Weird Broadway Dreams......

BwayTheatre11
#0Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 12:40pm

Anyone ever had a Broadway dream? I did last night. It wasn't on Broadway but it was about Gypsy. I overheard my mom talking on the phone that she got tickets to see Gypsy...at the Gund Arena, the Cleveland Cavs home. An arena!!! Thats the first wierd part. Then, I somehow get backstage. I never got to see the show. Weird Broadway Dreams......

CCM '10!

BatBoi
#1re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 12:45pm

I guess the only weird broadway dream I've ever had is that I was playing Monsieur Hood in Shrek The Musical.

Different! But I did look pretty good in green tights!! LOL ;o)

BwayTheatre11
#2re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 12:51pm

WOW!! Now that is weird!

CCM '10!

Hello Gorgeous
#3re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 4:44pm

Wow I have had some weird dreams about Broadway. The weirdest, by far though, was about Gypsy too. I was at the mall by my house, in Lord and Taylor, and all of a sudden we go up the escalator and walk into the Shubert Theatre! We (my mom, my sister and I) were sitting there, watching the show, and I got up and left because I had to find someone who owed me money. I came back after intermission, and my mom was all mad at me...and then I woke up. Strange, I know.

~*Christa*~ "Don't ya wanna be the life of the party?" Idina Menzel, THE WILD PARTY

#4re: re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 5:03pm

I dream about Broadway all the time. Especially the baths that used to be on 49th St.

DofB5
#5 Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 5:38pm

Long before I saw POTO I dreamed I saw it and the coolest part was seeing the Phantom with his BLUE eyes. One dark blue and one light and NO ONE told me or do I remember reading that Mr. Crawford was doing that via contacts. I was shocked when I found out he was.

Another "Broadway" dream was about DOTV--I know our lurkers will get a kick out this one.

Ever been in a dream where your like "floating" and watching something? I was "floating" and watching the scene with Herbert and Albert.

Herbert came on stage wearing a long old fashioned coat and he had a sword. He took the coat off and made some kind of really funny remark about his “sword”. I wish I could remember it.

Anyway, it was like I moved and I was looking at the audience and spotted MYSELF on the right side, facing the stage. That was kinda neat. There’s more but I won’t go into it.

I have those kind of dreams all the time. I can even “program” myself to dream what I want from time to time and I compose music (sometimes with words). I’ve woke up humming a song that I know isn’t something I’ve heard. The rotten part is that I can’t read/write music and I forget the songs by the time I brush my teeth. Sigh. If only there was a such thing as a dream recorder.

D

broadwayguy2
#6re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 5:40pm

I always have wierd theatre dreams. Once, I had a dream that I was Tracy in Hairspray and another time, I was Peter on Peter Pan. ::shrugs:: I guess I'm odd.

Gothampc
#7re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 5:51pm

I had this really bad dream that they tried to make "A Chorus Line" into a movie and the movie was really awful. I dreamt they took the song, "What I Did For Love" and turned it into a love song. Whew, thank goodness it was only a dream and "A Chorus Line" hasn't been sullied in that fasion.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 7/30/03 at 05:51 PM

broadwayguy2
#8re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 5:53pm

Hey!! I had that same one too! I swear I woke up screaming! It was the most realistic one two. I was sitting there watching it in disbelief and even pinched myself to see if I was having a nightmare and I could feel the pinch!

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#9re: re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 6:42pm

I had a dream the other night that I was watching a production of Urinetown in a "circle in the square" atmosphere. It was kind of a good idea for the show. Much more interactive.

CourtneyM Profile Photo
CourtneyM
#10re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/30/03 at 11:04pm

i had one about gypsy too. i went to see the show and i am sitting in a mirror and the kids of the show are looking at me and all of a sudden we are in this room with about 20 kids, including the gypsy kids, and they are singing its a hardnock life in gypsy costumes...it was so weird

One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art-Oscar Wilde

tapbaby2356 Profile Photo
tapbaby2356
#11re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/31/03 at 1:05am

hey, i always have dreams about shows i do... like things going wrong or different...am i alone in this? lol

Hello Gorgeous
#12re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/31/03 at 5:28pm

I guess Gypsy is a theme here then...hahaha

~*Christa*~ "Don't ya wanna be the life of the party?" Idina Menzel, THE WILD PARTY

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#13re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 7/31/03 at 5:37pm

Last night, my dream was that my friends and I went to see Beauty and the Beast (which we are going to see in August) and it was in the woods being performed, and you walked around to different stages for different scenes. Strange...

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#14re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/25/07 at 6:11am

For RC.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#15re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/25/07 at 6:16pm

I always have dreams about being onstage/backstage but not being in the show. Usually the plot of the show is completely different.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#16re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/25/07 at 6:27pm

I dreampt that I walked on to the Broadway Theatre (where Color Purple is) stage and they performed Miss Saigon...with the TCP cast. And Fantasia was Kim. At one point, Chaka Khan told me to "get my ass in that helicopter." Oddly enough, the helicopter was painted purple.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#17re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/25/07 at 6:40pm

I've had a couple. The wierdest was I was in contact (in Rent) and everything was black instead of white and then backstage was a creepy haunted forest instead of just being normal backstage... there were some other random details it was very peculiar.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#18re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/25/07 at 7:36pm

I had a dream about the "Sunday in the Park..." revival the other night. I was flying above the theater district trying to make it all the way to 54th Street, but I don't think I got there in time. re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Miss Elphaba Profile Photo
Miss Elphaba
#19re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/26/07 at 9:23am

Do West End dreams count?

Last year, while Idina Menzel was still Elphaba in London and Kerry Ellis was her standby, I had a dream Kerry was playing Elphaba and the harness in DG malfunctioned and she fell and hurt her wrist, then Idina Menzel came on stage and started laughing. Then, in a completely random moment, Mig Ayesa (Gallielo in we will rock a few years back) came on stage and started hitting idina with a broom.

To make it worse, when i woke up i actually thought kerry had broke her wrist.

It was.... abnormal..

"I trained as a classical actor at Juilliard. I jump at the opportunity to do classical text...But I never in a million years guessed I'd get to play Juliet!"- Michael Arden

Miss Elphaba Profile Photo
Miss Elphaba
#20re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/26/07 at 9:23am

Do West End dreams count?

Last year, while Idina Menzel was still Elphaba in London and Kerry Ellis was her standby, I had a dream Kerry was playing Elphaba and the harness in DG malfunctioned and she fell and hurt her wrist, then Idina Menzel came on stage and started laughing. Then, in a completely random moment, Mig Ayesa (Gallielo in we will rock a few years back) came on stage and started hitting idina with a broom.

To make it worse, when i woke up i actually thought kerry had broke her wrist.

It was.... abnormal..

"I trained as a classical actor at Juilliard. I jump at the opportunity to do classical text...But I never in a million years guessed I'd get to play Juliet!"- Michael Arden

Annas_Priest Profile Photo
Annas_Priest
#21re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/26/07 at 12:53pm

I had one after I had seen the most recent tour Jesus Christ Supestar with Ted "the god" Neeley, and Corey Glover... well... it was almost a year after.

I was playing Judas Iscariot. But I only "saw" his death scene (it was odd, i was 'Seeing" myself... Like I was myself, but I was not in my body...)

But anyway, I went to hang myself, and such. Now, for anyone who has seen the tour, he puts the rope on his neck and then a drop cloth drops in front on him. You never see him hang.

So, anyway, I put the nose, and sudenly it risses up a little bit, and im really hanging.

I am looking at myself hanging, and hearing the chours singing "so long Judas...Poor old Judas.."

And I woke up suddenly to my alarm clock, very frightend

AngActing Profile Photo
AngActing
#22re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/26/07 at 1:23pm

I have a lot of Broadway/stage dreams . . . for years.

One I remember that I Tim Curry was doing a show, like "Travesties" [which he did, but I never saw] -- and there's a scene where everyone is waltzing. I am in the front row, with my mother; and the seats are like a little theatre, really close to the stage. Then, the stage wasn't even a stage . . .it was just a dance floor.

Tim comes over and reaches out his hand for me to dance with him . . . I do and we waltz across the floor.

This was years ago . . . and I still remember it . . . before "Dancing With The Stars" was around.

The other one I recall, which was recent. I dreamt I was dating Adam Pascal while he was doing "Rent" (originally when he did it) and I was hanging out with the OBC backstage.

Love and Stage Lights, Angela Theresa

roseaddams Profile Photo
roseaddams
#23re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/26/07 at 1:38pm

I had a dream I was doing Little Shop. It started right near the end of Skid Row, when Audrey and Seymour are singing simultaneously, and I had no idea what the blocking was. For some reason, there was an ensemble of about forty doing interpretive dance, and I was near the back in the shop and I saw my spot at the foot of the stage. So I had to sing (thankfully, I knew the score) while hustling my ass toward the foot of the stage, all the while watching Audrey and pretty much moving when she was but on the opposite side of the stage. I nearly got kicked in the face like five times. But I woke up before I got to the end of the stage.

Also, there was one dream which was less than a minute long, which I remember in finite detail. I was walking up the street by my local mall, when I thought to myself "Hey, I should call Idina." So I pulled out my green chocolate and called Idina. I said "Hi" and she said "Hi" back. Then there was an awkward silence, and I said "So, Idina, I'm not doing anything Thursday, so I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out." Then she started laughing, so I said "Oh, man, I'm an idiot -- you're in New York, aren't you?" At this point I turned a corner and walked down the cross-street past my mall. Then she said "No, no, [rose], I'm in LA." Then I said "You wanna go into Hollywood, then? Maybe see a movie?" And she said "That sounds great. I'll see you Thursday!" Then I said "Bye, Idina!" And she said "Bye, [rose]!" And then we hung up. And then I woke up. It was several hours before I realized that I did not, in fact, have plans to hang out with Idina Menzel in Hollywood that Thursday, and, as such, still had no plans for that day.

"You mean what was the best picture of the year or what did they pick as the best picture of the year?" - California Suite

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#24re: re: re: Weird Broadway Dreams......
Posted: 12/26/07 at 1:38pm

The other night, I dreamed that my school was doing Carrie and I was Carrie. We deviated from the script; Tommy killed me instead of Margaret, and he also made up a duet that we were supposed to sing as I lay dying. Good thing it was only a rehearsal...

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/