News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SomeOtherMe

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
Member Name: SomeOtherMe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/14/24  Apr 18 2024, 05:21:10 PM

"I’d rather shows take their time to finish developing and come to Broadway when they’re ready and set up for success, rather than the “Quick! This is our chance!” mentality this season’s producers seem to have. We’re oversaturated with new shows that will be gone before most people even have time to catch them, and some of the most consistently mediocre reviews I’ve read in a minute.

“Quality over quantity” has rarely

Lea Michele's Next Broadway Project Post-Baby #2  Apr 9 2024, 08:04:46 AM

It's probably safe to assume that whatever role she had planned is now on hold due to her 2nd pregnancy.

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... not at the Lyceum February 2024  Feb 8 2024, 01:39:30 PM

Just for my own curiosity...

If the team (theoretically) said "okay, Broadway was clearly too ambitious, let's do something more realistic..." and tried to book an Off-Broadway/much smaller house, is that something that would now be made more difficult due to this cancelation [announcement] and it being seeing as a kind of "tainted" production, or does that not really matter either way?

Sufjan Stevens & Justin Peck's "Illinoise"  Feb 7 2024, 10:18:23 AM

Does anyone have any discount codes for this?

Great songs given to minor/insignificant characters  Feb 5 2024, 04:01:55 PM

"Understudy Buddy" from Goosebumps the musical is the best and catchiest song by far and is sung by a very minor character in the show. I've already heard it quite a bit at auditions and showcases.

Kennedy Center Honors 2024  Dec 30 2023, 07:15:04 AM

Cyndi Lauper has been overdue for a while.

RUNAWAY HOME Industry Reading  Sep 25 2023, 03:45:59 PM

I'm curious... What didn't they like?

"My Neighbor Totoro" Stage adaptation to be staged by RSC; Tom Morton-Smith adapting script to English  Jul 17 2023, 05:48:20 PM

KevinKlawitter said: "Full cast announced"

Looks like this got fantastic reviews and is set to return to London later this year. Did anyone see it?

REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES musical in development  Jul 15 2023, 05:48:07 PM

BETTY22 said: "This sounds GREAT."

Definitely one of the new shows that I'm most looking forward to.

REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES musical in development  Jul 14 2023, 01:57:56 PM

Saw a casting notice for this on social media saying this is opening at ART in October.

Was Madonna any good in "Speed-the-Plow"?  Jun 1 2023, 09:40:59 AM

Scott19 said: "@Jarethan is bang-on. The play was meh and short. Silver and Mantegna were good. And I thought Madonna was fine. The role didn't demand much of her. That's what she delivered.

The thing that I remember more than the play was the crazy stage door scene when we were trying to exit the theatre. Barricades everywhere. It took some effort to get out of the area.
"

Much like a lot of todays stage doors, unfortunately.

Was Madonna any good in "Speed-the-Plow"?  May 31 2023, 02:24:15 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "Madonna is serviceable in some roles. Playing herself works best. Her fresh style and confidence in Desperately Seeking Susan led folks to believe she had acting chops. Sadly, acting is not in her wheelhouse.

Vulnerability, the most vital tool in the arsenal of a great actor, is not a strength of Madonna's. And I say that as a fan. She calculates everything. The richest actors find moments in vulnerability that Madonna can't access.

She

Was Madonna any good in "Speed-the-Plow"?  May 31 2023, 12:51:16 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "At the homes of private collectors who would never give it out so you have to go to them and watch lol"

Welp. Was worth a try haha

Was Madonna any good in "Speed-the-Plow"?  May 31 2023, 12:44:58 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "This is one of those performances that largely (I say largely, not definitively for anyone who wants to argue I don’t speak for them personally) has become the stuff of legends, as far as her being awful. She was fine. Definitely not acting that was gonna win her any awards but I think much like “Bad Cinderella” right now, people reeeeally wanted to hate her and so a lot did. And I speak having been able to watch a video of her in it pretty re

Was Madonna any good in "Speed-the-Plow"?  May 31 2023, 12:31:53 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "A quick Google search pulls up about half a dozen reviews, featuring keywords “uninspired”, “wooden”, and “tired”."

Yes, I'm aware that I could look up professional reviews. I was more interested in hearing what people on these boards thought, as I find that much more interesting than professional critics.

Was Madonna any good in "Speed-the-Plow"?  May 31 2023, 11:41:56 AM

Who saw it? How was she?

How was Cyndi Lauper in "Threepenny Opera"?  May 25 2023, 01:58:49 PM

I'm still really curious as to why she wasn't nominated her year. Was it just a super stacked year and she fell through the cracks? I know I could look it up but I'm more interestied in hearing what you all think.

How was Cyndi Lauper in  May 25 2023, 08:59:49 AM

I'd also be curious to see her take a stab at Follies.

How was Cyndi Lauper in "Threepenny Opera"?  May 24 2023, 07:29:18 PM

Love hearing that. Why do we think she ended up not being nominated? It seems people enjoyed her performance and she's well liked in the community.

How was Cyndi Lauper in "Threepenny Opera"?  May 24 2023, 05:51:18 PM

Huge Cyndi fan here. Did anyone here see her performance? I've seen a few clips online and thought she seemed excellent. What was the general consensus of her performance at the time and why do we think she hasn't done more Broadway? (performing wise)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You