News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mc1227

mc1227 Profile Photo
Member Name: mc1227
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FOSSE/VERDON  May 17 2019, 12:23:22 AM

I think I’ve lost interest in this because I’ve come to the realization that I don’t like either of them.  I love their talent and have enjoyed many collaborations but what awful people and parents they were.  The sex scene in the hospital bed was enough for me to bail.  

Hillary and Clinton previews  Apr 14 2019, 09:38:58 PM

n2nbaby said: "What is the deal with the current Playbill? I’ve seen one that is only John and another that is only Laurie. They can’t possibly have two Playbills, can they?"

I went to today’s show and my Playbill has Laurie on it and my dates had John. I would have like them both on the cover though.

Hillary and Clinton previews  Apr 14 2019, 09:36:34 PM

&henrikegerman said: "Right on, Sally Durant Plummer.

And you rightly think at least some of us with more ambiguous feelings feeling about Hillary, and what’s more also about Bill, might find in this play a probing yet tender challenge to our entrenched assumptions, particularly about Hillary and who she is.

I did. I found the play provocative, cathartic and even eye opening. It got me reconsidering a great many things. It by no means sanitizesHillary

KISS ME, KATE (2019 Roundabout Revival) - Previews  Mar 3 2019, 08:26:24 PM

I saw this today and thought it was a terrific production.  The cast,ensemble , orchestra were second to none.  Very polished, wonderful choreography by Carlyle, and all cast members were at the top of their game.

Too Darn Hot was indeed a show stopper to open the second act.  It easily brought the biggest applause of the night.  The biggest surprise to me was Will Chase’s voice.  I’ve seen him in a couple of shows but he never sounded this goo

Sunset boulevard movie 2020  Jan 10 2019, 12:36:32 AM

Lot666 said: "Justin D said: "My biggest concern is the cutting of songs that always seems to happen with these movies to make them a better movie 'length' and some of the music from Sunset I love the most is the incidental music, so I am dreading what songs will be cut and what sung dialogue will be converted to just plain speaking.

Do you all think they will shoot it in black & 

i hope this is shot in B&W.  I th

Celebrity Biography and Illusionists Marquee  Nov 28 2018, 08:36:29 PM

strongestsuit12 said: "I saw Celebrity Autobiography on Monday nightand the marquee and signage was all The Illusionists. Does make sense as Celebrity Autobiography only has 3 shows."

How was the show?  I had seen it several years ago at the Triad but curious as to how it played in a large theatre.  I wanted to go but the weather was so bad.  

re: Who Have You Seen Naked on Stage?  Nov 24 2018, 07:24:29 PM

Jonny Orsini in the Nance.  

THE WAVERLY GALLERY Reviews  Nov 24 2018, 07:13:08 PM

I saw this play.today and was interested in comparing my notes with that of the critics as I deliberately avoided reading them until I saw the play.

without question, this play belongs to Elaine May.  She is so good that my biggest disappointment was that she did not take an appropriae individual bow so I could cheer my head off.   

Lonergan is a favorite writer of mine although he loves unnecessary dialogue at times.  I felt the second act was a tad lon

The new TDF site  Oct 21 2018, 06:43:59 PM

I have also had a couple of mishaps recently dealing with the number of tickets.  Both times it would not allow the purchase of 1 ticket, it defaulted to 2.  Perhaps this is a new policy but I didn’t see that indicated on their site.  Hopefully, it is not and is just a glitch.  

Thoughts on Jimmy Kimmel Fraudway sketch?  Oct 17 2018, 06:25:57 PM

I liked it just as I liked the one they did about the Producers a couple of years ago.  The Producers one was clever and timely.  This one was just for fun, I don’t think it was a commentary on the quality of shows....or was it?  ??

Riedel on Neil Simon and The Goodbye Girl  Aug 31 2018, 12:28:37 PM
I never saw the GG musical but I get the impression that as Simon got older he was less open to collaboration.

On another note, I feel bad that his death seems to be a big deal in the Broadway circles and totally downplayed on the national scene. I suppose it has to do with McCain and Franklins funerals but I feel he has been under appreciated. He was one of a kind and I don’t believe we will see his like again.

Matthew Broderick In  Jul 6 2018, 06:54:12 AM

South Fl Marc said: "Why the hate? Because he doesn't act. He gives the same, exact performance every single role. He is a personality, not an actor."

To avoid being so  disappointed perhaps you shouldn’t go to see him for “every single role” he plays?

Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt  Jul 5 2018, 11:00:44 PM

Seems as if he’s been getting good reviews in his last few plays, this one included but haven’t seen any mention of those on this board.   Not sure of why the hate for him, but I have enjoyed him on stage for several productions.  His sexual orientation is not a concern of mine, but he’s long been a friend to the gay community, long before it was fashionable to do so.  For that alone, he has my admiration.  

Williamstown Theater  Jun 29 2018, 11:43:16 AM

Thanks Larry, that certainly provides great information that I wasn’t aware of.  I agree that it’s always good to have a place to try out new material, I just wasn’t sure since it is summer and I suppose I’m just used to community playhouses for summer stock productions when I travel.  Seems that Williamstown may be unique in using summer for development?  

Williamstown Theater  Jun 29 2018, 09:10:21 AM

I know there is a summer theatre festival there but my question is in regards to developmental theatre.  Do they use this venue as a developmental vehicle for plays that might be considered for off-broadway or Broadway?  Is that the same as summer stock or regional theatre? I know this particular venue attracts some great talent every summer but didn’t really understand why that is?  Sorry if it’s a dumb question.  I’ve been to resort areas that have summ

Tdf ticket  Jun 15 2018, 05:00:04 PM

I purchased a single TDF ticket for tonight for Hello Dolly.  I can’t attend and was wondering what happens to the unclaimed ticket.  I know I don’t get a refund but does the box office resell the ticket if you don’t claim it?

Robert De Niro.  Jun 11 2018, 09:42:07 PM

Broadway Joe said: "I thought it was just silly because all it did was steal headlines away from the actual awards and he said absolutely nothing new or intellectual. He said exactly what most people in that room already have said before in other ways and this was like preaching to the choir since pretty much everyone there and watching on TV agrees already anyway and it's stuff Deniro has said already too."

Spot on.  Rants like that are viewed as liberal pr

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 10:38:00 PM

Holy Sh*t!  WTG OOTI!!

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 10:23:21 PM

Josh Groban is the James Franco of awards shows.  Please just sing, Josh.  

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 09:20:34 PM

End the show now because you just can’t top that.  God bless those young people.  How special! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You