News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for henrybutler

henrybutler Profile Photo
Member Name: henrybutler
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: FREE Ticket to 'RUINED' Tomorrow 7/14 7pm  Jul 14 2009, 01:31:54 AM
Oops - didn't mean to reply
re: Ashanti to Star in NY City Center Encores! THE WIZ  May 19 2009, 11:23:19 PM
It doesn't sound good.... did anyone else watch this?

http://www.broadway.com/Broadway-com-VIDEO-ON-DEMAND-On-The-Scene/broadway_information_html/5015927

hmmm..... it starts off ok.

re: Rosie in the Bye Bye Birdie revival?  Feb 14 2009, 06:10:32 PM
I've also heard that gina gershon was offered the role...
re: Ave. Q Tour?  Jan 11 2009, 11:52:01 PM
saw it in nashville in october - it was good, there were minor changes from the broadway production (a few line cuts/orchestration changes here and there) but everything was broadway-calibre. definitely worth seeing.
re: Quick Light in the Piazza Question  Jan 8 2009, 07:07:44 PM
I read that the producers and creative team decided that Celia Keenan Bolger seemed too young for the part, and it was very important for Clara to appear older but have mannerisms and characteristics which gave away younger stages of development. Celia, who looked young in the part, seemed like a younger character and made the contrast confusing. And Kelli (who has a more mature look, and had been part of the cast out of town) was asked to audition for the part of Clara.

I'd love to hea

re: Favorite Set Designs  Dec 30 2008, 06:21:30 PM

Little Women on broadway, Derek McLane.

re: Favorite Set Designs  Dec 30 2008, 06:09:13 PM

is another photo of west side story from the bregenz festiva, i think this one is a cooler full-picture, you can see how the dress-shop set rolls in on the track from (stage) left.

re: Incredibly Stupid 'HONK' Question  Dec 7 2008, 07:04:31 PM
I have that version of the recording too, and the booklet lists Ugly as being played by Arthur W. Marks.

re: What musical comes to mind when you hear this?  Dec 7 2008, 12:34:35 AM
I TOTALLY heard surrender, i thought no one else was gonna say it!
re: sheet music for 'The Deli' from 'NEWYORKERS'?  Nov 15 2008, 03:54:43 PM
bumpy bump
sheet music for "The Deli" from "NEWYORKERS"?  Nov 14 2008, 09:36:11 PM
Anyone have this or know where I can find it online? It's called "The Deli" from "NEWYORKERS" by Glenn Slater and Stephen Weiner, I need the sheet music for it for a performance coming up soon.
Thanks!

re: Best Recording of 'HONK!'  Oct 20 2008, 10:55:32 PM
I agree, i have the witchita recording (american premiere?) and it's not very interesting at all. I suppose it's better than nothing, and I haven't heard the British recording, but I've seen it for sale on line, and it has to be better than this one. The american recording is just bland, and weak in terms of vocal power (all around) and orchestrations.
re: Grease YTOTIW Cast: Where are they now?  Jun 10 2008, 07:05:05 PM
Allie Schulz was in the Gallery Players' production of Andrew Lippa's "The Wild Party" in Brooklyn not too long ago.
re: Is Passing Strange losing money??  Jun 6 2008, 06:58:20 PM
people always talk about how xanadu has such small grosses, sometimes the smallest of all shows on broadway - that's so annoying!! Xanadu plays in the smallest theatre on broadway - wouldn't it make sense that, by selling fewer tickets for a house with a smaller seating capacity, they would be making less money? and wouldnt a show will such a small cast like xanadu also have relatively low operating/running costs?
re: So, Shrek's opening, huh?  Jun 2 2008, 12:55:44 AM
i thought so too, but then i thought it was because shrek tickets went on sale yesterday?
re: 'sunday' or 'curtains' dilemma  May 31 2008, 01:01:05 PM
though i would have loved to see "sunday,"
I went with CURTAINS. and i dont regret it. :)

my seats are row q in the mezz, on the aisle, seats 1 and 3

it's a possibility that sunday will extend while i'm there in july, right?

re: 'sunday' or 'curtains' dilemma  May 30 2008, 12:40:41 PM
would these be the closing performances of both shows?
pls delete (DONE - thank you! )  May 30 2008, 12:26:58 PM

edited: I got the farther away seats to CURTAINS. very excited! disappointed that i won't get to see this revival of SUNDAY, but you can't have it all...thanks.

i'm thinking of getting tix to the sunday, june 29th matinee performance of EITHER "Sunday" or "curtains" but i can't decide which. I'm leaning towards "curtains" because i feel like this is my once chance to see it, where i've seen a production of sunday before
and there's a possibility it will ex

re: Xanadu Questions (I have two)  Apr 21 2008, 10:49:02 PM
kerry and everyone (except jackie) came out after the saturday matinee i saw a couple months ago!
re: 2008-2009 Broadway Season at TPAC (TN Performing Arts Center) line-up  Apr 1 2008, 10:46:56 PM
YES to ave q. What production of "Wizard of Oz" is this?? I haven't heard of a touring production of it happening right now. Pajama game - meh. Jersey boys YES, happy days meh, and Legally blonde YES. Pretty good lineup, TPAC!

ew the specials SUCCCCCCK

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You