News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ohjohnny

ohjohnny Profile Photo
Member Name: ohjohnny
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!
 Oct 23 2010, 06:03:51 PM
Saw it last night and based on this thread and others on the internet, I was expecting to see a real piece of dreck. Maybe it was lowered expectations, but I thought the show was fine and I'll go again to see if it improves. Now, I don't think this was the greatest thing I've seen on Broadway, but for those who think this is the worst thing you've seen, I suggest you buy tickets to the Addams Family and let me know if you still think Women on the Verge is garbage or the worst thing on Broadway
re: What Musical Theatre Song Is Your Top Played on iTunes?
 Aug 3 2010, 06:30:03 AM
Everything's Coming Up Roses - Angela Lansbury version
re: YOUR Top 10 of 2007 List
 Dec 23 2007, 09:56:12 AM
I can't came up with 10 worthy of listing, and my #1 is far above the others:

1. August: Osage County

2. Grey Gardens (does it count if I saw it again in 2007?)
3. 110 in the Shade
4. Mauritius
5. The Receptionist

re: Kerrys'new wig for the commercial only!
 Dec 20 2007, 07:27:08 PM
so now the filming of a commercial qualifies as "history being made"? lmao
re: Lansbury Gypsy
 Dec 7 2007, 08:37:02 AM
This is like an early Christmas present. THANK YOU.
re: 'Wicked' on Ugly Betty - Fake Lobby!
 Nov 2 2007, 05:51:32 PM
All I know is that I was thinking of going to see Wicked but since it didn't even nominally hold the interest of any of the Ugly Betty characters, I have to think Wicked is a pretty lame show. At least those Hills douches pretended like they were enjoying Legally Blonde.
re: How Much Money is Xanadu Losing?
 Oct 28 2007, 09:35:22 AM
So say, for argument's sake, the weekly nut is $220,000. They've been open for 22 weeks, so cumulative operating expenses for that period would be be $4.4 million. In those 22 weeks, they have grossed $5.5 million. So they have brought in $1.1 million over operating expenses. If they continue at their current pace, without heavy discounting, which may get difficult as time goes on, it will take 110 weeks total to meet the $5.5 million capitalization and start showing a profit. So around Jul
re: Kate Shindle's Money Note
 Oct 20 2007, 05:09:57 PM
OMG, you guys, this whole "money note" thing is like musical p*rn. You are sooo obsessed. And apparently Kate Shindle gives full release and LBB does not.
re: The Farnsworth Invention First Preview
 Oct 15 2007, 11:20:36 PM
I hate to piss all over a new show, so let me just add that I watched Legally Blonde 4 times this weekend. Just so you know where I'm coming from. And I also really liked Mauritius, which a lot of people did not. So maybe this show just wasn't my thing. Although I did really like Sorkin's Sports Night, the West Wing and, to a lesser extent, Studio 60.

It's just that with all the story that Farnsworth had to tell, there wasn't a lot of time to develop characters or scenes of any dr

re: The Farnsworth Invention First Preview
 Oct 15 2007, 11:00:10 PM
I just got back. It didn't move me much, I have to say. It felt like a history lesson without a lot of depth or dramatic tension. I kept waiting for the human story and I kept getting exposition. Miles of exposition. It felt like half of the show was exposition. And a lot of surface. Maybe I was missing the point. The story pits two characters against each other but they don't ever appear in the same scene together, instead each appears to narrate the other's story and add their two cent
re: Legally Blonde MTV Ratings
 Oct 15 2007, 02:52:23 PM
Well, MTV has relatively low ratings so the starting point is going to be low. And I don't expect this was some blockbuster ratingswise. The trick is that the people who do watch are probably 95% women and no doubt under 24 years old. The core LB audience. If you broadcast it on PBS, for contrast, I bet the audience would be 95% old people. I'm sure the average age of a regular PBS viewer is 60+. Not the core LB audience.
re: The Official LB MTV Broadcast Thread
 Oct 13 2007, 08:41:59 PM
I've watched it twice already and I loved it. Is it the best musical I have ever seen? Um, no. But what the hell, I get off on all the energy. As stupid as it sounds, especially after just watching it 2x, I'm ready to go see it again live. I'm thinking of dragging some friends along.
My Cousin Vinny: The Musical?
 Aug 28 2007, 04:35:57 PM
I was listening to the NPR Podcast of Pop Culture for 8/26/07 and they were interviewing the screenwriter for My Cousin Vinny about Bollywood approaching the Vinny producers for rights to produce a Bollywood version of Vinny. The piece was about Bollywood generally not approaching Hollywood producers and just copying US films for Bollywood remakes. In any case, the screenwriter for Vinny said he knew nothing about this but was fine with it because right now he is working on a script for the mu
re: Famous People at Broadway Shows
 Aug 27 2007, 04:31:51 PM
>ohjohnny, Wayland Flowers died in 1988 so you must have seen a lookalike.<

Thanks. Oops. Wrong puppeteer. I meant Jay Johnson!

re: Chorus Line 8/25 2pm OUCH
 Aug 27 2007, 01:18:34 PM
That makes sense. I think LBB did have more breaks. And an intermission too.
re: Famous People at Brodway Shows
 Aug 27 2007, 01:15:12 PM
This isn't so exciting, but at the 8/24 Chorus Line I saw Timothy Busfield (Studio 60, West Wing, Thirtysomething, Revenge of the Nerds) with his wife and son.
 Aug 27 2007, 09:10:01 AM
Not to thread hijack, but on the subject of d'Amboise and her days off, I did have sympathy for her, but I just saw Legally Blonde for the first time and it seems that Laura Bell Bundy has to dance her ass off for two and a half hours and she manages 8 shows a week. Maybe it's a travesty to compare the two, especially since I'm not a dancer and maybe don't recognize that d'Amboise has more complex choreography or something, but when I was watching Bundy (a day after I saw ACL again) it made me
re: 'Flops' you were lucky enough to see
 Aug 26 2007, 08:50:50 AM
Capeman
Marie Christine

Aug 25 2007, 07:02:03 PM
I was there last night and have to agree. I brought friends and they were a little underwhelmed. It was disappointing to hear my friends be critical. Oh well. I have seen it twice and have yet to see Natalie so I guess I don't know what I'm missing.
re: Broadway Merchandise That You Own
 Aug 24 2007, 04:53:04 PM
Mostly, I don't really collect this stuff, although I keep all my playbills. The only vaguely interesting stuff I have is from Chicago, and I just took a look to double-check what I have:

A Bebe Neuwirth autographed copy of the newspaper Velma holds up in Chicago, with the headline "Hoofer Slays 'Em in Cicero" next to a big picture of Bebe. Dated November 22, 1996. Also has an article inside on Velma.

Two tin prison cups with the Chicago logo on them.

One of the pla

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You