Front Row Belasco

mattmarkowski99 Profile Photo
mattmarkowski99
#1Front Row Belasco
Posted: 2/21/15 at 10:01pm

Hi! I just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on the front/first row of orchestra for the Belasco? Good? Bad? Thanks!

camman Profile Photo
camman
#2Front Row Belasco
Posted: 2/21/15 at 10:31pm

I have front row center tickets to Hedwig in March, so I second this question...
I would imagine they are great considering Hedwig's interaction with the audience. But at the same time, isn't the Belasco known for having a tall stage? Would that be awkward for the first row?

"And then you're someone you are not, And Junction City ain't the spot, Remember Mrs. Lot, and when she turned around"
Updated On: 2/21/15 at 10:31 PM

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#2Front Row Belasco
Posted: 2/21/15 at 11:01pm

I have been to Hedwig 4 times, and I have sat near but not in the front row. The stage is moderately high. I could see the patrons in the front row with their heads tilted way back to see but the cool thing is Hedwig interacts with one or more people in the front row.

I think you will enjoy it and I probably wouldn't try to switch the seats if you already have them, but if all tickets were the same price, my order of preference would be row 3, row 4, row 5, row 2, row 6, then maybe row 1.

Updated On: 2/21/15 at 11:01 PM

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#3Front Row Belasco
Posted: 2/21/15 at 11:08pm

Me and my bf sat in the first row on the right side and loved it. Hedwig made lots of eye contact with us, during one of the songs he slid across the stage over to us and said "do you boys want to adopt me?". We had a blast. The stage is a bit high but since the format of the show is basically a one woman show / rock concert it's the perfect show to sit in front row. I usually like to be a bit further back since Broadway stages tend to be high but was so glad we were in the first row for this. You will have a blast!

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#4Front Row Belasco
Posted: 2/22/15 at 12:03am

We sat in the front row when NPH was playing Hedwig. It was awesome - enjoy!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#5Front Row Belasco
Posted: 2/22/15 at 12:11am

Front Row Belasco

found this picture of someone in the 2nd row

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Videos