News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bonbon

bonbon Profile Photo
Member Name: bonbon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Harvey Fierstein Replacing Topol in Fiddler Tour?
 Nov 15 2009, 01:12:21 PM
I, for one, am super psyched. Fiddler was here in Dallas last May, and now it's in Fort Worth next March. I was already going to go see Topol again, but now I feel like I get a special treat! Topol was excellent, but I've always wanted to see Harvey live. Also, I hope Topol gets well soon!
re: Sticking Foot in Mouth When Meeting Performers
 Nov 7 2008, 11:28:42 PM
My friends and I stagedoored when Anthony Rapp was touring with Little Shop of Horrors. (My first time meeting Anthony! ) Anywho, he was very gracious and made small talk with us. He asked where we sat, and when we told him we were in the balcony, he asked how the acoustics were up there. My friend Christian told Anthony, "Great! You guys were real loud!" Anthony gave him a very funny look and mumbled something along the lines of Um yeah... we've got microphones. Poor Christian was so embarrassed... But not me. I've never stuck my foot in my mouth. Nope. Never... Bye now!
re: McCain bad for Broadway??
 Nov 4 2008, 11:27:06 AM
Am I the only one who remembers when the Republicans had their national convention in NYC? They had their "approved shows" list, and yet almost ALL Broadway grossed were down that week?... Just saying...
re: Jon larson music question...(its weird...)
 Oct 30 2008, 01:02:42 PM
I doubt they recycled his music. He wrote the music for this straight to video kids movie.
re: Honika Pardie at my plase!
 Oct 30 2008, 12:54:43 PM
eye breeng da draydull
re: RENT Tour cast
 Oct 15 2008, 11:18:29 AM
Hey, I was browsing the Wikipedia article about RENT and under the 2009 tour, it stated that Jonathon Morgan and Evan Fifer have been cast. There's no source, and I'm well aware of wiki's flaws, but does anyone know if there's any truth to this? I'm pretty sure I would have heard if anyone besides Adam or Anthony had been cast...
re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
 Sep 18 2008, 01:34:20 PM
Probably the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels tour. I was lucky enough to be in one of the first cities, so I got to see Norbert. My husband and I had season tix that year, and the guy who sat in front of us the entire season ACTUALLY put away his Game Boy and watched the show!
After that, I'd have to say The Producers and Spelling Bee. The elevator scene in Sweet Charity was brilliant as well. I can't remember the actor who played opposite Paige Davis off the top of my head though...

rent your first time
 Sep 7 2008, 08:02:59 PM
My first time seeing RENT was in Dallas on November 26, 1999, the day after Thanksgiving. I saw it with my two best friends and our moms. It's what was left of our Girl Scout Troop at the time. When I got home, my dad's stuff was gone. Not long after, he called me to tell me that he and my mom were getting a divorce and that he was gay. Ever since then, RENT has spoken to me in a very special way and has been a huge part of my life. I traveled to NYC with my husband, my mom, and a couple of my
re: TOPOL in FIDDLER ON THE ROOF usa tour?
 Sep 3 2008, 06:34:16 PM
This tour is part of next year's Dallas Summer Musicals line-up. Most of my friends are surprised he's still performing... I'm looking forward to seeing him though. I saw the tour with Thedore Bikel several years ago.
I also saw a local production put on by a Southern Baptist church, but that's a story for another day....

re: Musical Internet Series Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog with Neil Patrick
 Aug 19 2008, 03:52:27 PM
Since it hasn't been addressed directly yet... YES, there will be a DVD release, but no date has been announced to my knowledge. Also, according to Joss, there will be a musical commentary track on the DVD. And apparently a 4th installment is already in the works.
And for those debating the ending, I think Nathan Fillion said it best at Comic Con: Dr Horrible got everything and Billy got nothing. VERY Joss Whedon ending. *JossLove*

re: WAAAYYY strange post tarot deck based on musicals
 May 2 2008, 01:59:16 PM
I LOVE it! I also think it would be fun to do a series of decks based on different musicals. And even for people who aren't into tarot necessarily, the cards would be pretty to own, right?
re: Musical Theatre BREAK UP SONGS
 Dec 17 2007, 11:57:14 AM
I'm glad I'm not alone. When I was dumped by the *#!@)&^%$!@ I dated before I got married (<3) I listened to I'm Still Hurting (L5Y) and I Know the Truth (Aida) on a loop. BUT, then I created a playlist on iTunes called Step Off Bitch and filled it with songs that make me (personally) feel empowered and upbeat. Some Rocky Horror, Out Tonight (Rent), mostly rockin' stuff. So I hope that the songs listed by the kind souls here help ease your pain, and you can move onto your Step Off playlist soon.
re: Gwen Stefani's New Musical Mashup!
 Dec 7 2007, 12:13:37 PM
Yes. Awesome.
...Although I thought her next one might be My Fair Lady or West Side Story. She should do a whole album where she samples showtunes. I'd buy it and most of the world would be oblivious. I remember when her first album came out I actually had to whip out my Fiddler DVD to convince my friends that she had indeed sampled a showtune.

re: Repo! A Genetic Opera Movie Footage
 Oct 25 2007, 12:22:56 PM
Just because no one has done it yet...
ANTHONY STEWART HEAD!! Yay! Whoo hoo! Love and <3 and all that fangirl jazz.
.... sorry. Had to be done.

re: Future of RENT
 Oct 25 2007, 12:20:15 PM
Honestly, Rent is my favorite show. And it's not that I think the subject material is any less relevant, but it HAS been playing for a while, and I think it would be better for it to close than for it to pathetically peter out and go down in musical theater history as a joke. It's not really so "fresh" anymore, but do we really need to see more former boy band members and American Idol contestants in there?
Run on sentences and ramblings put short: close it on a good note, so that we may all

re: Happy birthday, Adam Pascal!
 Oct 25 2007, 12:13:37 PM
Yeah I'll jump in here...
Happy birthday, Adam! Here's to many more. <3

re: Dreamworks Pulls 'Sweeney Todd' From ComicCon
 Jul 24 2007, 06:51:47 PM
Okay, so the question now becomes, when and where will a Sweeney trailer be premiered? It's going to be out in less than six months. It'd be cool to at least have a teaser...
re: Casting a Stage Version of Moulin Rouge
 Jul 19 2007, 02:45:21 PM
you're my new hero BD! Carol Channing has that heavenly quality in her voice required for Satine.
CMIYC Workshop
 Jul 19 2007, 02:40:52 PM
Loved the book, not so much the movie. My favorite part of the book was Abagnale's thought process and commentary, so I imagine the lyrics and any monologues will be quite witty. And also, <3 Nathan Lane.
Tonight 7:15 pm in Philly
 Jul 19 2007, 02:35:20 PM
moviefone.com lists two in the dallas area... hmm, tempting...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You