Aladdin Lotto Recently

skipgal
#1Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/12/15 at 11:21am

Hey everyone, thinking of trying Aladdin lotto sometime this week and just wondering if it is still very busy. I tried it several times in the past and have never won; but I am hoping that with everyone and their mother at the Richard Rodgers the crowds will be slightly lighter. Is that the case?

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#2Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/12/15 at 12:21pm

Even if recently the crowds have been smaller, for the rest of the year they will be larger than average.  January and February is the best time, but what have you got to lose?  

skipgal
#3Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/12/15 at 1:03pm

I have $16 (the price of a round-trip train ticket from my house to Penn Station) to lose! But that is true. Perhaps February is a better time to go!

rob136
#4Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/12/15 at 1:32pm

You should come in with a back-up plan so you don't lose out if you lose the lotto. I believe Aladdin's lotto draws two hours before. Both Spring Awakening and School of Rock draw 1.5 hours before, so one of those could be a back-up.

BROADWAY: The Cripple of Inishmaan, This is Our Youth, If/Then, Hedwig and the Angry Inch (x3), Cabaret (x2), The Real Thing, A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, Chicago, Les Miserables (x2) Disgraced, Finding Neverland, On the Twentieth Century, Wolf Hall Part I, On the Town, Fun Home; TOURING: Jekyll and Hyde, The Book of Mormon; LOCAL: The Twilight Zone, Anne Boleyn, Death and the Maiden, The Lying Kind, Chorus Line, Stupid F**king Bird

VintageSnarker
#5Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/12/15 at 3:59pm

"January and February is the best time, but what have you got to lose?"

Last I heard the core cast members were under contract until early January. Have there been any updates since then?

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#6Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/12/15 at 4:18pm

The original leads are contracted through February 21 as of right now.  And definitely just have a back up plan.  

TerrenceIsTheMann
#7Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/12/15 at 4:21pm

Agreed on the back up plan. Enter all the digital lotteries too and go to box offices of shows that arent selling well to try to get a late rush ticket.

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#8Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/13/15 at 11:20am

Yea, I've done rush like 1.5 hours before curtain for several shows and never not gotten a ticket. Just look at the grosses or reports on here to see which shows are very popular and have low odds.

The TodayTix lotteries aren't useful as a backup plan because you have to claim or decline the tickets before lottery is called, but the independent online lotteries (like SR or Allegience) will work, because you either pick up your ticket & pay, or you don't. 

VintageSnarker
#9Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/13/15 at 3:05pm

"The original leads are contracted through February 21 as of right now.  And definitely just have a back up plan."

Does anyone know of an article or something confirming this? 

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#10Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/13/15 at 5:26pm

VintageSnarker said: ""The original leads are contracted through February 21 as of right now.  And definitely just have a back up plan."

Does anyone know of an article or something confirming this? 

"

They renewed their contracts back in 2014 until Feb. 2016. 

KathyNYC2
#11Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/13/15 at 5:45pm

Also keep in  mind however..that the actors rarely take any vacation time during the upcoming holiday weeks. When I have gone to the theater at this time of year, you generally see who you expect to see in 90% of the cases.

January - February - after the holiday - actors will definitely take vacation time, as attendance is lower then and they are pooped, having played in busier than usual schedules with often an extra show a week during the holidays. So you might want to consider if seeing the show itself is more or less important than seeing a particular actor in a role.

Updated On: 12/13/15 at 05:45 PM

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#12Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/13/15 at 6:55pm

skipgal said: "I have $16 (the price of a round-trip train ticket from my house to Penn Station) to lose! But that is true. Perhaps February is a better time to go!"

I wish I had the problem of being able to get into and out of the city for only $8 each way! Aladdin Lotto Recently To echo what the others have said, though, just keep your options open. Try a show you may not have considered before! I've never failed at getting a rush or a lotto ticket to at least something. Sure, it may not have been my first, second, or even third choice, but that's the price of seeing theatre on a discount. 

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#13Aladdin Lotto Recently
Posted: 12/13/15 at 6:57pm

Is this show still on Broadway?? I had no idea. I should get a ticket to it sometime.

Videos