News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rymes_With_Witch

Rymes_With_Witch Profile Photo
Member Name: Rymes_With_Witch
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilarious Comments...
 Sep 5 2008, 02:33:51 PM
This was a few years ago...in Florida for one of the RENT tours, my friends and I were doing the rush line, camped out in front of the theater...mind you, this was a group of high schoolers eating chips and playing scrabble or whatever....a couple of people buying tickets to the show came up to us and said "Are you all in the show?" We said yes.
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Sep 5 2008, 10:12:49 AM
The girl in the last "The Wiz" clip is really good...but I was distracted by my issues with the other girl in the clip wearing Crocs.
re: Christy Carlson Romano in........ Ave. Q. WHAT!!
 Sep 5 2008, 09:49:14 AM
Dang...why's she always stealing my parts? First B&B, now this?! I should've pushed my mom harder to whore me out to Disney as a kid...

Sep 4 2008, 10:35:04 AM
Y'know, I was fine with the Wedding Singer clip til their Robbie started singing...
re: BWW TV: 'RENT' Flips For BroadwayWorld
 Sep 4 2008, 10:28:11 AM
I am quite excited by the fact that Shaun Earl is featured so much in this video...He is hilarious and adorable. He was one of the first Angels I saw on tour, almost 10 years ago, and is fantastic. He needs to get some kind of gypsy recognition for this show(if he hasn't already), he's been with the show (in all different companies) forever! Renee was also pretty funny in the video...I didn't even realize that she's in the show now.
re: 9 TO 5 theatermania video
 Sep 3 2008, 12:31:54 PM
I love me some Stephanie. And actually, everyone attached to this show. Gonna have to see it.
 Sep 3 2008, 12:21:35 PM
bwaylvsong: That "Last Midnight" clip made me want to cry...I'm going to give them a *little* slack because they are apparently a Technical high school, but...Seriously. Painful.
 Sep 2 2008, 02:57:21 PM
Do you think any of those kids have seen Hairspray and were thinking "Gawd I am so embarrassed/offended to be doing this"? Because that's what I'd be thinking.

Edit: Can anyone figure out exactly what the "new" lyrics are? Its hard to understand.

Sep 2 2008, 12:04:05 PM
I just stumbled across this one...it's actually a college, and the performers are fine, but it is the most BIZARRE interpretation I've ever seen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qdozRaEQqU

...Kabuki "Into the Woods"?!?! wtf?!

re: The Best HS Musical Theatre Performances on Youtube
 Sep 2 2008, 11:06:29 AM
Oh man...I wish my college could have done this show...alas, we only had 3 black guys (and no girls, strangely) in the department the whole time I was there They were great, and great set too!

Edit: Talking about Ragtime, of course

Sep 2 2008, 10:52:04 AM
taboo123: Look, if I had YouTube videos of my OWN high school musicals, I'd probably post the link. There were a handful of talented kids in my school, but for the most part, the cast and the direction were always GAWDAWFUL. Its just a little cathartic to look at this and laugh at the memory of my own bad high school productions.
 Sep 2 2008, 10:26:27 AM
Man, its hard to even get through this...lol...the Marius in the Les Miz clip...I see a bad Jack in "Into the Woods" in his future...
 Sep 2 2008, 10:21:29 AM
Blaxx: Did it look like those Wicked ensemble kids were doing the "Charlie Brown" to you too?
Hilarious Comments...
 Aug 29 2008, 04:54:29 PM
When I saw "Kiss Me Kate" back on 2001, there was a woman sitting in her seat in the theater, eating potato salad. POTATO SALAD. WHY?
re: Kristin Chenoweth on Funny or Die
 Aug 27 2008, 10:02:38 AM
LOL...She reminded me a bit of Amy Pohler in this...
re: Haley Joel Osment joins American Buffalo
 Aug 27 2008, 09:42:01 AM
I think he's a good actor...but I'm honestly more interested in John Leguizamo.
re: Patti Picture
 Aug 26 2008, 03:30:13 PM
Weez: "Well... it ain't pretty."

I kind of love that this will probably forever be a joke on this board now.

And on a related note, she actually said something quite similar on her blog : "As they say, "Broadway ain't for sissies." So, if any of you reading this are considering a career on the Broadway stage, it is not glamorous and personal fame is rarely achieved. What it is, is eight shows a week."

I think I'm gonna go cry now....

re: Another Kristen to play Glinda on Film?
 Aug 22 2008, 11:42:26 AM
Trap-door Lover: "Can someone explain what those Passion clips are exactly? I've never heard of the show or watched it. But they are eerily like Wicked."

It was a hilarious homage to Wicked they did in a "flashback" sequence to explain the back story of one of the characters who is a witch on the soap. The girl playing the "Glinda" character was in Wicked, and the other is also a Broadway actress. My best friend was obsessed with Passions and showed it to me...and it never gets old.

re: Scariest moments in a show...
 Aug 22 2008, 11:34:46 AM
"The Pillowman" was so freakin' creepy...I squirmed all the way through both times I saw it...and probably screamed the first time in one of the really scary parts. It's my favorite play pretty much ever.
re: Another Kristen to play Glinda on Film?
 Aug 21 2008, 05:53:23 PM
adamgreer: "I think it's inevitable that Fiyero in the film version will be Zac Efron. Mark my words."

That thought definitely crossed my mind *cringe*...I still think of him as [gay] jail-bait...but I didn't hate him in Hairspray...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You