News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Rose_MacShane

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Member Name: Rose_MacShane
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.livejournal.com/users/belfast_rose
Blog Address:
Profile: I am a 22 year old college student who LOVES musical theater (and yes, my birthday really is September 11). I am an unashamed CATS fan (and I'm not afraid to get into arguments about it!) and if I could get to New York more often, you wouldn't be able to get me out of the theater district.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Mentally Impaired Audience Members  Feb 8 2008, 09:04:05 PM
"I went to a show once where I was sitting on the side of the orchestra and I was near a very ill man in a huge wheelchair. He had some sort of apparatus--oxygen or a respirator perhaps--that was making a very quiet clicking, whooshing noise through the entire show. I wasn't annoyed. I was actually happy the theatre was able to accommodate the man and his equipment so he could see a show. I'm guessing there were a lot of places he couldn't go, and he was alive and alert and perhaps really in nee
Smoking at TLM  Jan 24 2008, 12:53:07 PM
"I don't know what kind of child you were (are?), but most kids would get highly upset if they saw that."

Okay, I was an easily shaken-up child (in fact, I still can't watch Charlotte's Web without sobbing), but seeing a guy on a cigarette break outside the theatre would not have rated very high on my childhood trauma list.

re: Community Theatre Avenue Q. PICTURES!  Jan 24 2008, 12:22:51 PM
Please tell me Lyon's company didn't make those. They look like dollar-store knockoffs.
re: Goodbye Spelling Bee!  Jan 20 2008, 03:01:14 PM
Such a shame to see this go! I saw it twice when it came to Denver and I would have loved to see it on Broadway. Have a great show tonight!
re: GUN SHOTS? (again, sorry)  Jan 19 2008, 01:14:51 AM
I don't remember POTO having gunfire. Are you perhaps thinking of the chandelier's power-up?
re: I Am Mystified By the Success of MAMMA MIA!  Jan 15 2008, 06:09:11 PM
I don't get it either. I saw it once, on tour, and I was not impressed. Or entertained. Of course, I'm not an ABBA fan to begin with, so I'm willing to bet that's largely why I didn't like it.
re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on THE LITTLE MERMAID with stage door pics (wit  Jan 15 2008, 01:23:29 AM
So has anyone ever told you you're a dead ringer for Master Frodo?
re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on THE LITTLE MERMAID with stage door pics (wit  Jan 15 2008, 12:46:26 AM
Elijah Wood is working at a merch booth now? :)

Are the programs available online? They didn't have them in Denver and I must own one.

re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews  Jan 10 2008, 11:59:04 PM
The costume line is pretty spot-on, I have to admit. I can't help but think what they would have looked like if they could have gotten Ann Hould-Ward for this. I think she did a great job on B&TB.
re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews  Jan 10 2008, 07:50:36 PM
They're already phasing out JJ and Cody? The show hasn't even officially opened yet! That's some high turnaround...
re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews  Jan 10 2008, 07:43:20 PM
Good lord, there are 4 Flounders?? Isn't that a little much?
re: Good Luck, LITTLE MERMAID!  Jan 10 2008, 01:28:11 PM
WIshing you all the brokenest of legs!
re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......  Dec 26 2007, 01:38:34 PM
The other night, I dreamed that my school was doing Carrie and I was Carrie. We deviated from the script; Tommy killed me instead of Margaret, and he also made up a duet that we were supposed to sing as I lay dying. Good thing it was only a rehearsal...
re: My Answers to Little Mermaid's Problems  Dec 14 2007, 01:44:11 AM
Your idea for the overture is very similar to what they did early in the Denver run. After the overture, the curtain came up on an underwater scene, with a few chorines and Flounder skating around and them scattering when the ship began its descent. I didn't care for it, and I guess that was the general consensus, because when I went back the show opened with projections of fish, waves, etc.
re: Family Guy Musical References  Dec 14 2007, 01:37:13 AM
In the episode where Chris becomes a famous avant-garde artist, there's a spoof of Everything's Coming Up Roses.

Another of my favorites, from the King and I episode: There's a quick clip of Brian auditioning by singing If Ever I Would Leave You. That was the moment when I fell in love with Seth MacFarlane's voice. Damn, that man has a sexy, sexy voice...

re: Family Guy Musical References  Dec 13 2007, 11:42:33 PM
My favorite is still "La-la-la-la-la-Miss Saigon, la-la-la-la-la-Miss Saigon..."
re: Will Clay get a Money Note or Two?  Dec 13 2007, 01:52:28 PM
Actually, it is. Piazza came to Denver this last March.
re: An open letter to the Disney Organization (or my 'Little Mermaid Review  Dec 13 2007, 01:28:14 PM
I guess those damn bongs are here to stay...

And it seems that nobody likes the ending. Is nobody at Disney paying attention to what fans are saying? I don't think there's been a single positive thing said about the denoument. Hop to, Disney! Start paying attention!

re: '...The HELL?!' moments in productions  Dec 10 2007, 02:12:32 AM
The Denver Center did Hamlet about 5 years ago and everything was fine and dandy until the very end. You know how the show ends on Fortinbras' speech at Elsinore? Well, they did the speech, but the play ended with his troops pointing their guns at Yorick, and a big ol' shotgun blast when the lights went down. We were on a HS field trip, and all of us were looking at each other and going "WTF did they do that for??"
re: The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Transformation ... & Stage Door  Dec 9 2007, 01:50:38 AM
EnchantedHunter, did you actually call someone cynical? Pot calling the kettle black much?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You