News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for camman

camman Profile Photo
Member Name: camman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Strobe lights currently on Broadway
 Jun 30 2015, 11:55:43 PM
Hedwig has strobe lights and fog.

I distinctly remember sitting in the front orchestra and having the fog from the stage roll onto the first few rows during the reprise of Wicked Little Town.

Strobe lights currently on Broadway
 Jun 30 2015, 11:55:43 PM
Hedwig has strobe lights and fog.

I distinctly remember sitting in the front orchestra and having the fog from the stage roll onto the first few rows during the reprise of Wicked Little Town.

How much time left for Gentlemens Guide
 Jun 18 2015, 11:02:05 PM
duh-lete
Matilda Tour?
 Jun 5 2015, 10:34:00 PM

Well I guess I'm the outlier here. 

I saw the LA show earlier this week, and I thought it was good. I agree it wasn't as good as the Broadway production but I didn't go in expecting it to be (since when has a tour ever been better than its Broadway counterpart??)...  The set was surprisingly well done and the actors were all on point. I particularly enjoyed Matilda (Gabby Gutierrez) and Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood.

Bryce was definitely not as good as Bertie but he al

Cabaret Closing Show
 Mar 30 2015, 12:40:50 AM
Saw all three leading ladies...
My order would be:
1. Michelle Williams
2. Sienna Miller
3. Emma Stone
Its not like Stone was bad, she was definitely better than I expected and was actually quite good, but she did not really compare to the other two in their ability to portray Sally's ups and downs.
And I know not everyone like Williams, but I thought she brought something really unique and special to the role.

This show really meant a lot to me. I didn't mind t

Cabaret - Film or Stage Recording
 Mar 18 2015, 04:36:54 PM
I would be very interested, actually, in seeing a remake of the Cabaret 1972 film, but based on the 1998 production instead of the earlier ones...
I guess it wouldn't be a remake because it would be really completely different from the 1972 version, it would be more sexual and more aggressive.

Cabaret - Film or Stage Recording
 Mar 18 2015, 03:10:57 PM
I really hope they do something to remember this production.
We do have the recording of the 98 production with Natasha and Alan, but that production was never fully recorded (on video) to my knowledge.
I do believe this production or version of Cabaret is amazing and it is very said that it will possibly fade away. This production needs to live on somehow...

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
 Mar 18 2015, 12:44:07 PM
How does the grinder bit work?
which seat usually gets called up on stage?

Favorite FINALE in Musicals
 Mar 10 2015, 11:25:09 PM
definitely "cabaret/finale" from Cabaret!
chills, everytime! It's like a slap in the face!

Also "Midnight Radio" from Hedwig

Front Row Belasco
 Feb 21 2015, 10:31:53 PM
I have front row center tickets to Hedwig in March, so I second this question...
I would imagine they are great considering Hedwig's interaction with the audience. But at the same time, isn't the Belasco known for having a tall stage? Would that be awkward for the first row?

Wicked or Lion King
 Feb 21 2015, 12:35:15 AM
Honestly, there are so many better shows on Broadway right now...

...But if I HAD To pick, I'd say Wicked.

Matilda or Les Miserables?
 Dec 26 2014, 06:48:06 PM
Ok, I'll be going with MATILDA. Thanks everyone for the help!
I listened to the cast recording again, and I remembered everything I love about the show. Also, Les Mis will always be playing somewhere :)
thank you!

Dec 26 2014, 04:53:22 PM
So far.. (if I counted correctly) 6 for Matilda and 6 for Les Mis?
Also, Les Mis is like $60 cheaper than Matilda for a similar seat...

Dec 26 2014, 04:04:59 AM
Well I'd be open to seeing other shows... I did look around but I just didn't find anything of interest. Again, I do have tickets to quite a few other shows too and I am seeing (or have already seen) most mainstream shows.
 Dec 26 2014, 02:18:05 AM
I'll be in New York for a week or so around MLK weekend, and have one more night available for theater... The only two shows left (that I have interest in) are Les Mis and Matilda. I have seen Matilda before, but I really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind seeing it again. I've seen other productions of Les Mis and I love the show, but I heard that this production is not excellent...
I already have tickets to multiple other shows during my visit, so I don't really have enough money to see both.

John Cameron Mitchell to Join HEDWIG on Broadway for 8 Weeks!
 Nov 20 2014, 06:26:30 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooo
I leave NYC on January 19th. This is like my worst nightmare.

But, I did already get tickets for Michael C. Hall as Hedwig...although I'll probably be crying throughout his performance out of sheer denial of my missed opportunity.

Mezzanine for Hedwig at the Belasco?
 Nov 18 2014, 10:47:46 PM
How is the view from the Mezzanine (very front row) at the Belasco theater for Hedwig and the Angry Inch? I'm planning to buy my tickets soon for a show in January, and so far, the Front Mezz. seems to be the most ideal location... But then again, I've never been to the Belasco and have never seen Hedwig in person.. so I need a second opinion.
Any suggestions?

Monday shows?
 Oct 15 2014, 06:19:53 PM
I believe Avenue Q is open on Mondays... There rush tickets are like 30 bucks and you can get great seats with them!! enjoy!
Looking for Lion King fans!
 Sep 21 2014, 05:08:07 PM
It's a very entertaining, good show. Just not a GREAT show... I liked it enough to see it a couple times, but if i had $200 to spend on tickets, I'd probably get tickets to a new show or something a little more brilliant.. I also think that price is a big factor of the lack of the fan base, with all tickets at least $100 there is no way most college students or young adults could pay for this show. They don't have a lottery, rush, or any sort of discount whatsoever! I mean, Wicked is just as exp
Hedwig in 2015?
 Sep 21 2014, 04:50:22 PM
Unfortunately, I will not be able to visit New York until March of 2015, but I desperately want to see Hedwig. I haven't seen it before, but I am obsessed with the movie and the OBC recording. Does anyone know if Hedwig will sill be open then? Tickets are only on sale until January 4th with Michael C. Hall, but is there any talk as to what will happen afterwards? Is it going to close? Is JCM going to return to the role (or maybe only in my dreams)? Thanks for the input!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You