News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Toddlin2

Member Name: Toddlin2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spamalot Chicago Tryouts?
 Oct 11 2008, 12:19:31 PM
I saw it twice in Chicago and still can't understand why they cut "Burn Her". I loved it.
re: Economic Depression will kill new shows this fall
 Sep 25 2008, 07:53:33 PM
Don't believe all the hype. This isn't remotely like the 30's Depression and it's not going to be. What it is, however, is economic Darwinism. As someone pointed out earlier in this thread---the weak will die but the strong will survive.
re: My Fair Lady in LA
 Apr 12 2008, 01:21:26 PM
I saw it in Chicago in January and it's a well done lively production--but there is no electricity between Henry and Eliza and the tiny "orchestra" (13/14) is way too small for this big show. "Get Me To The Church Ontime" was the highlight of the night for me.
re: Triumph Of Love at APAC
 Apr 8 2008, 02:14:47 PM
Well, not just me. The TIMES in it's Oct. 24, 1997 review said TOL is "a flat-footed parade of raunchy double-entendres and double takes that give new meaning to the phrase 'low comedy'." The audience also has a sense of "numbness". "Crude" is also used. I would add "lame, silly and adolescent".
re: Triumph Of Love at APAC
 Apr 8 2008, 01:16:38 PM
I saw TRIUMPH opening night 1st preview on Broadway with Betty Buckley and F. Murray Abraham. It is one of the worst messes I've ever sat through and unbearably long. Deservedly a short run flop despite the stellar cast. Why anyone would revive it is beyond me.
re: Wicked to lauch second tour.
 Mar 31 2008, 08:30:04 PM
The Chicago production was never a tour company. It was created as a Chicago company at a cost of $10 million by the original creative team. What happens to it if and when it closes no one knows.
re: Which big show should I see?
 Feb 18 2008, 04:46:00 PM
See SOUTH PACIFIC at Lincoln Center. It'll be about as close to the original production as can be--with 29 musicians in an open pit!!!
re: Spectacular!Spectacular! - Vegas Phantom (spoilers)
 Feb 10 2008, 09:28:05 PM
How big is the orchestra? I'm planning on seeing this next month.
re: Mary Poppins Recoups, Launches Tour in Chicago in 2009
 Dec 5 2007, 05:28:24 PM
The Chi engagement is seen as a long run sit-down before launching on tour. It could run at the Palace 9 months or more, meaning the rest of the country won't be seeing it until sometime in 2010.
re: Why Aren't Some Shows Effected By The Strke?
 Nov 13 2007, 05:11:43 PM
Rentboy--please learn how to spell. It's Affected not Effected.
re: AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY – First Preview Review (No Spoilers)
 Oct 31 2007, 10:24:37 AM
Have another Martini, Margo.
re: AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY – First Preview Review (No Spoilers)
 Oct 31 2007, 09:31:39 AM
I saw it at Steppenwolf and have to agree with you that if there are any acting awards to be won it will be by Amy Morton, altho the entire cast is stellar. All serious acting students should see A/O. It will be like a master class.

re: Piazza in Chicago at the Auditorium Theatre-Seating Suggestions?
 Jul 9 2007, 07:53:44 PM
Well, let's see. "F" is the 6th letter in the alphabet, sooooooo
re: Piazza in Chicago at the Auditorium Theatre-Seating Suggestions?
 Jul 9 2007, 07:42:39 PM
The Auditorium was the city's original opera house and it is IMMENSE!! Sit as close as you can or risk eye strain and nosebleeds! (LOL)
re: Hotel Advice - Milford Plaza or Roosevelt?
 Jul 7 2007, 03:35:04 PM
Avoid the Milford at all costs. It is a dump. You only get what you pay for. Try Quickbook.com for last minute deals.
re: Chicago theatre recommendations?
 Jul 5 2007, 07:45:11 PM
See Mary Zimmerman's "Memories of the Invisible Mirror" at the Goodman. Rave reviews.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You