News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sunny11

Member Name: Sunny11
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cats Movie So Bad, ALW Gets a Dog  Oct 8 2021, 04:44:13 PM

My favourite part of the story..

He applied to an airline to be allowed a support dog for emotional distress, they asked for proof that he needed one and he said “ Just see what Hollywood did to my  musical CATS”. They replied with “ no doctors report required “.

74th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall  Sep 26 2021, 03:54:28 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Keeping my fingers crossed for Aaron Tveit. This could be his year finally."

I am almost sure he will win but can you imagine if doesn’t get the 60% vote? That would be beyond embarrassing! Would they just skip the award entirely and just hope nobody remembers or would a presenter make a quick statement that there was a  nullified vote ?

Cameron Mackintosh transphobic comments  Aug 30 2021, 12:17:56 PM
Link to the original telegraph interview.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/07/transgender-twist-classic-shows-gimmick-casting-says-top-producer/

Note that it could be behind a paywall if your free articles limit has expired.

And I think that if in the future he sees that a transgender casting would make the story better creatively then mr might. I think that what he is saying now is that he doesn’t want it to seem forced, if it came organically in the pre production process then his mind might be changed.

He might just have an image in his head of a butch 6 foot tall Mary Poppins with stubble and doesn’t have much experience of a “passing” MtF trans person.

Cameron Mackintosh transphobic comments  Aug 29 2021, 09:59:56 AM

Yes, but in the original animated film Rafiki is male. Casting  a women for the stage adaptation was a non traditional casting choice.

Cameron Mackintosh transphobic comments  Aug 29 2021, 09:16:28 AM

Gender bent casting isn’t novel. A women was cast as the male rafiki in the lion king over 20 years ago, for example.

More representation of Female to Male transgenders might help quell current day anti trans sentiments though. Public discourse revolves about feminist arguments of men harming or stealing opportunities from women if transwomen have access to women’s bathrooms or sports etc. ( note this isn’t my opinion just my observation).

Casting a cis- women to sing c

NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors  Aug 5 2021, 04:02:34 PM

It’s about having the funding for sufficient mitigation measures.

private schools already had  small classes so the kids individual desks could be spaced 2 meters ( or whatever ) apart from each other easily in one class. Poor public schools can have 30+ kids in a class so that would have been impossible without tripling the number of teachers.

Governments gaslit people to think it was either “ reopen schools” without the needed changes or 100% o

NYC Makes Proof Of Vaccination Mandatory For Basically Everything Indoors  Aug 4 2021, 04:56:54 PM

Has anyone here had employers who offered paid time off to get vaccinated ? That’s one possible factor hurting the poor. If your local vaccination center is only open Monday to Friday 9-5 which is while you are at work how are you going to get vaccinated?  What if you are working 60 hour weeks, then even centres with out of hour service is inaccessible to you. Also some people can’t drive or can afford a car and may live in an area with poor public transport.

Rachel Zegler Cast as Snow White in Disney's Live-Action Film  Jun 24 2021, 04:13:54 PM

Well colourism is a thing in some ethnic minority communities.

you could head canon that this “ Snow White” has lighter skin than the evil stepmother so she gave her that nickname as part of her jealousy. 

Andrew Lloyd Webber Threatens to Defy UK Government to Reopen Theatres at Full Capacity  Jun 10 2021, 02:59:37 AM

What was the method used that reached the conclusion that the events where not spreader events though? Was every customer tested biweekly for a month afterwards?

Many cases are asymptomatic so people may not have realised that they had it. At my hospital every staff member is aggressively   tested and  young 20/30 something colleagues in particular  regularly test positive by surprise.

I have noticed a lot of government and business gaslighting by p

Broadway reopening  May 4 2021, 07:53:48 AM

How do  schools with zero budget perform former Broadway shows every year?

My elementary school performed Joseph and the amazing technicolour dream coat in the mid 90s. It took a lot of dish cloths on heads, a hard working  piano player and many hours in the art classroom painting sets but it happened and we killed it.

Broadway reopening  May 4 2021, 06:50:26 AM

Yes, and I say “ Just get on with it. The show must go on!”

Broadway reopening  May 4 2021, 06:07:49 AM

This reluctance of Broadway to come up with a business model to include social distancing is frustrating.  Schools, colleges, airlines, hospitals, retail, everywhere have been able to figure it out. It’s  not rocket science.

Vaccine Passports  May 1 2021, 09:18:27 AM

If people have the option to provide evidence of a negative test instead of a vaccine then they could purchase a ticket provisionally. Have a waiting list system where someone who has a negative test could take the tickets from a holder who gets a positive test. 

No more MISS SAIGON...  Apr 25 2021, 01:36:33 PM

I would like to see an Asian creative team get a hold of it. For the same reason I would like to see Disney remake Sound of the South with an African - American team. Let’s see if these problematic projects could be repaired by a deft  touch  by talented people who have the cultural backgrounds to know what s wrong or missing from the original incarnations.

Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?  Apr 6 2021, 02:17:02 PM
To be honest I think that politics drives decisions more than business.

Why would ron desantis ban Covid passports in Florida if he cared about its huge cruse ship industry? That’s a death knell for them.

Armie Hammer officially exits "The Minutes"  Apr 5 2021, 03:19:07 PM
I am speechless. Armie ate my tongue.
Should a “Covid passport “ be required to see a Broadway show?  Apr 5 2021, 03:01:40 PM

As a healthcare worker I had to show proof of having had the TB, Measles and Hepatitis C jabs before being allowed to work. For over 6 months I have had to take biweekly lateral flow tests. I received both doses of the pifzer vaccine through work before 2021 began. All that makes sense to me because patients need to be protected.

I honestly do not understand all the whining and complaining about the possibility of government introducing methods for businesss to obtain proof tha

Very interesting NY Times article on how Australia is handling the reopening of theatres  Mar 7 2021, 04:21:34 PM
Another factor could be amount of indoor gatherings. I live in the uk and for most of the year it’s too cold to spend much time outside, for most people I know social life involves the pub or restaurants, coffee shops, nightclubs or other peoples homes, indoor activities. During the summer and brief heat waves we might go to the beach or park, but that doesn’t happen often enough. I have never actually been to Australia, so correct me if I am wrong but from what I have seen they seem to have
Very interesting NY Times article on how Australia is handling the reopening of theatres  Mar 2 2021, 06:27:38 PM

Trump had the power last March to ban all international and domestic flights and to close state borders and the northern and southern borders for say 6 months. That would have made the country an isolated bubble. The citizens could have continued their lives reasonably normal within their local area. The virus would have burned itself off drastically before fall.

NBC will present THE GRINCH musical this December starring Morrison  Dec 10 2020, 03:14:06 PM

Some of those criticisms where unnecessarily personal towards Matthew Morrison. They just used his role on Glee to attack him. That show ended almost 6 years ago.

One countered their own argument the very next sentence saying that he didn’t make his own interpretation and then going on to describe his interpretation , like Elvis. Also there was the critic that that he was between over the top ( Carrey) and understated Cumberbatch)” which means ... normal!

Also the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You