News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jetcap

Member Name: jetcap
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Going to Shows Alone?  Oct 29 2014, 03:18:20 PM
What I've done on more than one occasion back when TKTS was the only source of discount tickets was split up and see different shows and meet up afterwards for drinks if we couldn't agrre what to see. We'd each be buzzing about our own show and converastion was more engaging than simply, "Yeah, I liked that part too." One time we were about 6 and 4-5 different shows. Haven't seen anything alone on forever but have an afternoon to kill in Toronto soon and hoping for a lottery win at Book of Mormo
Curious Incident rush price raised  Oct 8 2014, 11:13:19 AM
It's a shame about the increase, but I sat in the most forward box for previews and thought they were truly awesome for this play. Your view of the near back corner is cut off a bit, but with so much of the action happening on the stage floor, you really get a bird's eye view of everything. I was unaware of $27 tix for previews, perhaps they didn't exist or were sold out that day. Ticket agent tried to stress we were getting obstructed views tickets and he would recommend rear mez for $57. We to
ON THE TOWN Doesn't Want You To Have To Wait 2 Hours To Eat  Oct 8 2014, 08:30:31 AM
I really don't have a problem with this; I had a problem with that you're able to take food back to your seats and some of the foods they sell. If these two things are givens, then what makes the difference if they are sold in the lobby or at your seat?
You've got 1500 people in 15 minutes exiting their seats, lining up at 3 or so sale points and going back to their seats.
I would rather have the patron next to me get his tandori chicken delivered and eaten right away than have him climb

Last Ship: Free Tickets?  Oct 6 2014, 04:32:47 PM
Max Bialystock: Leo, you're fired, I got Bill helping me out now...
Last Ship: Free Tickets?  Oct 6 2014, 02:03:34 PM
I believe it is a cash lottery in which the winner gets 10% of the box office receipts for that day; only catch is you are forced to buy a ticket for that day's performance. Now if you excuse me, I have to sit down and rest from all this scrolling.
STING: Knocked 'em out at The Last Ship  Oct 3 2014, 01:08:43 PM
Sting Rant:
While I respect everybody's taste and to each his own, I can't imagine anything short of a burlap sack over my head and my ankles bound with barbed-wire to get me to this show, which with the size of Sting's ego, I'm surprised isn't opening at MSG.
We all have our likes and dislikes in the music world, but Sting is into his 5th decade of annoying me. Saw a pretty decent Police show off the 1st album in Toronto in '79 but by the time they toured on the 2nd album later that ye

ON THE TOWN previews  Oct 3 2014, 08:56:46 AM
QUESTION: POSSIBLE SPOILER?!

In the preview I attended Hilde in attempt to keep her job as a taxi driver gave her boss a spread-eagle, Brittney Spears type look of her goods.
Coming so early in play, I thought, 'Wow, this is not my Grand-dads On the Town'. I'm certainly not offended but it did seem out of place and stole some innocence of what is a charming production.
I just wondered if this is the way that scene is played out everytime?

Overall, I really enjoyed the

ON THE TOWN previews  Oct 2 2014, 02:51:12 PM
"The NYC Marathon is one month from today. I've got my tickets for the matinee performance the day before. More than 50 thousand runners and their friends and families from all over the world will be here to see all they can of New York in just one day! I can almost guarantee this will be the show they flock to."

--So we're expecting a run on tickets?

Does ON THE TOWN. Have an In-Person Lottery or Just the Mobile One?  Oct 1 2014, 03:00:50 PM
I did it I think the 2nd or so day it started for a matinee performance and ready to retire undefeated, 1 for 1. Box-office is given a list of winning names and I paid them cash.
Does ON THE TOWN. Have an In-Person Lottery or Just the Mobile One?  Oct 1 2014, 11:33:03 AM
I believe (not 100%) that when I won they asked whether I wanted 1 or 2. They called me at about 10:10am just as I was pulling into a parking lot where I probably would have lost reception.
Does ON THE TOWN. Have an In-Person Lottery or Just the Mobile One?  Oct 1 2014, 10:48:38 AM
I believe lottery is only on TodayTix although other discounts can be had on that site and others. For example TodayTix is offering tickets for tonight for $55 in dress circle...that's $83 off, plus there are lots of discount codes you can use to make it even cheaper. I won the lottery last week and got an amazing seat, about 12 rows back dead centre. Amazing deal and great show.
MTC's Friedman Theatre- The Whitest Stage on Broadway  Oct 1 2014, 08:36:21 AM
Saw a production here and was flanked on either side by white folk, asked the usher to move me to an aisle seat so I would feel less shame.
shows with lottos and loser seats  Oct 1 2014, 08:13:35 AM
Kinky Boots accomodated everyone last Saturday for early show if that's any help. Rough guess they had about 40 people there and everybody was able to buy tix at $37.
Why do people leave?  Sep 30 2014, 01:04:28 PM
So you leave a show early to go meet the cast to tell them what a wonderful show you just saw that you just left early so you could meet them? It gets curiouser and curiouser...
Biggest insult I've seen as far as people leaving was when Leonard Cohen played his hometown of Montreal a couple years ago. As soon as he performed Hallelujah towards the end (but definitely not the end) of the show, people started streaming out...at least 20-30% of them. I was convinced the other team had scored a

Lady Day rush?  Sep 29 2014, 10:25:27 AM
I was in NYC and tried 2 seperate Saturday's and was not available, they usually put out a sign the night before stating they won't be available. Spoke to box office lady and she said she doubted there would be any for the rest of the run, and that only way for cheap tickets was thru TKTS that was offering them at 20% discount and sometimes 30% during the week.
Why do people leave?  Sep 29 2014, 10:19:45 AM
I think for me it is admitting that I'm wrong...and I hate admitting I'm wrong. I don't get to see a lot of shows on Broadway (although I was blessed seeing 4 this past week), but every one I put an effort in choosing what I think is the right show for me. To have that decsion be SO wrong that it ends up in having me walking out, that would be a huge jump for me and a huge miscalculation. And if it is a real stinker, I'd rather gather ammunition as to why it is so bad so I can warn others.
Why do people leave?  Sep 29 2014, 09:07:38 AM
I'm sure the reasons are numerous, but I'm always shocked when I see people walk out of a play. I attended Curious Incident Friday and was in the front box with a pair of single ticket holders. One left halfway thru the 1st act and the other at intermission. I presume they had Rush tickets like myself so while they didn't spend a fortune, they did have to make an effort to make it to the theatre that same day and come back 10 hours later. So if you've invested the time, you've come alone, why no
First show seen on broadway?  Sep 17 2014, 11:49:40 AM
I remember the first play I DIDN'T see a lot more than the first I did see. It was 1979 and a group of us 17-18 year-olds went down by bus with the intent of seeing the sites, drinking, rock&roll, and whatever trouble we could find. One of our group proclaimed he was going to see a play and the rest of us actually thought that was a grand waste of time and more something our grand-parents might do.
Why waste a valuable 2 hours in the dark watching people talk instead of being out there expl

TKTS Lately?  Sep 17 2014, 10:01:04 AM
I have the APP all fired and ready to go. I'm in NYC area for a week starting this weekend, Sat. I plan to rush Pippin, Wed. I'll use Today Tix tomorrow for YouCan't Take it With You. (If you have a discount code feel free to send it my way). And Saturday, would like to see Lady Day, but is full price right now on Today, Rush tickets don't seem to be offered per last 2 rush reports, and TKTS only offering 20% discount according to a check yesterday.
TKTS Lately?  Sep 17 2014, 09:02:18 AM
What is the general consensus of TKTS these days and how do they compete with other ticket discounters on a day-to-day basis. I remember way back when before any of this inter-webby stuff and/or Rush tix that standing in line in Times Square was part of any trip to NYC. Last time there I rushed show and got a good discount in advance on another and was 1st time I had bypassed the TKTS on a visit. Just wonder how people feel about them vs. other ticket options that might be out there. How are the
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You