the hassle of a middle man. I bought through ticketmaster so I can transfer them to you via email.

Actors Breaking Character  May 28 2015, 01:26:02 AM

"LuPone, Foster, Karimloo, Richard Griffiths and others stopped the show in different ways to "scold" the audience for their misbehaviour."

Which Foster - Sutton or Hunter? I can't imagine Sutton Foster ever scolding an audience.

New Pasek and Paul Musical Album is Free  Apr 30 2015, 01:09:56 PM

They are releasing their James and the Giant Peach Album as a free download.  I'm giving it a first listen right now.

Featuring Megan Hilty, Christian Borle, Brian d'Arcy James, Jackie Hoffman, Skylar Astin, and more...

Link: http://jatgp.com/

Musicals about High School?  Apr 29 2015, 06:55:15 PM

Calvin Berger is a fantastic little 4 person musical set in highschool. It is a retelling of Cyrano de Bergerac.

Ellen Greene in Little Shop! Jonathan Groff in the New Brain! Sutton and Joshua Henry in the Wild Party!  Dec 25 2014, 12:33:21 AM
I absolutely love Sutton but I am not at all a fan of Sonya Tayeh's choreography. I assume that a show set in the Jazz age would have tap-dancing...does Sonya do that?? Most everything I've seen of hers has been very dark and strange.

Trying to decide if its worth it to add this show to an already packed trip for next July...I adored Sutton in Millie and Anything Goes but not so much in Violet. Maybe I only enjoy her playing upbeat roles?

(Not that she was bad in Violet, but

BEST and WORST shows of 2014  Dec 13 2014, 08:26:36 PM
Im surprised nobody has yet mentioned City of Conversation yet. That and Cabaret were my two faves of the year.

Least favorite was Fly By Night.

Most bizarre was Sleep No More. Still dont know what to make of that one!

Outside of nyc, the reimagining of Les Mis in Dallas was amazing. Deserves to be on Broadway.

1st The King and I Promo Video  Dec 7 2014, 11:50:39 AM
Rachel York is starring in the King and I in Dallas (and going presumably on tour??). I'm surprised that this is an entirely different production than the NYC version...that kind of thing doesn't happen very often, does it?

Link: http://www.rachelyork.net/Visitors.php/Home/

Jennifer Holliday Will Play Sofia In THE COLOR PURPLE  Nov 15 2014, 10:45:47 PM
Looks like the Detroit shows were canceled. I can't find anything about the Chicago shows??

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26889282/the-color-purple-canceled-ticket-holders-seeing-red

Actors Breaking Character  Oct 8 2014, 04:28:48 PM
Can't believe so many people are getting their panties in a wad....ya'll sure must be fun to be around!
Actors Breaking Character  Oct 8 2014, 12:39:03 PM
Believe me, the audience loved it and so did I. It was endearing and hilarious. But I do agree that only someone like Idina could pull that off without getting in huge trouble and without ruining the show....I was lucky enough to see Sutton and Gavin break character once as well...thought I thought it was with Christopher Sieber not Marc Kudish (unless it happened more than once)
Actors Breaking Character  Oct 8 2014, 11:59:09 AM
I saw the evening show of If/Then this past Sunday...During the birthday party scene Idina's scene partner (her assistant-the Alaina character) had a crack in her voice during the song. After a few seconds, they both lost it in a fit of giggles. After they were not able to recover, Idina said, "Its the last show of the week, guys!" Of course, she got huge applause. The lights dim on her scene and goes to another part of the stage for a short scene with Anthony Rapps character. When his scene end
Has Anyone Seen "Found" Yet?  Sep 23 2014, 01:15:40 PM
Hunter Bell's (Title of Show) new musical just started previews last week...has anyone seen it yet? Wondering if its worth a spot on my fall NYC trip.
Dallas Theater Center's modern-dress LES MIS (video)  Jul 26 2014, 01:45:46 PM
I saw this last week and was quite skeptical going in....but from the moment it started I was on the edge of my seat. I've seen Les Mis MULTIPLE times on tour, broadway, etc....but I thought this performance was a revelation. There were things in the show that I noticed that I had never noticed before. It really brought an emotional punch to certain things that was different than the traditional performances. A+++ Highly recommend.
Fortress of Solitude  Jul 17 2014, 10:14:32 PM
Unless they make some serious changes, I don't think this show will be anything special...A couple of the most important plot points seemed disjointed and really didn't have the gravitas they were trying to sell. Another important plot point was completely left out of the entire 2nd act and so left unresolved. Another minor point was so confusing I had to research the book on wikipedia when I got home to figure it out.

While race and class issues certainly permeate the play about the fr

Anneliese van der Pol starring in Texas production of MILLIE  Jul 4 2014, 08:52:07 AM
Is it common for regional productions to change the costumes? I feel like every time I've seen a regional production, they've worn the same (or very similar) costumes as the Broadway version but all of Millie's outfits here are different.

Edit - the linked article above also says the choreography has changed. Never seen that either. Its my favorite show and I've seen it many times - but don't I don't think I can stomach all these changes...

Official 2013 - 2014 Tony Awards Thread  Jun 8 2014, 10:17:44 PM
Im a huge wicked fan, but that performance did not seem Broadway caliber to me... Best performance of the night is still Idina
Official 2013 - 2014 Tony Awards Thread  Jun 8 2014, 10:04:50 PM
Someone wake me up when sting is done...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You