News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for opium_gaze

opium_gaze Profile Photo
Member Name: opium_gaze
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Has Nobody Mentioned Margaret Cho's New Off-Broadway Show??
 Aug 2 2007, 08:10:14 PM
thank you so much for this post!! i had no idea. i am on margarets email list but never got any info on this. i am planning a trip to nyc now over the canadian thanksgiving weekend just to see this, and catch a few more shows while i am at it.
again, thank you so much for posting this info!!

re: First time in NYC - need some advice
 Aug 1 2007, 09:06:02 AM
i agree with uncageg that you should see drowsy chaperone. its just superb!! its not on your list, but i think you should definetely give that one some consideration.
since you have seen les miz i think you should skip that one, there is so much more to see.
enjoy your time in nyc!

re: Kevin Kline and Jennifer Garner for Cyrano
 Aug 1 2007, 09:02:28 AM
ahh man, i just love jennifer garner and would love to see that but i've already booked my next trip to NYC for jan 13-20. i will miss it
re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
 Jul 30 2007, 10:59:25 PM
that is going to be sooo good. i absolutely love ugly betty.
if they get all those great guest stars, plus they already have vanessa williams who is great.
i cant wait for that one!

re: Sweeney Todd Film Poster
 Jul 30 2007, 10:20:32 AM
Oh, thank you! I had not seen that yet. So excited. The cast and director are such a wonderful fit, the movie is gonna be so amazing. I can't wait!!!!
re: Worst Broadway Audience Ever?
 Jul 30 2007, 10:09:56 AM
Cruel_Sandwich - you were asking if an actor ever had to break character to tell and audience member to shut-up, i did. i totally forgot about it until i just read that.
when i saw this play called "happy" in toronto. it was at a small theatre and this mans cell phone started ringing and woudlnt stop. the play was an adult puppet play by Ronnie Burkett and well Ronnie lost it, he completely stopped the show and screamed for the person with the cell phone to turn it off and leave. No one ad

re: Worst Broadway Audience Ever?
 Jul 30 2007, 10:02:54 AM
My Worst experience ever was for Thoroughly Modern Millie. First of all i was upset Delta Burke (who i wanted to see) wasnt performing the night i went so i was a bit upset. To make matter worse, i was really enjoying the show when 15mins in 2 ladies show up and take up the two empty seats beside me. They took forever to sit down, going through there purses, taking there jackets off etc. everyone around was getting mad.
Then the women besides me falls asleep and starts snoring LOUDLY. He

re: Best performances you've seen
 Jul 30 2007, 09:50:55 AM
Ok, these are my faves from what I have seen on Broadway and Off Broadway
In no particular order…

Patti LuPone in Sweeney Todd
Bernadette Peters in Gypsy
Tammy Blanchard in Gypsy
Sutton Foster in The Drowsy Chaperone
Julie White- Little Dog Laughed (so so good!)
Dennis O'Hare – Take Me Out (loved him!)
Christine Baranski in Regrets Only
Christina Applegate in Sweet Charity
Blythe Danner in Suddenly Last Summer
Julianne Moore in The Vertical Hour <

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You