News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for finebydesign

finebydesign Profile Photo
Member Name: finebydesign
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spiderman Preview Thread! [May 12th and counting]  Jan 3 2019, 05:44:14 PM

Song of Spiderman is a really great read btw, it goes into great detail about the  show.  THAT should be a musical. 

MEH-ry Poppins  Jan 2 2019, 02:43:19 PM

>The moral of the story is to never use your money to feed the birds 

I was very confused by this.  I thought the original was about charity and it turns out it was wiser not to give that old woman anything. 

I thought the songs were just fine but they were really just in service of the snorefest  plot that feels more like  a ****ty remake.  What gives? 

I wish the rap was the only unforgivable thing in this film but it wasn&

Charlotte Rae has passed away  Aug 6 2018, 10:20:22 AM

Love her in Worst Witch

Is Katharine McPhee Elphaba in the  Aug 6 2018, 10:17:47 AM

"I can assure you when the leads of the film of Wicked are announced, it won’t be in the form of the stars issuing a tweet."

Seriously? Do you know anything about social media marketing? If someone like Dwayne Johnson or Ariana Grande gets cast studios want them to have the scoop.  I don't think McFee has enough of a fanbase but A-listers are part of the marketing campaigns.  I'm not saying it moves the needle, but studios sure do. &

SNL Les Mis parody  Apr 16 2018, 11:21:19 AM

>>Mulaney tweeted that he wrote this when he worked on SNL 8-10 years ago and it never made it past the writer's room.  Same with the Switcheroo skit

Well that explains why I thought it was so amateurish.  It really felt like a skit for highschool.  All the jokes were so obvious and just unfunny.

Duncan Sheik/Sara B: Alice in Wonderland  Mar 9 2018, 04:03:08 PM

This is almost as boring as the chatter on here about Peterpan.  These properties need to go away for a really long long long long long long time.  

FROZEN Previews  Mar 5 2018, 05:43:27 PM

The orchestrations were lovely.  The mix gets a little wonky at times but they are in previews.  It sounds big and beautiful.  There are some points where there is too much of a modern sound but I guess that's a choice.  That What Do you Know About Love stands out like a sore thumb. 

Did  Mar 5 2018, 04:04:33 PM

awe shucks,

Paper Mill Announces 2018/2019 Season  Mar 5 2018, 01:49:33 PM

kinda bummed actually

Ariana Grande Wicked?  Mar 5 2018, 01:43:09 PM

My money is on her in the film part. Has Arianna been laying low lately?

Did  Mar 5 2018, 01:41:15 PM

I forgot about Evermore, that was my favorite.  I think Coco should have won Best Picture as it is an incredible film.

I thought Remember Me kinda trite the first time I heard it... but then I realized what they were doing.  This song does some damn HEAVY LIFTING.

-This is a diegetic song, meaning the characters are aware of it.  So it has to be real in that world and it is. 

-It is a period song.  The lyrics are simple but it has to sound l

FROZEN Previews  Mar 5 2018, 01:14:50 PM

Saw it on Friday.  Hopefully this is spoiler free, just some general notes.  This show is defintely going to be a hit, I think with some tightening it could run for a really long time.  Most of the problems are book and these throwaway new songs.  

-Elsa isn't really in the show at all. She doesn't earn any of her new songs.  I think everyone knows she is misunderstood going in. I think she needs to do something else bad (worse than the accidental freez

Fox 2000/Zadan & Meron producing Hans Christian Andersen movie musical w/ Ansel Elgort  Feb 28 2018, 02:59:40 PM

Isn't this "My Fairytale"?  Odd Schwartz would go in with a score and no book.  

If Spongebob had done well.  Feb 28 2018, 09:57:11 AM

I think Spongebob has a much bigger life regionally and will be a HIT!  The entire time I was thinking this show is very much like Seussical (with crappy lyrics).  It would also work really well on cruiseships.  As someone mentioned Spongebob IS Nickelodeon.  I don't think their catalog has that much worth mining.  This show has legs though and what source material for schools and colleges to go crazy with.   It is MORE relevant than Seussical. &nbs

Spongebob and the Right to be Upset (Rant)  Feb 6 2018, 09:50:12 AM

It's been a awhile since I saw show a at the Palace, but as I mentioned I'd bet money it was the ones upstairs.  Most people working at the theatre are not interested in watching the show over and over again.  The ushers have to stand guard at the back of the house to look for cellphones and people fainting or whatever.  I actually expected Spongebob to have a louder sound but it is oddly a tasteful mix.  I've seen shows in the Palace that blasted out any noise

Spongebob and the Right to be Upset (Rant)  Feb 5 2018, 06:52:14 PM

To the OP, I was there the other night in rear orchestra seats and heard the chatter back there. Twice I turned around to try and shoot some daggers their way. It was def the ushers and their police security guest. I'm not sure who was chatting but it was the right side (not the Judy Garland entrance). It was def not merchandise or bar. Those people are usually back there btw. Anyway I worked at the Palace before years ago so I know the lay of the land. It was def ushers.  I'd be

A Christmas Story goes LIVE...  Dec 18 2017, 10:53:50 AM

Unnecessary.... I'd never though I'd say this but it made realize how very good the original film is even though I'm not sure I could watch it again.  The songs were terrible and trite.  Can't blame the cast for this.

Pinnochio is the next Disney musical!  Dec 4 2017, 01:24:45 PM

Pinnochio is the next Disney musical!  Dec 4 2017, 01:23:19 PM

Pictures are out!

Pinnochio is the next Disney musical!  Dec 1 2017, 12:33:12 PM

Sounding awesome!!!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You