News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for elimeyer

elimeyer Profile Photo
Member Name: elimeyer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.thekingofbroadway.com
Blog Address: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=501810667

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fiddler on the Roof is BACK: November 2015
 Oct 28 2014, 11:26:17 PM
And the campaign to get Elli on Broadway begins! Danny Burstein as 'Tevye'... and Elli as his understudy and Lazar Wolf!
New TDF Website
 Jun 26 2014, 05:59:20 PM
I can't get in...
Video of Andy Kelso Singing Boots
 Aug 29 2013, 06:03:26 PM
I was also there last night and Andy was amazing. Comfortable as if he'd always been there doing that role.
How long till Soul Doctor Closes?
 Aug 16 2013, 05:22:40 PM
Dear averagebwaynut, I am anything but naive when it comes to being a Shomer Shabbos Actor (SAG-AFTRA/AEA Card holder here) living in a non Shomer Shabbos world. The challenges are great and sometimes difficult to understand.

Friday night is indeed THE night for Entertainment for Americans and yes, sadly there are Jews among those who go out. I still think that this could be pulled off. I do realize that mounting a show on Broadway is a multimillion dollar undertaking these days and ye

Aug 16 2013, 04:24:37 PM
True and sad that Jewish performers do not all observe Shabbos. What a wonderful world it would be if everyone always did what they could be doing.

The point I was making is that the Rabbis wouldn't allow the 'sale of the show' that I spoke about IF it would cause another Jew to NOT keep Shabbos. The onus would be on the shows owners to make sure that doesn't happen. Of course this refers to owners that are Observant and the responsibility they bear.

One day, it will happen. T

Aug 16 2013, 03:22:42 PM
Actually it COULD have been done, Double show Sunday and Wed and LATE show Sat night after Shabbos ends would give you an 8 show week. NONE of the previous incarnations of the show played on Shabbos or Holidays, and the plan WAS to do the same for the Broadway run. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it couldn't be done.

As for the comment about eating pork to save your life in a life and death situation isn't at all like opening a show on Broadway. That being said, getting th

SOUL DOCTOR Reviews
 Aug 16 2013, 01:41:08 PM

Aug 16 2013, 01:38:57 PM
Since the producers and the director are Observant Jews, this would have been a great opportunity. If it opened on a Sunday you'd have a full week before taking Shabbos off.

Aug 16 2013, 12:48:09 PM
While that was the original intent, to be the first Broadway show to not to perform on Shabbos & Yom Tov, the powers that be have somehow justified letting it go on like any other show. Not sure how they pulled that off. What a wasted opportunity. History and precedent could have been made.
Has anyone seen BUYER & CELLAR?
 Apr 28 2013, 10:11:54 PM
I was there for that performance as well. Really enjoyed it! John Benjamin Hickey was also there!
Ricky Martin- The King of Broadway??
 Dec 17 2012, 02:40:49 PM
Obviously, Ricky has NOTHING on me!
How Is Scandalous Still Running?
 Nov 29 2012, 11:13:01 AM
Really? Sister Act did QUITE well as did Godspell
Looking for a Broadway song about Judaism
 Nov 26 2012, 12:35:53 PM
Perhaps if I knew what you plan to use it for, the context, it might be easier to make a suggestion.
Access10 tickets for The People in the Picture now available...
 Feb 4 2011, 01:53:44 PM
I got 2 tix for Sunday nite! Very excited!
1 Women on the Verge ticket for Sun Jan 2 matinee for sale
 Dec 30 2010, 01:08:54 PM
Do you still have the ticket?
please contact me at elli@thekingofbroadway.com
thanks

Redgrave & Jones Open DRIVING MISS DAISY at John Golden Theatre on Broadway
 Jun 29 2010, 04:34:06 PM
WHAT? Mr. Uhry, excuse me - are you NUTS? Anti Israel Vanessa Redgrave (http://ht.ly/24V5j) to be on B'way as Miss Daisy? http://ht.ly/24V4S
re: Big Phantom Love Never Dies announcement, original Phantom to close?
 Oct 8 2009, 01:57:28 PM
Did anyone notice that the opening waltz has strands from "Woman In White"? Tell me you heard it too????
re: Marissa Perry, Donnell James Forman, And Lauren Elder Among MGC Product
 Apr 14 2009, 01:13:02 AM
People, chill out.
There is nothing wrong with promoting something for a good cause. I am sure you all delete these type of emails without even reading them.
What comes to mind is that you HAVE to click and open a message board thread.
If the subject doesn't interest you, simply pass it by!
No reason to put more hate in the world!

re: Photo Flash: BLITHE SPIRIT at the Shubert Theatre
 Mar 14 2009, 11:21:32 PM
Kudos to Robert J. Saferstein for the amazing Photos!
He is truly an artist!

re: Alan Menken and Tim Rice's KING DAVID!
 Mar 5 2009, 12:25:36 AM
Just saw this at the Skirball last year, it's an amazing show!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You