pixeltracker

Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"

Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#1Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"
Posted: 7/4/18 at 4:29pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Review-Roundup-Matthew-Broderick-Stars-in-THE-CLOSET-at-Williamstown-Theatre-Festival-20180703

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#2Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"
Posted: 7/4/18 at 5:34pm

He’s been in the closet for years, doll.

Alessio2
#3Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"
Posted: 7/4/18 at 7:02pm

TotallyEffed said: "He’s been in the closet for years, doll."

LOL I have also heard this for years though it is an unfounded rumor I suppose

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#4Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"
Posted: 7/5/18 at 12:10am

I must admit that I found the name of the play very ironic on so many levels. 

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Dollypop
#5Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/5/18 at 7:58pm

No comment

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/5/18 at 9:07pm

His life is his life.

What about the play? Has anyone seen it?

Just give the world Love.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#7Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/5/18 at 10:43pm

Exactly - his life, is just that - his life.  It's no ones business but his.  Not sure why anyone would think otherwise.  Someone's sexual orientation tells you nothing about that person.

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#8Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/5/18 at 11:00pm

Seems as if he’s been getting good reviews in his last few plays, this one included but haven’t seen any mention of those on this board.   Not sure of why the hate for him, but I have enjoyed him on stage for several productions.  His sexual orientation is not a concern of mine, but he’s long been a friend to the gay community, long before it was fashionable to do so.  For that alone, he has my admiration.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#9Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/6/18 at 12:12am

Why the hate? Because he doesn't act. He gives the same, exact performance every single role. He is a personality, not an actor.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#10Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/6/18 at 12:20am

For the record, I was just making a sassy joke. For all I know, he and his wife are very happily married.

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#11Matthew Broderick In
Posted: 7/6/18 at 6:54am

South Fl Marc said: "Why the hate? Because he doesn't act. He gives the same, exact performance every single role. He is a personality, not an actor."

To avoid being so  disappointed perhaps you shouldn’t go to see him for “every single role” he plays?

The only review of a show that matters is your own.
Updated On: 7/6/18 at 06:54 AM

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#12Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/6/18 at 7:08am

TotallyEffed-that's what I am about all things 'closet'.. In or out, doens't matter, get off the gossip train. Unless you are a celebrity [and not a Z one] you will never understand their personal situation, and nor is our right to know or speculate.

Mr Broderick has entertained millions throughout his career and if his charming act is just a 'one trick pony' then I say stick with what you know and work it.

Worry about where you stick YOUR dxck and not others---spell check was a little confused about that word.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#13Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/6/18 at 9:02am

For what it's worth, I saw that play over the weekend and really enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun and very adorable.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#14Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/6/18 at 12:04pm

South Fl Marc said: "Why the hate? Because he doesn't act. He gives the same, exact performance every single role. He is a personality, not an actor."

Bingo.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#15Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/6/18 at 2:02pm

raddersons said: "South Fl Marc said: "Why the hate? Because he doesn't act. He gives the same, exact performance every single role. He is a personality, not an actor."

Bingo.
"

Then as mentioned above, don't go see him. And for the reason given, hate is a very strong reaction. I find that hate takes up too much energy. JMO

Just give the world Love.

SempreLiberal Profile Photo
SempreLiberal
#16Matthew Broderick In "The Closet"ntnt
Posted: 7/6/18 at 2:47pm

This is the best Subject line.