News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BillyLawlor

BillyLawlor Profile Photo
Member Name: BillyLawlor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: West Side Story revival casting?  Aug 9 2007, 06:05:46 PM
I think they could get away with casting all unknowns and I think that would be awesome...
I like Nick Spangler as Tony, though. Saw him in Broadway in Bryant Park today, and he was great.
I'm also surprised no one has mentioned John Groff. I think he'd kick ass....

re: Bway in Bryant Park  Aug 9 2007, 05:59:18 PM
did not like julia murney at all. her voice is too legit on these songs. the vibrato is overpowering and her style is all wrong for the music in my opinion.

montego glover was incredible in "i'm here". She was really the highlight of the whole day for me. Spring Awakening was awesome as well...when are they not?

re: What show NEEDS to be revived?  Dec 17 2006, 05:58:19 PM
PIPPIN.
Photos Of Millie Tour with Matt Cavenaugh  Nov 5 2006, 05:33:06 PM
Hey all...I'm currently in rehearsal for a production of Millie as Jimmy, and I'm interested in seeing pictures of Cavenaugh in the role...I know he wore glasses in the tour and I wanted to look at images and see if that would work for my show. If anyone has pictures or a link to a site with any images, please let me know. Thanks!

--Jason

Spring Awakening Synopsis/Character Breakdown  Jun 21 2006, 05:51:44 PM
Hey everyone!

I have an audition coming up for Spring Awakening off Broadway, but I can't seem to find a synopsis or character breakdown anywhere. Can anyone help me out with this? thanks!

What time period is "Nine" set in?  Jan 4 2006, 08:54:53 PM
Does anyone know anything about the time period of 'Nine'? I'm playing Guido in a scene in class, and I'm not exactly sure when the play is set. Thanks!
re: Michael Cerveris Confirmed for SWEENEY in Sweeney Todd  Apr 27 2005, 08:33:37 PM
I'm really excited for this production. Ceveris and LuPone are great choices. I'm especially excited about Patti LuPone, though---anyone who saw her in the concert version would be. Her voice is glorious on that score, and she brings something to sarcastic and amazing to the role.

I'm incredibly pleased with the casting so far. I can't wait for this production to mount.

re: Dreamgirls In Concert-why NO Holiday?  Apr 5 2005, 05:45:16 PM
I recently bought the concert recording, and I think Headley sounds GREAT. I also love Audra Macdonald on this recording.
I agree WHite disappoints in "I'm telling you I'm not Going", but she does do a great job with her other two show stoppers.

I think we need some more of Darius de Haas on Broadway, but that's way off topic.

re: footloose  Apr 5 2005, 05:36:49 PM
I recently played Williard in Footloose and I LOVE the show; yes, the script needs a lot of editing, but it's a great show for community theater and I LOVED it when I saw it on Broadway. I thought the choreography and cast were amazing.
I really think it's the energy that makes this show. The cast on Broadway was so great; all youthful and energetic and they just made you want to dance.

re: Les Miz School Edition  Mar 22 2005, 02:41:29 PM
A lot of the "Confrontation" is cut, and in "Lovely Ladies", Fantine doesn't sell her necklace, only her hair. There's more, I just can't remember it all now.
re: Funny Girl?  Mar 22 2005, 11:00:40 AM
I actually think Janine LaManna would be great...I hadn't considered her before. You could hear her belt a bit in Seussical---particularly "All For You". I think she would be great.

Randy Graff is WAY too old, as is Linda Eder.
Julia Murney sounded INCREDIBLE on "People" when she did it for the Actor's Benefit Concert, but I don't think she has the comedic timing for the role.

And please, don't kill me....but Kristin Chenoweth was great the Benefit concert, and she has on

re: question for the tenors  Mar 17 2005, 06:44:48 PM
I'm 16---my voice hasnt gone through a rough voice change yet, but it gets gradually lower....thank god, I've been able to keep my high range---I think I might be the highest tenor in my school.

I can hit on great days a C below middle C. I usually draw the line at D, though. And I can belt an E above C above middle C.

re: Anastasia?  Mar 6 2005, 10:27:54 PM
Anya: Sutton Foster
Dimitri: Matt Cavenaugh
Queen: Angela Lansbury
Vlad: Kelsey Grammar

They could keep the great score but rework the book so its based more on fact for the stage...

re: Dreamgirls Movie Cast List - Offical Release Date 3/8/05  Mar 5 2005, 02:36:12 PM
If this is true, I'd LOVE to see Capathia Jenkins as Effie. This woman has an INCREDIBLE voice...I'd LOVE to see her sing these songs. I hope after they mount this film, there will be a Broadway revival of this show.
re: More 'Hairspray' movie news  Mar 4 2005, 12:57:26 PM
Usher is the PERFECT seaweed, in all seriousness. This kid can dance and sing his ass off, and the energy he has onstage is perfect for this role. I'd be upset if it went to anyone else.

Kelly Clarkson if she works on her acting would be a good Penny, I think..

Tracy: KATHY BRIER
Edna: Harvey Fierstein
Amber: Lindsay Lohan
Penny: Kerry Butler, in an ideal situation.
Velma: Megan Mullaly
Seaweed: Usher
MotorMouth: Queen Latifah!
Link: Justin Timberlak

re: my fair lady.what actress should play Eliza Doolittle?  Mar 2 2005, 05:43:29 PM
I'm surprised no one has yet to mention Sutton Foster. This woman is a comedic master, and has an amazing voice...she'd really make Eliza a character and if she works on her soprano, she'd do a great job.

I also agree with Laura Benanti.
Michael Arden for Freddy!

re: Christian Borle Is Amazingly Talented  Feb 21 2005, 12:07:49 AM
I think he is incredibly talented. I saw him in Millie first, and while I didn't think he fit the role right away, he pulled it off, and I definitely appreciated his great voice.

Than I saw him in Snoopy and loved him. He has great comedic timing, and was really the heart of the show.

re: Ahrens and Flaherty--Memorable Scores?  Feb 20 2005, 03:44:03 PM
They always write incredible openings.

I don't think the book to My Favorite Year is all THAT terrible. Played by the right actors, it can be quite funny.

What I mean by memorable is you don't remember any songs after the show. Shows like Wicked have "Defying Gravity" and "Popular", which are really catchy and you hear a lot on the radio.
--A&F dont have songs that really work so well out of context. And I agree, that is the beauty of a lot of their work--they don't worry

Ahrens and Flaherty--Memorable Scores?  Feb 20 2005, 03:08:26 PM
Hey, everyone. I'm in a production of My Favorite Year right now, which I love, but one of the cast members pointed out to me that none of the music is really memorable.

I started applying this to other Ahrens and Flaherty shows. The only other one I know really well is Ragtime, which doesn't have any standout memorable numbers. And as far as I know, Seussical and Once on This Island don't have one or two songs that are remembered.

How do we feel about their scores?

I

re: Snoopy Benefit Petition  Feb 13 2005, 04:27:02 PM
Definitely! I saw the actual show, and the cast was perfection. Sutton was amazing, and Christian Borle was hysterical. This team was a force to be reckoned with. I would LOVE a cast recording.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You