Ave. Q Tour?

Pianolin717 Profile Photo
Pianolin717
#1Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:12pm

So, How is it? worth seeing? It's coming at the end of the month, and most likely I will see it, unless its dreadfully awful

Also, the George Bush lyric change, that WILL be in the tour as well, right?

timote316
#2re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:14pm

Hm, I don't know if the show is worth seeing if a single lyric, consisting of two words, isn't changed. I'd wait to find out, personally.

henrybutler
#2re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/11/09 at 11:52pm

saw it in nashville in october - it was good, there were minor changes from the broadway production (a few line cuts/orchestration changes here and there) but everything was broadway-calibre. definitely worth seeing.

people on broadwayworld.com can be rude and scary

Manny2
#3re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/12/09 at 12:37am

I saw it all the way back in May.

Though the cast has changed (from what I know) it was def. worth seeing. Very good performances and a talented cast.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#4re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/12/09 at 1:12am

I saw it last month and thoroughly enjoyed it! I'd never seen the show before, but was aware that there we're some changes I knew from the cast recording and other info, but I agree that the cast is of B'way caliber, most of them came from the Chicago cast.
Isn't this the 1st national tour, that's usually always a good sign of a good show.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

friedrichVT
#5re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/12/09 at 8:17am

The minor changes from the cast recording have been implemented in the broadway production and the national tour. Both shows, from a musical and script perspective, are identical.

jessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
#6re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/12/09 at 8:20am

I saw it way back in June (? or was it May?) in Chicago. HILARIOUS! I was crying I laughed so hard. I knew the OBCR backwards and forwards but had never seen the show and it was even better than I thought it would be. All the cast members were fantastic, I highly recommend it. I was actually thinking of making a trip to its nearest stop to Chitown sometime soon for a 2nd helping :)

"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#7re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/12/09 at 10:10am

I would definitely recommend seeing it. Have a great time!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

DidYouReallyHearMe
#8re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/12/09 at 11:59am

Anika Larsen as Kate Monster is definitely worth seeing. I enjoyed her performance very, very much. Just saw her perform on Dec. 2nd.

Pianolin717
#9re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/12/09 at 12:03pm

how is Christmas Eve?

jejr
#10re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 1/12/09 at 12:31pm

I've seen the touring cast 5 times - Buffalo and Toronto. It is excellent, On December 7 I saw the Broadway cast and except for Carey Anderson (fantastic) it was not nearly as good as the tour. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the tour Updated On: 7/10/09 at 12:31 PM

Pianolin717
#11re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 2/2/09 at 1:05am

So, I went on Saturday and it was REALLY good!
When I bought a program, the woman and I chatted for a few and she said she has seen the Broadway several times and since she's been with the tour, she said it's the best cast to date in her opinion and I thought it was really really good!
There were two downsides:
1) the space was WAY to large for Ave Q.... it echoed a lot, but it was still manageable
2) they used "your mother in law" during For Now.. out of the four, they had to use the worst one when I went lol
oh well, it was still enjoyable!
But, does anyone know if/when they will settle on a single phrase/word for "For Now"?

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#12re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 2/2/09 at 5:52am

I'm smacking myself for missing the tour in Boston. I probably won't get a chance to see this in NYC (at least anytime soon). Sucks that money is tight.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

dg22894
#13re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 2/2/09 at 7:12am

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardid=1&boardname=bway&thread=984506#3718323

That is my review. There has been some changes. I saw it before the inauguration so no George Bush change.

Have Fun

broadwayjim42
#14re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 2/2/09 at 7:37am

Saw it last weekend in Upstate New York and it was excellent. A little low on energy in points, but the cast was excellent and I loved the Christmas Eve here. "Recession" was the "For Now" word of the day.

More importantly, of the seven of us who went, four had no idea what they were in for and they all loved it.

Pianolin717
#15re: Ave. Q Tour?
Posted: 2/2/09 at 10:32am

Yeah, there were a lot of people that had no idea what it was about when I went and I am glad! I kinda knew what was going to happen, but not everything, but the people that knew nothing had a great time!!! although, the people to my right knew everything about it and it was so annoying because they would laugh at things that weren't funny and they talked the whole time about what would happen next, but it was still tons of fun!!

Videos