#2Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/12/14 at 9:34pm

boring.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#3Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/12/14 at 11:22pm

Now was the Beauty & the Beast theme park show anything like what we'd seen on Broadway?

JohnyBroadway
#4Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/12/14 at 11:29pm

The production at Dworld wasn't, but the one at Dland was. It was even staged by the same director and choreographer.

broadwayfreak2 Profile Photo
broadwayfreak2
#5Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/13/14 at 12:33am

I'm waiting for Finding Nemo: The Musical to go to Broadway.

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#6Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/13/14 at 2:38am

Maybe you had to be there.

ShakinBaconGirl Profile Photo
ShakinBaconGirl
#7Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/13/14 at 7:09am

Oh I love it! everything about is just MAGICAL! But how will they fit the huge castle on stage?

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#8Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/13/14 at 7:54am

Interesting. The girl who was playing Elsa had great movements with her arms, though.

brldisteach2
#9Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/13/14 at 8:00am

Totally agree with "Finding Nemo." I love the theme park version, and again it's the Lopezes so the music is great. I think they could expand it to make it a Broadway show.

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#10Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/13/14 at 9:21am

Always good to see Sutton Foster and Jane Krakowski working.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."

Brian07663NJ
#11Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/17/14 at 1:45pm

I attended Disney's Frozen on Ice at the Barclay Center this past weekend. My four year old daughter loved it as did all the other young children under 12.

The entire Barclay Center was filled to capacity for the 1:00pm show. Curious if the evening performances were as crowded.

If I thought I was frustrated over the adult behavior at Broadway performances then I was sadly mistaken by the rudeness of those at the Barclay Center. For 30 minutes patrons were still slowly filing into their seats. Just when you hoped they were settled into the seats at least 2 or 3 had to jump up to go on a quest for food to return and disrupt everyone again as they were filing into their seats. Everyone seemed to find their place as intermission started.

I've seen the movie Frozen at least once and now this production on ice. I still do not get the hype over this. I am aware it is one of the hottest Disney properties at the moment. I still do not love the songs or story. I was disappointed with what they did with the show. I didn't see any wow, omg, that was amazing. It had the feel of Disney characters skating on ice for story time.

Starship
#12Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/17/14 at 3:07pm

^ I agree with Brian. One or two of the songs are catchy, and it's a great movie to put on the Disney movie catalogue, but it definitely doesn't come close to a large number of Disney films, including the more recent Princess and the Frog and Tangled. I feel like the only person who has never looked at the show and said "Wow, this would be great on Broadway!!"

nyctechie08
#13Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/18/14 at 11:33am

I agree with Brian also! I am taking my daughter to see Frozen on Ice this weekend at the Prudential Center because SHE loves it. I think it is pretty good, but not great as per The Lion King or even Aladdin, Little Mermaid or Tangled... This goes for the story as well as the music. The Frozen hype is really over the top.

Brian07663NJ
#14Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/18/14 at 11:44am

nyctechie...be warned...bring your heavy duty wallet.

a small ball of shaved ice in an Anna/Elsa souvenir cup is $12 and the large ball of shaved ice in an Olaf souvenir cup is $16 At first she wanted the Olaf one until she saw the Anna/Elsa cup held by other little girls. She took 3 bites of the ice and didn't want anymore.

Since this wasn't my first time to a Disney event/park I was prepared. I happened to find at A.C.Moore a snowflake necklace that lights up for $1 I brought it in my pocket and gave it to her once we were in the seat. My daughter was thrilled with it! So at least I avoided the spinning, flashing light toys. She got a Sofia the First spinning light toy at the previous Disney event last season.

nyctechie08
#15Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/18/14 at 12:11pm

HA! Thanks for the heads-up. Yup! Disney trinkets/souvenirs are always overpriced at their events/theme parks. I will do the same as you - bring an Elsa light up toy with me and buy 1 cotton candy at the show like we always do. That's more than enough. I just hope the kids behind us aren't kicking the back of our seats like they did at the last Disney on Ice show Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage

missthemountains Profile Photo
missthemountains
#16Possible Glimpse of Frozen on Stage
Posted: 11/19/14 at 1:05am

I used to perform with the girl playing Elsa. She is incredible.