News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rob136

Member Name: rob136
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ghost Light at Claire Tow Theater - Lincoln Square Center
 Apr 25 2017, 10:38:04 PM

As noted on the production's site:

"Third Rail Projects, the groundbreaking company behind Then She Fell and The Grand Paradise, brings their unique blend of immersive performance to LCT3 and invites audiences into the unseen corners of the Claire Tow Theater to explore the world on the other side of the proscenium."

I expect the stage will be intact, and I expect the seating may vary well b

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/13/15
 Dec 15 2015, 01:20:04 AM

I really liked Dames and had hoped word of mouth could get people to the show, but it hasn't worked out that way. Too bad. I thought it was far better than On the Town (although that didn't do well either).

Fun Home Question - December 17th
 Dec 15 2015, 01:15:17 AM

It's silly how much hate has been spewed in this thread because an audience member wants to see a Tony Award-winning actor in the role they won their Tony. Yes, Jim is great. He's not Tony great, and I can understand the disappointment when someone is unexpectedly out. Unfortunately, that's how theatre works.

Gabby is great, but she's not at Lucas' level in this role. That's more a testament to how long Sydney was in the role and developing her perfo

Award Winning Playwright Almost Slaps a Theatre Patron (and what that apparently says about our theatre)
 Dec 13 2015, 04:12:41 PM

To me, it sounds like it could easily have been a joke or light-hearted. You're giving away tickets to someone and they're thanking you profusely, so you make a quip about not using the tickets to chew gum in a theatre. Wasn't there, so I don't know how the comment was said, but that seems as likely an explanation as any.

Age is probably most likely, though. Race almost certainly played no role, because it makes no sense to associate gum with people of color.

The Color Purple best seats
 Dec 13 2015, 04:10:19 PM

Anywhere other than the far sides. If you sit on the far sides, you will miss some visuals that are partially obscured by pieces of the set. I saw this from the far left side of the front mezzanine, and I saw almost everything, but I definitely missed some visuals. The sound system is great, so there's no issues hearing anything in the way back of the theatre if you go that route.

From an affordability standpoint, rush is a great option for this show, and the rush seats are not

King Charles $37 ticket?
 Dec 13 2015, 03:59:32 PM

The action of this play occurs on center-stage the entire time, so I doubt there's a truly "bad" seat in the house. I'd recommend rush as the best option to see this show for cheap. My rush seat was "partial view" in the sense that they marked it partial view to justify giving it out as rush. I saw everything.

Matilda and Charlie and the chocolate factory
 Dec 12 2015, 07:42:45 PM

Grammar brings in the parents and grandparents for sure. My aunt wanted to go because of Grammar.

Dec 12 2015, 05:32:27 PM

Because Neverland has dipping numbers and awful reviews. If more appealing, better reviewed, and fresher musicals occupy their target audience, it's time to pull the plug before they lose money. Neverland is about to be without Morrison as well. The show has lost its star power.

Songs That Sound Exactly the Same
 Dec 12 2015, 03:29:41 PM

Every reprise ever with the song it reprised.

/thread

Dec 12 2015, 03:28:22 PM

Somethings got to give and I think it will be Matilda. With Matilda, Finding Neverland, School of Rock, all the Disney stuff, and now Charlie, it seems the "family" market is getting saturated. The other possibility to go is Neverland, but I think the producer is stubborn enough to hang on through a dip in sales.

Award Winning Playwright Almost Slaps a Theatre Patron (and what that apparently says about our theatre)
 Dec 12 2015, 03:25:47 PM

I wouldn't go that far. She's not racist, just a perpetual victim.

THE COLOR PURPLE Previews
 Dec 12 2015, 03:23:08 PM

Regarding the issue with the ushers not taking care of disruptive behaviors, it appears the producers have addressed the issue thoroughly. At today's matinee, the people around me couldn't get through one text without being yelled at. The ushers noticed it before I did! I'm glad to see the producers took the issue seriously and stepped things up. I can't imagine the incident described earlier in the thread playing out in the same way now, based on what I've seen today.

Aladdin Lotto Recently
 Dec 12 2015, 01:32:29 PM

You should come in with a back-up plan so you don't lose out if you lose the lotto. I believe Aladdin's lotto draws two hours before. Both Spring Awakening and School of Rock draw 1.5 hours before, so one of those could be a back-up.

The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
 Dec 12 2015, 01:30:33 PM

They actually sold out the matinee, according to one of the box office workers. It appears they're doing VERY well. That's an incredibly fast turn around time from reviews to ticket sales response, so I imagine word of mouth is playing a role here too.

Dec 12 2015, 10:08:02 AM

Wow, 10th in line for me mezzanine partial view. I was under the impression there were box/partial view orchestra to be had at one point. Maybe they're doing good business.

Dec 12 2015, 09:57:14 AM

My very rough estimate is around ~70-80 people here as of box office opening.

Dec 12 2015, 09:53:55 AM

haterobics said: "LuminousBeing said: "The first people arrived at 5:45."

Yikes, how long until the second people showed?! These are just PV, not front row or anything, no?

"

I got here today at 7:40am and I'm ~10th in line.

Exploring Gay Panic Humor in Something Rotten!
 Dec 12 2015, 08:44:35 AM

Is the joke funny? That's a separate question. I thought it was, but that's a matter of opinion.

Dec 12 2015, 08:43:21 AM

The playwright seems to be racing to make this an issue of elitism, but that's the only way race is involved. Ironically, she complains about being lectured on theatre etiquette and proceeds to completely disregard it.

Dec 12 2015, 08:36:09 AM

If you were looking to come today, you've missed your window. At least 30 people here with 1.5 hours to go

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You