News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LindaSmyth

Member Name: LindaSmyth
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?  Jul 18 2018, 10:22:16 PM

I was also hoping Shirley Anderson would reprise her role. She was the best part of the show when I saw it back in London. I'm sure Mare Winningham will bre great though. 

Caitlin Houlahan's part is small, but she has a heartbreaking scene and song ("I want you" with Colton Ryan.

Looking forward to this!

Susan Egan to reprise role in BATB  Feb 27 2018, 06:55:05 PM

Does anyone know if this will be a concert version or...?

I am a big fan of hers, I wish she would come back to Broadway!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/That-Girl-is-Strange-But-Special-Susan-Egan-to-Reprise-Role-in-BEAUTY-AND-THE-BEAST-at-5-Star-Theatricals-20180226

Betsy Wolfe, Alexander Gemignani and Margaret Colin Join CAROUSEL on Broadway; Full Cast & Theatre Announced!  Sep 16 2017, 05:48:14 PM

Now that the ensemble has been announced, do we know who's understudying who? My guess is Amy Justman will be understudying Renee Fleming

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Sep 16 2017, 05:41:34 PM

So for all of you with reliable sources, have you heard anything about the rest of the cast? Freddy? Pickering? Mrs. Higgins? Any standbys maybe?

Evita white washing controversy?  Sep 13 2017, 07:11:48 PM

Yeah, the controversy makes no sense. 

Eva Peron was of Spanish descent, both her parents were from Spain. Which means that yes, she was Hispanic (culturally speaking), but she was white. Just like Elena Roger, an Argentinian, was also white. If we wanted to be "racially accurate", someone like Laura Benanti (of Italian descent) would probably be more appropiate for thw part than a latina like, say, Karen Olivo.

This reminds me of the complaints some peopl

What Are Five Broadway Songs Guaranteed to Make You Cry?  Aug 29 2017, 07:30:59 PM

Losing my mind, Follies

Unlikely lovers, Falsettos

Wheels of a dream, Ragtime

Beautiful, Sunday in the Park with George

No one is alone, Into the Woods

Jersey Boys 3rd national tour?  Aug 29 2017, 03:45:45 PM

Yes, just look for videos of the international tour. Very, very cheap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X7LFh9oNWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTLxOWFG82c

Sunset Boulevard - Movie Dream Cast  Aug 18 2017, 12:20:51 AM

I second Jake Gyllenhaal as Joe and Lily James as Betty.

Lily has a beautiful voice and is a wonderful actress. I wonder if we´ll see her on Broadway anytime soon...

Hal Prince's EVITA Aims for Broadway?  Aug 11 2017, 09:01:56 PM

Yes, Please!!!

With Ana Villafañe or Mandy Gonzalez!

Hamilton cast size  Aug 8 2017, 06:51:28 PM

JBroadway said: "Your math is off by 2, but your point stands. That is a lot! I also find it interesting that the Hamilton alternate is in the ensemble, rather than just making the standby also serve as the alternate, and have the 2nd cover be in the ensemble. "

Whoops! Thank you for the correction. 38 people total.

There are 3 universal swings: Antuan Rimone, Eliza Ohman and Willie Smith. That still leaves you with 9 swings and 5 standbys, which is still

Hamilton cast size  Aug 8 2017, 04:36:19 PM

I was looking at Hamilton's IBDB page and I was shocked at the size of the current cast.

The show has 21 tracks (so 21 performers on stage), plus 12 swings and 5 standbys (19 performers offstage). A total of 40. 

I was wondering why so many swings? Do the principals call out that often? It seems a bit disproportionate...

MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Mar 8 2017, 11:19:57 AM

I agree: Scarlett Strallen would be  terrific. I saw her as Amalia in She Loves Me at the Menier Chocolate Factory on January, and she was delightful. I also find her a stronger soprano than Laura Benanti. 

It would be nice to have a young-ish Professor Higgins. I kind of hate that they always cast men who are more than twenty years older than the actresses playing Eliza.

Sally Struthers would be a better Mrs. Pearce, I think.

Mary Beth Peil would be

Casting of My Fair Lady at Lyric Opera Chicago  Mar 8 2017, 11:17:46 AM

DELETE.

Site-specific stagings  Jan 6 2017, 09:13:54 PM

I would love to see some of your ideas fully realized!

Someone also mentioned the possibility of "Follies" staged in an actually abandoned theatre.

Site-specific stagings  Jan 5 2017, 11:04:59 AM

Following the example of the upcoming production of Sweeney Todd, which is set in a pie shop (even if said pie shop is being recreated for its NY run), can you think of any musicals that could also be staged in venues other than a standard theatre?

In the case of Sweeney, I think that the size of the cast and the chamber quality of the piece really make it work. 

Kiss of the Spider Woman with Audra?  Jan 14 2015, 10:31:36 PM
I would totally love to see Karen Olivo in this. I think she'd be a terrific Aurora.
Jackie Hoffman in Once Upon A Mattress!  Jan 7 2015, 12:29:33 PM
Jackie is going to be WONDERFUL. But I can't stop thinking that Rachel Bay Jones would be an amazing Winifred too!
if/then cast changes  Aug 24 2014, 11:44:34 AM
The producers might try to convince Idina to stay until they recoup.
Cabaret Tomorrow Night  Aug 22 2014, 10:54:18 PM
I believe Gayle Rankin is on vacation.
All Black Kiss Me Kate  Aug 21 2014, 12:29:53 PM
I'd love to see Audra McDonald as Kate/Lilli Vanessi!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You