pixeltracker

UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.

UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#1UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:29am

"We're going to do a musical episode for February sweeps. We're in talks with a big Broadway director-choreographer, and we're talking to Broadway composers to write some original material. We're bringing Patti back, and we're going to try to get Kristin back. We'd love to have Bernadette Peters [as a guest star], and when Curtains ends, we want to get David Hyde Pierce on an episode. He's a good friend. We're always looking to theatre — before we start searching the Farmers Market for actors out here."

"Also upcoming "is an episode where Betty [America Ferrera] goes on a date to see Wicked, and literally stops the show. We're going to film it out here at the Pantages, doubling for the Gershwin, and show scenes from the show."

Doesnt this sound amazing! :)
I'm extremely exicited!

STAGE TO SCREENS: Robert Morse of "Mad Men," Plus "Ugly Betty" Producer Marco Pennette

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#2re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:35am

Wow, exciting much?? Although I didn't appreciate how they worded "And When Curtains ends." Surely the show won't close when Pierce leaves. More Patti, yay!

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#2re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:37am

Yes! More Patti!

I don't even watch this show, but I would definitely watch it just for this episode.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#3re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:41am

and let us not forget that Season 1 of Ugly Betty comes on DVD on August 21st. yay!

froggy2
#4re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:44am

Dude seriously ABC, what is up with the Wicked product placement? This is like the third time on Ugly Betty alone! And I know they talked about Wicked on an episode of Brothers & Sisters, too. It cracks me up.

Act0r721 Profile Photo
Act0r721
#5re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 12:52pm

Love it! I hope this show stays on for a long, long time. I hope to see Betty with her braces off, running Mode after 10 seasons. Heh.

jimnysf
#7re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 12:55pm

Dude seriously ABC, what is up with the Wicked product placement?

Well, "Wicked" is produced by NBC Universal so I'm not sure why ABC is promoting it unless they are being paid. "Passions" did a great "Wicked" spoof a few weeks ago but they are also produced by NBC Universal.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Aqualline2 Profile Photo
Aqualline2
#8re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 1:07pm

That's odd that Wicked is being shown in an ABC show if it's produced by NBC universal. I suppose it's because it's a popular show. It appeals to a wide range of people. If a date took me to Wicked I'd be thrilled.

I'm definatley going to watch the show, I don't normally watch it except for the odd times when someone I love is on like Patti or Kristin.

#9re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 8:00pm

IT always seems odd to me that ABC has let Betty get away with promoting Hairspray as well--and now Wicked and not forcing them to only mention Disney shows (though Mark did mention in one episode that his favorite musical was High School Musical which made me slightly sick in disbelief:P ) I'm so used to the ABC soaps and their constant Disney product placement

Anyway sounds good though really I could do without Kristen coming back--she was wasted. And I hope Betty doesn't become the modern Will and Grace--with almsot too many in jokes and cameos

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#10re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 8:12pm

I like the way UGLY BETTY handles the guest stars though. They do not get in the way of the story-telling or the center of the show. Salma Hayek was the only guest star that became a central character for the time she was on and that's because she's one of the producers and I'm sure it was a way to help her show take flight.
I would just love to see Bernadette Peters as Becki Newton's (Amanda) foster mother or Judith Light's old drunken sister. She was great on Ally McBeal but unfortunately was completely wasted on WILL & GRACE (a show that got out of control in terms of guest-star, by the end the writers had no idea how to put them in the show).
I hope they get some Donna Murphy in there too and since it's ABC, Deb Monk is bound to appear (having already guest-starred on GREY'S ANATOMY and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES).

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#11re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 8:24pm

Why does Ugly Betty feature Wicked?

Because it's the big, fat, colossal, monster hit show of the moment (and whole lotta other moments), that's why.

Is that so hard to figure out?

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

ray-andallthatjazz86
#12re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 8:26pm

Exactly, I think it's one of the few theater references that a wide audience would actually get and feel happy with. Plus there's the whole Betty/Elphaba parallel.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 7/30/07 at 08:26 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#13re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 8:29pm

"Plus there's the whole Betty/Elphaba parallel."

Exactly, I'm sure that will work its way into the episode.

Ugly Elphie

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#14re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 8:34pm

I can't wait for this episode!! I love all of the Broadway references! :)

shiz_student94
#15re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 9:06pm

Do we know when this episode will be? Or is this going to be in February? I'm a bit lost. I don't watch this show, but this is definitley going to be a recorded episode whenever it's on!

"Sing 'till you're breaking glass or you're breaking down"

opium_gaze
#16re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 10:59pm

that is going to be sooo good. i absolutely love ugly betty.
if they get all those great guest stars, plus they already have vanessa williams who is great.
i cant wait for that one!

Malice Profile Photo
Malice
#17re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:00pm

The one season premiere I can't wait for. What a finale it ended with. Looking forward more to seeing Betty and Henry possibly getting together versus Jim and Pam on The Office.

musicalangel12
#18re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:13pm

Wow, I can't wait for UGLY BETTY to return! I love the show so much...and now I don't have a Thursday night class so I can actually watch it on TV rather than online. I can't wait for Betty to go to Wicked (hopefully with the rather adorkable Henry) and the musical episode. I hope they can bring back both Patti and Kristin. That would be awesome!

"Movies will make you famous; Television will make you rich; But theatre will make you good."--Terrence Mann

"Pretty much...if you've seen any shows that have a jerk boyfriend in that show...I'm that guy."--Richard H. Blake

Diane: Aww, you are such a chick flick. I would totally pay $12 to see you. (Kristin Chenoweth on "Ugly Betty") http://musicalangel12.blogspot.com <-- my blog. Give it a read, please.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#19re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/30/07 at 11:15pm

I called this during the pilot episode!

I'm so excited!!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

EdmundOG
#20re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/31/07 at 12:04am

Is this the show that features a beautiful actress 'uglied up', because gods forbid they cast an ugly actress? The one that has a ludicrously flaming gay stereotype, and everybody acts like it's some bold statement? Yeah, I can't get behind that.

#21re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/31/07 at 12:34am

oh, you mean mark?
i adore mark.
he's hilarious.
especially when he dressed up in the gowns for the thanksgiving episode.
dude. there's a chance an ugly actress wouldn't have considered auditioning for the part, and with a beautiful actress that's turned ugly, she's slowly revealed to be beautiful, which technically was what she was all along.
i can't believe you don't love ugly betty.

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#22re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:05am

"Because it's the big, fat, colossal, monster hit show of the moment (and whole lotta other moments), that's why."

Don't forget redundant, too.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

ray-andallthatjazz86
#23re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/31/07 at 1:41am

Is this the show that features a beautiful actress 'uglied up', because gods forbid they cast an ugly actress?

While America Ferrara is a very pretty girl, her weight, skin color, and looks defy typical Hollywood girl prototype. For all intents and purposes, for Hollywood standards she's a fat and ugly girl (hello, Kate Winslet is fat for Hollywood standards). They do make her up for UGLY BETTY but the casting of her as Betty is ingenuous, kudos to Salma Hayek for pushing her to the network.

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#24re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/31/07 at 2:08am

On the record I think America F. is kinda plain, I've never disagreed with her in the role (not to be mean, just *MO*).

But I'm so excited for this muscial episode!!! YAY!!!!!

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#25re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.
Posted: 7/31/07 at 10:07am

We're bringing Patti back

Those other divas don't know how to act.

(...admit it. You lol'ed.)

Videos