News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AustinRyan

AustinRyan Profile Photo
Member Name: AustinRyan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Amazing Grace Tickets
 May 11 2015, 05:04:01 PM

Thats not totally atypical for the preview period. Something Rotten did the same

The Next Legendary Librettos
 Mar 18 2015, 11:08:15 PM
Hands down "Next To Normal"

It won the Pulitzer.

I know it's very polarizing but the book itself is phenomenal.

I know a lot of people jump on the band wagon, but it was revolutionary for musical theatre as far as theme and approach.

The Bridges of Madison County New Logo
 Mar 9 2015, 10:30:33 PM
Looks like Oregon Trail to me...
The buzz on upcoming shows?
 Mar 3 2015, 09:10:26 PM
I'm taking a trip in early April and the shows I'm looking at are...

Finding Neverland - new and fresh sounding score, huge potential for fresh choreography and sets, follows story of the movie/book

Something Rotten! - an original work, extremely talented leads, tap dancing, lots of fun, about young playwrights writing the worlds first musical to compete with William Shakespeare's work in Elizabethan England

An American in Paris - incredibly talented director/choreo

Tony Award Nominations
 Mar 3 2015, 12:18:33 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the specific date for nomination cut-offs?
Fun Home cast recording
 Jan 30 2015, 01:12:05 AM
With the original cast recording having only been released a year ago this February, and the show opening at Circle in the Square in April, how do you think they approach the recording? With many of the original cast recording members transferring to the Circle production, would they record a whole new cast album to be sold as the OBC or would they just continue selling the Original Cast Recording?
Julie Taymor
 Jan 26 2015, 12:45:08 AM
You people need to read "The Song of Spider-Man" written by the playwright hired personally by Julie to help revamp the show after she fired the first writer. Amazing story and great insight on the making of Spiderman. It's really a shame the musical ended so poorly. Maybe she didn't have the best way to carry it out, but it seems like the vision Julie had for the show was incredible.
Finding Neverland Artwork
 Nov 12 2014, 02:53:41 PM
I don't think it looks awful...

Could someone find and post the old artwork from the A.R.T. production for comparisons sake?

Change One Letter: Musicals Edition
 Nov 5 2014, 11:43:17 PM
Wet Side Story

Fridges of Madison County

Rippin

Next to Formal

King Dong

ALL BLACK CAST REVIVALS go....
 Aug 23 2014, 07:05:23 PM
"Next to Normal" would be killer. Yes, it might lose some of it's original intentions, but it would also add a lot of new layers to the story.
Fiona's transformation - Shrek the Musical
 Aug 8 2014, 08:50:03 PM
Check their YouTube Channel

Either Episode 2 or Episode 5 briefly discuss the change I believe

Live Stage Video Recordings
 Jul 18 2014, 01:37:12 PM
Why don't more shows release the video recordings of their production? I know Shrek and the Company revival did. And I think most shows record for archival purposes anyways, so why not release the recordings to the public more often? I understand it could hurt ticket sales ("why pay $100 to see the show when you can buy the DVD"), but especially after the closing of a show, it seems like it would make sense to sell a recording. There are a number of shows I wish I could have seen but now will ne
Future Movie musical adaptations
 Jun 23 2014, 10:59:55 PM
Devil Wears Prada would be wonderful. As would Mrs Doubtfire and Princess Diaries. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney hits up Hercules for its next adaptation, either before or after Frozen. The music is so wonderful and is already plotted out like a stage musical.

My problem with Nightmare is that it's such a highly stylized Burton film already, Design would have to either exactly replicate the film (how would they make Jack so tall and so skinny) or take a whole new route, which could

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You