News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayhoney

broadwayhoney Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwayhoney
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: GYPSY Opening Night Party Pics (Wow)
 Mar 28 2008, 06:06:19 PM
Jaystarr and Antiandrewx, thanks for the kind words about Katie Micha. As you can imagine, it's hard to come in at the last minute, especially when it's because someone has been hurt.
re: GYPSY Opening Night Party Pics (Wow)
 Mar 28 2008, 05:41:01 PM
Yes as some of you have already noted. Sami Gayle has been out with an injury and Katie Micha is playing Baby June. Katie is the understudy for both Baby June and Baby Louise. Hopefully they'll get the credits right on those photo's soon....also maybe put one or two of her at the opening night party. The ones of her are posted on other websites....so we'll see.
re: Follies question
 Dec 30 2007, 03:43:20 PM
I've done the show twice in regional theatre. I usually don't try to give my interpretations of shows to anyone because I truly believe that every story is interpreted differently by the observer and that's what makes it personal for each of us. So I'm just offering this as a reflection. It was actually fun to think about it a bit and figure out what I think is the subtext for Buddy. The way I see it, the problem with Buddy and Sally's marriage is that Sally is "not there." She's always thought
re: Producers to LOCK OUT the Grinch
 Nov 19 2007, 07:08:55 PM
Just to add to the hearsay.....rumors......endless posts trying to figure this out stuff. Here is another view:

1. Local 1 is striking the League of theatre owners not the producers or the shows. If they were striking the show, it wouldn't make sense.

2. Local 1 did not intend to strike the St. James because they had a special contract with The Grinch Pruducers. However, the head of IATSE demanded that they strike the St. James because Jujamcyn is part of the league. The Grinch

re: Gypsy Robe Winners for YF and Grinch?
 Nov 12 2007, 05:24:12 PM
Bill Ryall got it for "Grinch"
re: Local 1's statement -- are they serious?
 Nov 12 2007, 05:03:51 PM
And where is that? Because none of the teachers in my family are making money like that.....and they range from new in teaching to retired.....elementary.....middle and high school, located in New York and Pennsylvania.
It's a rediculous world we live in when baseball players and movie stars make millions of dollars a year and the people who are the foundation of society....teachers....police officers....firemen.....nurses can barely get by.
How many of us know people in those professi

re: Billy Elliot Broadway Update
 Aug 20 2007, 02:58:35 PM
If they're casting American boys as Billy Elliot I don't think you're going to have a problem understanding their "northern" British accent because I doubt they'll have one!
re: Midsummer in Central Park
 Aug 20 2007, 02:51:44 PM
Ths was one of the most boring productions of Midsummer I have ever seen. I could have read it and had more fun! I have read it and had more fun!!! I also agree that the children either were under rehearsed or no attention was paid to them figuring that they looked adorable so they would be fine. Puck was boring, Bottom was boring, Everyone except perhaps Plimpton was boring. Also, with all of the talented actresses out there how is that they can't even find a Hermia and Helena who are actually
re: The Grinch Musical
 Aug 8 2007, 06:42:19 PM
The writing is pretty much taken directly from the source. The only thing added is music! So the story is the same. In fact that's where I think "adults" make their mistake. They want the story to be changed to suit their grown up world (the one full of cynicism, backbiting, dog eat dog everyday stuff), instead of taking a moment to bring up the innocence that is hidden somewhere inside and enjoying with the eyes and heart of a child!
 Aug 8 2007, 05:26:02 PM
Apparently there is still just two casts of kids. Even with 15 performances a week that's less than 8 shows a week for each cast of kids. And most weeks it's 12, which makes it 6 per cast. From what I've heard they also cut down the number of kids in the cast, but added two swings so that each cast has a girl and boy swing. Last year they had one girl and one boy swing who covered both casts.
 Aug 8 2007, 12:31:28 PM
According to the article they've added two numbers so probably it'll be closer to the 90 minutes they advertise! Patrick Page was in the agreement meetings with Equity this year so it certainly looks as though he's coming back. Caitlin Hopkins was too. John Cullum says he's not and I believe he's got something else coming up, can't remember what though.
 Aug 8 2007, 11:56:07 AM
It's a Broadway show just like any other. It costs as much to produce as any other, so why not charge the same prices as any other Broadway show? And although we keep saying it's a "kid" show, the story is timeless and ageless, so it's not just for kids. I know many Dr. Seuss fans who chronologically are no longer children but they've managed to stay "young at heart." Good for them! Parents and Grandparents will be reading Dr. Seuss stories to the children in their lives for many years to come
re: Understudies
 Aug 7 2007, 05:36:26 PM
Katie Micha as Cindy Lou in "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". An 11 year old going on with 1/2 hour notice! Great job!
re: GYPSY 2003 Revival Love Thread
 Jul 24 2007, 10:11:40 AM
I have to agree. Though I am a very big fan of Patti Lupone and I think she does a great job in the City Center Production (her voice is amazing), Bernadette Peters was a force of nature in the 2003 production. She became Rose, she wasn't Peters appearing as Rose! I also agree that the strippers were hysterical in the 2003 production and that the City Center strippers, except for Gansky who has made Electra her own, are conventional and boring! Boyd Gaines is a great Herbie and Benanti is the be
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You