News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatrefan9660

Member Name: theatrefan9660
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Shows That Were More Successful Out of Town
 Nov 10 2015, 09:05:19 PM

As I mentioned initially, Amazing Grace was well-received in Chicago, but was definitely not as well-received on Broadway. Personally, I felt as though the subject matter and title alone were enough to keep it from being successful but again that's my personal opinion.

Nov 10 2015, 08:45:01 PM

I definitely agree that Big Fish deserved better. The strength of the music alone was enough to keep it running. You're right in saying that it was not a well known film so it wasn't a big deal when it was adapted for the stage. Those who were not aware of the film would see the title alone and have no idea what it was about.

Nov 10 2015, 08:34:27 PM

The latest revival of Les Mis was very well received in Toronto, but received mostly mixed reviews when it opened on Broadway, if I recall correctly. I believe most of those less than stellar reviews focused primarily on the strength of the cast, but I believe I am mistaken on this one?

Nov 10 2015, 08:28:53 PM

Big Fish was another show that failed to transition well after its run in Chicago if I recall correctly? Is it possible that a lot of shows make adjustments that are unnecessary before transferring to Broadway? Or is it more plausible to assume that the adjustments they make on productions are not enough?

Nov 10 2015, 08:10:21 PM

I'm not exactly sure, but I think it was better received at Papermill. Many people did have high expectations for Honeymoon in Vegas before it opened on Broadway though.

Nov 10 2015, 08:00:20 PM

As the title suggests, which shows were considered to be more successful (better received by critics, made more money) in other cities/continents (e.g. Amazing Grace in Chicago, Dr. Zhivago in Australia) than they did on Broadway/in New York?

Pro Athletes on Broadway
 Oct 28 2015, 07:21:15 PM

Hmm, I did google it but I didn't see that article. Must've missed it. Thanks!

Pro Athletes on Broadway
 Oct 28 2015, 05:57:09 PM

Which professional athletes have made Broadway debuts or performed in shows otherwise? It was said the other day that former pro football player Eddie George will make his Broadway debut in 'Chicago'. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/former-nfl-star-eddie-george-make-broadway-debut-chicago-n452251

During a run in Toronto, figure skater Elvis Stojko played Billy Flynn in Chicago.

Making Your Own Window Cards
 May 7 2015, 12:35:39 AM

I told him about the one on Triton and for him it would be $45 for the poster and then $16 for the shipping. He thinks that $61 in total is too expensive. Maybe I should just tell him to order the movie version of the poster instead? If he's that insistent on having one?

May 7 2015, 12:25:54 AM

@Fantod

Like me, he's looking for a window card from once. I told him that they were discontinued and that's when he got the idea just to make his own...and that's how we got here.

Edit: Apparently he's looking for a lot of others as well but he's only told me of the one. I guess he wanted to know if it would work for one before trying others?

May 7 2015, 12:21:40 AM

It would definitely be cool. For some reason the poster he was looking for was prematurely discontinued so it has been absolutely impossible to find. Realistically how bad do you think the overall quality would be?

May 7 2015, 12:14:01 AM

He did try ebay, but he could not find the one he was looking for. The only ones they had were signed and cost 100+ dollars.

May 6 2015, 11:14:42 PM

What do you think the odds of him getting caught doing it are? Realistically?

May 6 2015, 11:03:58 PM

That's exactly what I told him but he said the same thing-that nobody is going to see it but him and he doesn't plan on doing anything with it besides having it in a personal collection. But the fact of the matter is that it is still illegal no matter what his plans for it are.

May 6 2015, 10:55:15 PM

Hello,

I was chatting with a friend recently and we were discussing window cards that have been hard to find. I told him about Triton gallery and he said that the prices were too high for his taste (Personally I find them quite reasonable and the quality is amazing). Anyway, he said that he wanted to try making his own by taking an image of the poster online and making one in one of those custom poster websites because he found it to be way cheaper. I told him that this was illegal

Once Window Card
 Apr 6 2015, 08:34:51 PM

Sorry to bump this up, but I was wondering if anyone on the boards was selling an unsigned window card from this show? I've been searching online for days, and have only been able to find the ones they offer on Triton gallery. I've found a few that were signed but I'd prefer one unsigned. If anyone has one that they are willing to part with send me a message!

Thanks

Once Window Card
 Apr 4 2015, 12:15:50 AM

Hello all,

I don't know if this was covered on the boards before, but I was wondering if anyone knew why window cards from the show once are harder to find than most shows? I know Triton has them but other than that I haven't been able to find one. Have they been harder to find since the show closed or were they always harder to find?

Thanks!

favourite show
 Oct 28 2014, 09:02:36 PM
Memphis actually is one of my favorite shows though...

Cleaning out Playbill Collection
 Oct 28 2014, 03:24:16 PM
Sent you a PM
Earl Carpenter (Les Mis on Sat night)
 Aug 27 2014, 01:06:45 AM
@Revolutionary I've been trying to find the way to describe it but hard as I try I just can't put my finger on it. The best way to describe it I guess would be to say he really makes some excellent character choices when it comes to Javert. His actions and expressions show how really desperate and obsessed he is with re-arresting Valjean. He shows no emotion other than anger except in the scene where he commits suicide but even then he still doesn't show any signs of having been defeated. I wish
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You