News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JenM9

JenM9 Profile Photo
Member Name: JenM9
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ghost Brothers of Darkland County Tour - Anyone going?
 Nov 9 2014, 02:51:44 AM
I'm going in a couple of weeks when it passes through Providence. I'm a big fan of Stephen King's books so I'm excited to see his take on a musical.
Cinderella on tour.
 Oct 17 2014, 04:53:27 AM
I saw the Broadway production towards the beginning of the run so it's not too fresh in my mind, but I saw the touring cast on Tuesday. The biggest difference that I've noticed was during Who Am I when Prince Topher fights this praying mantis creature instead of the Tree monster. Something wasn't quite the same in the Impossible/It's Possible carriage ride scene, I think it maybe the horses' legs didn't have the articulation they did for the Broadway production. Aside from that the sets and stag
The Phantom of the Opera US Tour
 Dec 3 2013, 11:11:27 PM
I saw the tour as well and really enjoyed it. It was my first time seeing Phantom so I can't compare it to the Broadway version, but I was very close to the chandelier and it does do a vertical drop and shoot sparks, but there were no bits of plastic or anything else as far as I could tell.

Some suggestions
 Apr 25 2011, 01:30:40 PM
For me, one of the most annoying audience behaviors come from people who have seen the show before. I like to go into shows knowing as little about the plot and music as possible. I'll avoid all threads and reviews until I've seen a show only to walk into the theater and have the show spoiled five minutes before curtain by inconsiderate people wondering how a new actor will handle a particular scene or talking about how good/bad an actor did such and such a scene the last time they saw the show.
re: Kristin Chenoweth to write memoir
 Jul 3 2008, 12:41:46 AM
Amazon has it up for pre-order
http://www.amazon.com/Little-Bit-Wicked-Faith-Stages/dp/1416580557

And it now has a title - A Little Bit Wicked: Life, Love, and Faith in Stages.

re: Anyone Ever Notice Glinda's...?
 May 28 2008, 11:59:36 PM
"But Cheno has BLUE eyes. This makes NO SENSE!"

Actually Kristin does have green eyes.
http://pushingdaisies-tv.com/gallery/albums/10/pd-promo00035.jpg
World order has been restored.

re: New Kristin Chenoweth Film
 May 14 2008, 07:22:45 PM
It'd be nice if we could discuss Kristin's movie in this thread instead blaming her for setting women back 50 years because she posed with driftwood in Allure LAST year . . .

I think it's great that Kristin is playing against the perky innocent characters that she always seems to play. I think she'll make a great suicidal whore! I only hope that the film is released to enough places that I'll be able to see it.

re: Theater Etiquette-GRRR
 Mar 14 2008, 07:11:21 PM
When I go see a Broadway show I don't stay overnight in the city, so I don't have a hotel room. I take a 4 hour train ride there, then walk around the city all day before going to the show then take the train back home. I'm not about to do all of that in heels and a skirt; it's just not practical for me. When I see touring companies close to home I get more dressed up but I'm not about to be uncomfortable all day so I don't offend a few people with my jeans during the brief interval the lights a
re: Kristin Chenoweth pulls out of Candide
 Mar 12 2008, 04:50:45 AM
Bryan Fuller said in an interview with Comic News Insider about a month ago that they were going into production early to hopefully have an entire episode completed by the San Diego Comic Convention (while other shows might just have clips) which is some time in July.

Kristin also did a podcast with CNI and announced that she wasn't doing Candide, last week (March 4th). I guess she let it slip a little early seeing as the big sites are just reporting on this now.
Here's a link to the podcast if anyone's interested: http://cni.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=313969
They don't start the interview until like halfway through and talk a bit about Kristin's stage work and Pushing Daisies for maybe 20 minutes.

re: Mentally Impaired Audience Members
 Feb 7 2008, 08:00:47 PM
The last show I went to was the tour production of Rent; sitting behind me was a teenage girl with Down Syndrome, but she didn't seem severely affected. Before the show started it was clear she was really very excited to be there. She started talking about how much she loved the Rent movie, and how she dreamed of being on Broadway. When the show started she starting trying to sing along (wrong lyrics, sometimes a different song not even from Rent . . .) loudly and woo-ing and clapping at random
re: 'And it's Beginning to Snow?'
 Jan 21 2008, 09:45:39 PM
I saw it last night too (the tour) and the snow was working. It didn't cover the whole stage, just a little area behind the sculpture.

re: Musicals for people determined to hate musicals . . .
 Jan 4 2008, 04:05:37 PM
Normally I would go with someone else, but this time there isn't anyone else to go with. My friend lives in New Jersey and I live in Massachusetts so we don't get to see each other that often but are meeting up in New York. I told him that I refuse to drive six hours and go to Times Square without seeing something and he could wait in the hotel room if he wanted. He got mad that I'd rather see a show than hang out with him so I convinced him to go.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Musicals for people determined to hate musicals . . .
 Jan 4 2008, 12:45:01 AM
I'm going to New York (only my second trip) with a friend this spring. I really want to take him to see a musical with me, but he has never seen one before yet has very strong opinions about them and some incredibly lame preconceived notions. He has already decided that he hates musicals and they are just for "girls and gay men" which is stupid. He's adamant on hating anything to do with them.

I saw my first musical this January (the touring production of Wicked) and really enjoyed it w

re: Rush Question
 Aug 7 2007, 07:08:14 PM
Okay, great. Thank you both.
Rush Question
 Aug 7 2007, 06:40:00 PM
My mother and I are going to NY in two weeks and would like to see Legally Blonde. Neither of us has ever been to a Broadway show before (We've seen touring performances though). I'm a student and found out about student rush, which I'd like to try. I've searched this board and a few other places online but I can't find where exactly I'd have to go to purchase these type of tickets. I keep finding 'buy them at the box office' at the day of the show and get there early, but no where does any plac
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You