News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mr. Musical

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Member Name: Mr. Musical
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HADESTOWN SEATING?  Apr 17 2019, 09:45:51 AM

TorontoBroadwayFan said: "suicidalmickeymouse said: "Just sharing the discount code SONGBIRD in case anyone here needs it :)"

also thanks for this code. It still works. The code play1 no longer does.

"

How do you use the code on Ticketmaster? The offer box doesn't seem to show up.

EDIT: Figured it out - was trying performances the code wasn't valid for.

First Listen OOTI New Cast Recording  Feb 21 2018, 09:46:53 AM

EW has a first listen of the new cast recording of Once on this Island, however it doesn't seem to be working for me. It's a shame, because I'm extremely excited for this one.

First Listen

NYCC Grand Hotel  Feb 15 2018, 09:53:58 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Uranowitz (despite being a wonderful performer) is way too young for this?

Hadestown to receive a live cast album  Aug 1 2017, 03:55:33 PM

Just pre-ordered. Have been waiting for this!

Mandy Patinkin to join THE GREAT COMET as Pierre for 3 week run!  Jul 28 2017, 01:05:58 PM

JPeterman said: "Whenever Mandy Patinkin found out about how the Kagans got rid of Oak to make room for him to be in the show, the honorable thing for him to do would have been to immediately bow out and let Oak finish his run.  This has been embarrassing for Oak, but it is even more embarrassing for Mandy Patinkin,  It makes him look like an entiltled, spoiled brat - perhaps at no fault of his own. If I were him, I would have called Kagan and told him to honor his com

Hugh Panaro to Succeed Norm Lewis in Sweeney Todd!  Jul 26 2017, 09:08:13 AM

newintown said: "I would imagine they'll have to transpose much of the score; I don't think he has those low notes.

"

Sweeney isn't a role/show that people transpose - I have to assume he had the notes or wouldn't have been cast. Sure, there might be a few options to bring notes here or there higher but they won't transpose songs into fully new keys.

ASSASSINS coming to Encores Off-Center  Jul 17 2017, 08:48:41 AM

YoungSally said: "I was at the matinee, too.  It seemed like someone missed a cue in Another National Anthem...did you think the same thing?

"

They definitely missed a cue - having done a production of this show previously, that number is very difficult and getting off by even half a beat can totally mess it up. There's no wiggle room. They saved themselves pretty well I thought though.

Secret Garden Revival?  May 1 2017, 01:20:37 PM

I know the production is going to TUTS next season, so I guess it couldn't come to Broadway until next spring at earliest. 

Link

Hal Prince's Candide at NYC Opera  Jan 8 2017, 02:57:17 PM

Has anyone seen it yet? How is it?

Hamilton: The Mixtape (Remixes, Covers & Others)  Nov 3 2016, 11:32:05 PM

Pianolin717 said: "Listening to Kelly Clarkson's "It's Quiet Uptown" right now... in tears. BEAUTIFUL. absolutely beautiful."

Where is it available to preorder? It's not on iTunes yet

WAR PAINT - Pre-Broadway Thread  Oct 8 2016, 04:35:07 PM

broadwayboy223 said: "Does that mean she will be singing it on the great white way or that she can't sing it because she's not doing it on Broadway?

"

It doesn't mean either. It just means they still plan to come to Broadway and don't want the song sung in other venues until that happens

Hello Dolly... no Bette on Tuesdays!  Sep 17 2016, 10:34:05 AM

Finally got 4 seats in Mezz Row C for a Saturday in May

Hello Dolly... no Bette on Tuesdays!  Sep 17 2016, 10:18:45 AM

Anshel2 said: "Stage Door Sally said: "Seconds when it went live NO tickets available for Saturday night 4/29, 5/6, 5/13. On hold on the phone...

Added more dates keep getting message: No open ticketing sessions to purchase this event.

"

I had no issue with getting tickets right at 10am.  I did get for 5/6 8pm show.  Curious that Stage Door Sally wasn't able to get for that night or showed no tickets

Hello Dolly... no Bette on Tuesdays!  Sep 17 2016, 10:07:02 AM

I am getting "There are currently no open ticketing sessions to purchase this event. Please try again in a few minutes. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience."

Paramour Cast Recording  Aug 28 2016, 09:31:02 AM

TrChSpHa said: "Because it was never in the show.

"

Oh that's weird. Having not seen the show, I would have assumed that song was one of the big numbers

Paramour Cast Recording  Aug 28 2016, 09:14:02 AM

I find it very odd that the song they've performed in every promo (the title song) isn't on the cd

Tony Yazbeck Composer?  Aug 21 2016, 01:40:42 PM

That's David Yazbeck

Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!  Aug 4 2016, 05:08:34 PM

I, nor anyone else for that matter, said it HAD to be directed by a woman. Just that it would be nice if it was. A man could do a wonderful job on the show I'm sure, but I would personally enjoy seeing a what a woman would bring to the production.

Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!  Aug 4 2016, 04:13:42 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Which woman would you like? When the project was originally announced, Diane Paulus was my first choice to direct. However, considering the responses both Finding Neverland and Waitress received, she so far hasn't proven to be as successful with new musicals as she has with revivals.

"

I think Taymor would be great. Kristin Hanggi could also be a fun option, although less "high-profile.&qu

Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!  Aug 4 2016, 03:12:51 PM

As great as Nicholaw and some of the other people mentioned are, and as much as I LOVE Timbers, can we get a woman to replace him? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You