News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nyctechie08

nyctechie08 Profile Photo
Member Name: nyctechie08
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
 Feb 16 2015, 01:01:59 PM
Whew!! Made it just in time! I was at the 7pm show on 2/14. I was out of town and didn't know about JCM's injury before the performance and was surprised when he came out on stage. However, I got over it very fast. Actually, this performance was much more endearing and intimate! It made Hedwig even more vulnerable and made me like JCM even more...The audience was very supportive. I really like Lena's and JCM's chemistry. You can tell they are very fond of each other. The only place I missed the
 Jan 22 2015, 10:31:36 AM
LOL!! Great review Haterobics! Thanks! Can't wait!

Jan 21 2015, 10:36:24 PM
Thanks Serpentstoooth2!! I have been waiting for a review! I am so glad he's still fabulous and beautiful!
 Jan 21 2015, 04:31:14 PM
Yup! I had to change by tickets from 2/21 to 2/14 and had no problem with the box-office. They told me they honor refunds/exchanges for tickets with insurance (and they may honor exchanges without insurance at their discretion).
 Jan 21 2015, 11:03:57 AM
Yay! The time is here. Please report back! I can't wait to read the reviews :). I am not going until 2/14. So psyched!
Hedwig - Seating question
 Dec 4 2014, 04:46:57 PM
I bought my ticket on Broadway.com because I couldn't find the seats I wanted 2 weeks ago on Telecharge... I am in Row D front Mezzanine aisle for JCM's 2/21 performance.
Adam Lambert in Wicked
 Dec 2 2014, 12:23:50 PM
"^He has significantly more box office clout than either John Cameron Mitchell or Andrew Rannells."

BTD - More than Andrew Rannells - yes. More than John Cameron Mitchell - NO.

However, I would definitely go see him as Hedwig. His vocals are top-notch and the part would fit his personality.

John Cameron Mitchell to Join HEDWIG on Broadway for 8 Weeks!
 Nov 21 2014, 10:34:49 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooo
I leave NYC on January 19th. This is like my worst nightmare.

Unless you're out of the country, do a weekend trip to New York during his 8 week run. I sure would!

Nov 21 2014, 10:10:37 AM
Yup! Since it is his music!
 Nov 20 2014, 08:00:26 PM
Just got my ticket Woo Hoo! Going in February. My friends think I'm OCD for seeing this show so many times, but I can't miss JCM! I paid $146.90 for row D Mezzanine 7pm show at boxoffice.broadway.com. I had to pay extra fees, but Telecharge didn't have those seats yet (my preferred location :)

Nov 20 2014, 05:02:50 PM
Yay!!!!! I am ordering my tickets today! HA! LOVED JCM in the movie!! Can't wait to see him reprise the role. I enjoyed NPH and MCH, but JCM IS Hedwig! So glad to hear this
!

Mezzanine for Hedwig at the Belasco?
 Nov 19 2014, 11:34:36 AM
I agree with upthread comments. Most of the Mezzanine seats are great (even better than some Orchestra seats). I was in the Mezzanine (F,1) last Saturday and had an excellent view.
Mezzanine for Hedwig at the Belasco?
 Nov 19 2014, 11:29:04 AM
I agree with upthread comments. Most of the Mezzanine seats are great (even better than some Orchestra seats). I was in 3rd row Mezzanine (F,1) last Saturday and had an excellent view.
Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
 Nov 18 2014, 12:11:20 PM
HA! Thanks for the heads-up. Yup! Disney trinkets/souvenirs are always overpriced at their events/theme parks. I will do the same as you - bring an Elsa light up toy with me and buy 1 cotton candy at the show like we always do. That's more than enough. I just hope the kids behind us aren't kicking the back of our seats like they did at the last Disney on Ice show
Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
 Nov 18 2014, 11:33:41 AM
I agree with Brian also! I am taking my daughter to see Frozen on Ice this weekend at the Prudential Center because SHE loves it. I think it is pretty good, but not great as per The Lion King or even Aladdin, Little Mermaid or Tangled... This goes for the story as well as the music. The Frozen hype is really over the top.
Anyone see Michael C Hall in Hedwig yet?
 Nov 17 2014, 10:24:09 AM
I saw the Saturday night 8pm show. MCH was great! The audience was very responsive and I enjoyed it a lot.

The differences between NPH and MCH:
NPH - more fluid movements. MCH still seemed more cautious with his movements and the mike cord, but at least he didn't trip or anything!

Also, NPH is much slimmer than MCH who is more muscular than I expected. MCH looked like a muscular man in drag vs a convincing transgender. For some that may be a negative. However, I enjoyed the muscles VERY much Thank You .

NPH/MCH vocals and acting are comparable IMO. and I enjoyed both renditions of Hedwig (NPH bitchy vs MCH sentimental (even though MCH's Hedwig was more bitchy towards Yitzhak!)).

Lena Hall - Miss Awesome like usual!

It was so funny because at the end of the performance they made an announcement about donating to Broadway Cares and we a got to see the actors speak to the audience out of character. MCH was cracking jokes and Lena dropped her stage voice and spoke in her real "Cyndi Lauper accent". Too funny!

I look forward to seeing it again if they cast Adam Lambert or JCM changes his mind.

Oct 19 2014, 11:46:37 PM
JPeterman - I would definitely get seats further back. I was in the 3rd row center for NPH's final Hedwig performance and it was very uncomfortable for my neck because I was looking up. Also, you cannot enjoy the props for certain performances ex. Origin of Love and Wig in a Box because you're too close to the stage to take it all in...I chose a seat further back in front Mezzanine for MCH's performance for that reason. I enjoyed the show much more from that distance and angle during my first NP
 Oct 17 2014, 11:33:12 AM
Sutton Ross - HA!! Better after the show instead of 54+ $$ during the show. I will pony-up for my expensive cup of wine again. I like the buzz during the show

Just bought my tkt for the 11/15 8pm performance. Can't wait!

Oct 16 2014, 11:11:04 PM
Thanks so much for the reviews!! I will definitely go see it now!
 Oct 16 2014, 12:08:11 PM
Thanks Blockhead24 and electrode10 - Sounds/Looks Good so far!

steven22 et al - Please report back! I am waiting for the initial reviews before I purchase my ticket!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You