News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StrStruckDreamr9

StrStruckDreamr9 Profile Photo
Member Name: StrStruckDreamr9
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Learning to read music
 May 22 2005, 10:10:31 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am in a choir, so this has helped me a little, but I still can't look at a note and say, "Oh, that sounds like this." I will check into the music theory books, though. Thank you!
re: Learning to read music
 May 22 2005, 10:10:31 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am in a choir, so this has helped me a little, but I still can't look at a note and say, "Oh, that sounds like this." I will check into the music theory books, though. Thank you!
re: Brad Oscar & Hunter Foster to Return to The Producers in July
 May 20 2005, 06:29:03 PM
This is exciting :). I missed him the first time; maybe I'll catch him this time around.
Learning to read music
 May 20 2005, 06:27:03 PM
I am interested in learning to read music. I don't want to master music theory or anything quite like that...just enough to read
sheet music. What should I do? I took piano a while ago. Would it help to just review that stuff?

Lackluster Year for Tony's?
 May 18 2005, 04:11:32 PM
Does anyone else think that Broadway has had a bit of a lackluster season? I read the Tony nominations and didn't feel the excitement that I felt last year. Aside from, perhaps, Spamalot, there don't seem to be any breakout shows . Last year, for example, there was so much buzz over the different categories--who might win and who some thought deserved to win but probably wouldn't. I just don't get that feeling this year. Anyone else?

re: Fiddler +Harvey
 Jan 5 2005, 06:23:29 PM
I was thinking more along the lines that I didn't think that his voice didn't make him a likely choice for the role. I am not at all trying to imply that Harvey Fierstein isn't an incredibly talented actor, which he is! I'm a fan, just a bit off put, that's all.
re: What Broadway CD should i buy...need suggestions!?
 Jan 5 2005, 06:17:16 PM
I'm looking to buy a Phantom recording. Is there a general consensus as to which is the "best"? Also, has anyone listened to the "Children of Eden" recording? Any good?
re: Fiddler +Harvey
 Jan 5 2005, 06:07:06 PM
All I have to say is...why?
re: No one seems to care Hunter Foster is leaving Jan 9
 Jan 3 2005, 12:06:32 PM
I care. I'll never get to see him as Leo Bloom...
Anyone else buy the Broadway calendar from Ebay?
 Jan 3 2005, 12:05:00 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I personally love having a calendar that already has the Tony's marked.

P.S. Hunter Foster is September...yay!

Wicked Bootleg on Ebay...not anymore
 Dec 23 2004, 11:41:53 PM
Just thought that this was funny. I was browsing Ebay yesterday looking for gifts that my lovely friends and family could get me for Christmas when I came across an item labeled "Wicked VHS." Turns out that it was a bootleg shot from the balcony. I sent the seller a message asking, but knowing the answer already, "Isn't this a bootleg, and, thus, illegal?" He didn't respond, but the item wasn't there today. I guess he figured that the $100 he was asking wasn't worth federal prosecution! :)
re: They Killed it
 Dec 22 2004, 07:02:23 PM
I am proud to say that my school does an outstanding job with the spring musical every single year. I have never been able to be part of the show, however, until this year because the director (our school's drama teacher) didn't like me and never cast me. Four years of auditioning and never even making chorus! We brought in a professional director this year, though, and I finally made it. Yay!
re: Miss Siagon in community theatre??
 Dec 22 2004, 06:58:14 PM
One of the community theatres where I live is putting it on. (I was so sad that I missed the auditions while I was on a trip.) I live in Hawaii, so at least there won't be a shortage of Asians for the cast! I am really looking forward to seeing it.
re: Awww...Sutton/Jen Makeover Story
 Dec 22 2004, 06:40:38 PM
I learned one thing from that show...Jen Cody is one loud and hyper woman. I did have lots of fun when Hunter was onscreen, though. :)
re: Hunter Foster on tour with The Producers!
 Dec 22 2004, 06:37:19 PM
Do you think that we'll know if this is a "for sure" thing any time soon?
re: Eargasms
 Dec 16 2004, 07:51:27 PM
OMG WHENEVER IDINA SINGS!!!

Just joking, everyone.

re: Idina Voice crack
 Dec 16 2004, 07:47:48 PM
Wow, the Tony's. I can totally understand this thread seeing as how they were so recent...
re: Producers with HUNTER!
 Dec 16 2004, 07:41:37 PM
Wow, bwayfan, 8 times! I wish...lol.
re: Who is the ONE (and I mean UNO) B'way folk you wanna meet?
 Nov 4 2004, 11:27:06 PM
I pick Hunter :)
re: Overhype
 Oct 22 2004, 08:07:35 PM
The Fiddler revival.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You