Producers with HUNTER!

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#0Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:29pm

has anyone seen him in it yet? Any good?

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Yankeefan007
#1re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:31pm

ive seen the producers about 7 times with various casts...i can safely say that hunter foster is not only the most convincing leo bloom, but he is the best.

broadwayguy2
#2re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:31pm

he's about to leave... so what do you mean "yet"? lol.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#3re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:32pm

He's awesome. The man can act beautifully... excellent comedic timing. He's got a beautiful voice... and he can DANCE!

He's really doing a great job - it's an excellent role for him. The show is funny, but his performance made the show for me.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#4re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:34pm

when does he leave?

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

luvtheEmcee
#5re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:35pm

Early January, I believe.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#6re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:36pm

*wipes brow* wa-shooe! he'll still be there when i see him. yay.

BTW- NEW ICON! WOO-HOO

luvtheEmcee
#7re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:37pm

Yeah... who is that? Looks familiar.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#8re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:37pm

Jamie Bell as BIlly Elliot, the movie that is!

luvtheEmcee
#9re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:38pm

Thought so. re: Producers with HUNTER!

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#10re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:40pm

haha. i just saw the movie so... ya know... well, maybe not. re: Producers with HUNTER!

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#11re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 5:53pm

I saw him like two days after he started in the role- wonderful!

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#12re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 6:10pm

last day is 1/9. Richard Kind comes in on 12/21 to take over from JT who is working Max until then since Brad left on 12/12 for a brief rest before going to London to take over from Lane.

Just call it Producers Round Robin Casting

"Life is a lesson in humility"

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#13re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 6:14pm

lol

MatureDignity Profile Photo
MatureDignity
#14re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 6:22pm

Seeing it next week, if I can get rush tix...

check your personality Profile Photo
check your personality
#15re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 7:20pm

Richard Kind - should be interesting. I know his niece, not that anyone cares LOL but how do you all think he will do? I thought he was really funny in Mad About You and Spin City so hopefully he can bring it up on stage.

bwayfan1225
#16re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/14/04 at 8:59pm

I've seen the show eight times just for Hunter. So I'm biased because I'm a huge fan of his. But he is just so awesome in this role and never fails to make me laugh. Every time I go he gets better. He and Brad were terrific together and I'm very curious to see how he'll be with Richard Kind.

StrStruckDreamr9 Profile Photo
StrStruckDreamr9
#17re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/16/04 at 7:41pm

Wow, bwayfan, 8 times! I wish...lol.

lostwallflower Profile Photo
lostwallflower
#18re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/16/04 at 9:14pm

Was I the only one not astounded by him? I thought his comedic timing was only decent, not spectacular. I wasn't impressed by his acting at all.

"I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber, I'm a cuber. Please don't take me to the pickle farm."- Brak

CaTheatreGirl Profile Photo
CaTheatreGirl
#19re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/16/04 at 9:27pm

You are not alone. I've seen the show more than a dozen times in NY and LA with every Leo. Sorry to say Hunter is not in the top three for me. I was not impressed. He was too forced in being funny and played the role for attention and big laughs. Not a good match with Brad. Brad has done far better with his other Leos. Matthew is still the best, followed by Roger. That's my opinion. Updated On: 12/16/04 at 09:27 PM

pab Profile Photo
pab
#20re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/17/04 at 2:21am

Hunter was good but I liked Roger better.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

B.B. Wolf
#21re: Producers with HUNTER!
Posted: 12/17/04 at 2:37am

I don't think I'd describe Hunter's voice as "beautiful", but it definitely has a very likeable quality. He is my favorite Leo Bloom, though. I thought Stadlen was great as Bialystock, but that role was made for Nathan Lane. I don't like the man's voice AT ALL, but that role is perfection when he is inhabiting it.

Word. Word, indeed.

Videos