News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for beilis32

Member Name: beilis32
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Go into show blind or music memorized?  Aug 25 2018, 06:46:24 PM
I have never purposely tried to learn all of the music to a show before going to see it. If I know every word to a show, it's because I have known it for years just from listening to it without ever knowing I was going to see it. I have had equally good times at shows to which I have known every word and shows I have gone in blind to. it's a different experience either way. I have also seen some shows where I knew some of the songs without knowing any of the context and then sometimes it's
The  May 23 2018, 03:24:33 PM

Most enthusiastic audience you have experienced?  Feb 16 2018, 04:36:54 PM

In the revival of How to Succeed with Daniel Radcliffe, (my first Broadway show when I was in high school), he enters like he is a window washer and comes down from the ceiling. The audience went INSANE, to the point where I thought he wouldn't have to do anything else, and we all would have just kept cheering.
I saw a student matinee of the play Clybourne Park. The whole audience laughed at the jokes and reacted to all of the intense parts, in a way that I think would have been diff

Do College Kids Know Movie Musicals? REACT Video on YouTube  Feb 13 2018, 11:42:17 PM

They clearly picked the wrong college kids!  I m in college now and my theater loving friends and I would have known all of these in two seconds flat!I might not have known gentlemen prefer blondes though. I'm sure if you picked the theater college kids they would've had a much easier time. I do find it interesting that the black people know the wiz but the white people didn't .

In the Heights @ The Kennedy Center Cast?  Feb 13 2018, 03:06:21 PM
I saw Joshua Grosso as Usnavi on tour in Pittsburgh, I thought he was perfect!
Best understudy you've ever seen?  Jan 16 2018, 04:39:12 PM
When I saw Wicked in Pittsburgh, something happened to the lady playing Madam Morrible and she had to switch with someone else at intermission. I think this is what standbys are for. I don't remember either of their names.I thought it was so impressive though, because you almost couldn't tell it was a different person!
re: Your Top 5 LEAST Favorite Musicals  Nov 15 2017, 03:56:58 PM

Out of all the musicals that I have seen or listened to the recording of, which is a lot because that's basically what I do when I'm not studying, I have never hated any of them. There are some I like more than others, but there has never been one that I regretted seeing or listening to.

Happy Birthday to two Broadway legends  Mar 22 2017, 12:48:16 PM

It's like a holiday for people like us. And who's like us? Damn few!

re: Funny Dreams about Broadway  Feb 14 2017, 01:43:13 AM

I had a dream once where I was  not in Hamilton, but somehow permitted to watch it from backstage. Both Lin Manuel  Miranda and Daveed Diggs acknowledged  my existence, end it was really cool. I woke up with Wait For It stuck in my head!

I went through a phase where I listened to A Weekend in the Country  so often that it invaded my dream had a very specific dream about watching actors rehearse the number under the direction of Sondheim. He

Comedically Misheard Lyrics  Jan 15 2017, 11:59:30 PM

I used to think it was "guns and ships and solar powered ships" which makes no sense!

And my sister thought the bit in Say No To This was "and I punched her in the face"

Authors of Plays/Musicals performing in their own work  Jan 15 2017, 11:48:45 PM

Dave Malloy, the composer of Great Comet, is Pierre on the original recording.

Actors who are constantly typecast?  Nov 16 2016, 09:55:25 AM

And he is going to play Ebeneezer Scrooge, who isn't really a   villain!

Actors who are constantly typecast?  Nov 16 2016, 01:19:50 AM

Is it my imagination or is Jane Krakowski usually typecast as ladies who are promiscuous and not  very smart? Also, I looked her up once and Sarah Rice, the original Johanna in Sweeney Todd, is proof that if you can play one beautiful soprano part like that, you can play them all. That's not even a bad thing though!

Broadway Halloween costumes  Oct 31 2016, 10:27:57 AM

Several years ago my awkward 15-year-old self was Johanna from Sweeney Todd. Nobody knew who she was, but I was so happy I didn't really care. I was appropriately serenaded by someone who did understand too, which was lovely,

Favorite Sondheim Show?  Oct 7 2016, 04:16:18 PM

All of the ones with which I am familiar enough to judge are pretty great, but I love Sweeney Todd and Assassins because I didn't think it was humanly possible to write a musical about anything that dark, and with such amazing music until lo and behold, Sondheim!
Also A Little Night Music, even I've never technically seen it, because it's the polar opposite of either of the other two and just beautiful and hilarious.

I think you might all enjoy this video. It's a compilation of people talking about how great Sondheim is. I'm in it (the girl who says "I can remember the exact moment.."  among other things.I'm sure you can relate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoyOTGvWX4k

Rupert Holmes Leads QandA This Sun at Symphonic Metal Drood  Sep 15 2016, 02:43:53 PM

I don't understand it either. It's supposed to be hilarious, not creepy! Although I must admit that by itself, symphonic metal Moonfall Is kind of cool.

Sweeney Todd Backers Audition  Sep 15 2016, 02:39:08 PM

Oh, you're welcome! I didn't even do anything weird to find it, I just landed in a dodgy corner of Youtube and chanced upon it! 

Sweeney Todd Backers Audition  Sep 15 2016, 10:22:42 AM

Most of you have maybe seen this before but I found it online last night and was fascinated. Even though I know this entire score backwards and forwards, hearing Sondheim trying to sing his own songs, and especially do Mrs. Lovett's parts without any kind of an accent is hilarious. Interesting to see how parts of it have changed, and the way they describe parts of it is practically poetic. I love hearing the assembled people laugh at the funny parts;it's  interesting to think they were probably some of the first people to ever hear these songshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRkoHSTNUUc

Highest Note Required in a Musical?  Sep 11 2016, 01:36:18 PM

In my humble opinion, Glitter and Be Gay is the most insane soprano song of all time, at least in a musical, with Poor Wandering One as a close second.

Your Most Prized Theater Item/ memborabilia  May 31 2016, 02:59:41 PM

Polka Dot2 said: "

• Annie Get Your Gun playbill and CD signed by Bernadette
  • Drowsy Chaperone CD signed by original cast
  • Wicked playbill signed by Idina and Kristin. It's from the performance right after Idina won the Tony - won the lottery and sat front row
  • I inherited part of my great-grandmother's old playbill collection. Mostly shows that I had never heard of before, but she did have the original "My Fair La
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You