News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Taka

Taka Profile Photo
Member Name: Taka
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm back. It was a very hard decision, as I was and still am afraid of being called a troll or whatever, but I honestly think that I've done very horrible, rash things. I no longer am "trying" to find myself. Instead, I decided to use my brain (Well, I figure that I ought to decide and use it sometime). I figure that everyone will get along more if I use my brain this time around.

I'm facing my greatest fears coming back. Here I faced humiliation because I was trying so hard to be one of you guys that I ended up making a fool of myself. I saw the world in black and white, with no shades of grey. This time, I'm not gonna compromise myself and be a people pleaser.

So, how has everyone been doing? In spite of my misgivings about this board, I missed you a lot.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: character in a musical you most relate to...
 May 25 2008, 06:34:20 PM
A very, unusually, *bizarre* mixture between Enjolras, Fantine, Eponine, Jean Valjean, and. . .Roger DeBris? Seriously, what gives?
re: Hugh Panaro to be Jean Valjean in Philly's Les Miz
 May 25 2008, 06:26:53 PM
I am *so* going. Just to see Hugh. And hopefully a better Eponine and Thenardier than the ones I saw on tour.
re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?
 May 25 2008, 06:25:47 PM
Fame and Bye Bye Birdie. But then again, maybe it was just the productions that I saw that were bad. . .

Edited to say: Actually, I never saw "Fame" but read the script. It was terrible!

re: The Phantom Of The Opera
 May 25 2008, 06:23:08 PM
John Cuida is AMAZING as the Phantom.

I couldn't tell you about the rest of the actors, though.

re: What play should never EVER EVER never ever be a musical...
 May 24 2008, 07:15:49 PM
"The Boys Next Door". If it was a light hearted musical, then it wold completely miss the point and if it was one of those more serious musicals, then it would be way too depressing.
re: Cats (or shall I say) Humans - The Musical
 Nov 27 2007, 04:37:54 PM
maninchair, that was. . . so. . .wrong yet so right. I so wish I saw that production so I could've gotten a good laugh.
re: A BUNCH of SWEENEY Film Clips..(Priest, Toby, etc.)
 Nov 27 2007, 03:22:08 PM
Wow. If you listen to the behind the scenes stuff, you'll learn that Johanna has one of the finest voices I've ever heard.

I do wish they'd show more of "Pretty Women", though.

Nov 27 2007, 02:47:16 PM
Actually, I just watched Toby again. He's PERFECT.
 Nov 27 2007, 02:45:26 PM
Wow. Did Sascha just do what he thought I did?

Timothy Spall was excellent, as was Alan Rickman. Helena seems to be the one character who you actually have to see the entire movie in order to recieve a full impact. And I must say that this rendition of "Not While I'm Around" is the only one that actually brought tears to my eyes. (I wish we got more of Tobias acting though, because he doesn't really do much other than sing in the clips). The only one I'm concerned about is Johnny Depp.

re: Yet ANOTHER Todd poster
 Nov 26 2007, 06:21:01 PM
You little stinker, you. Well, at least *I* knew that it was Mrs. Lovett! :P
re: Yet ANOTHER Todd poster
 Nov 26 2007, 05:23:41 PM
I so thought it was a train, too.
re: sweeney movie WOW!
 Nov 26 2007, 02:30:32 PM
I'm just afraid that since I'm looking foward to the movie, it will suck. I dunno, but every movie that I look foward to sucks. I think it's some sort of a jinx.

In spite of the jinx, I must say that I'm excited for the film.

re: sweeney movie WOW!
 Nov 25 2007, 07:32:45 PM
"with most of the humor toned down"

How about "A Little Priest"? That wasn't toned down, was it?

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 25 2007, 06:53:56 PM
About George Hearn:

I'm pretty sure he's a nice guy. And he has a very nice voice. I just wish he'd actually use his vocal talents to emote (as opposed to merely showing his voice off) and act without being hammy about it. I mean, I saw the Sweeney Todd DVD with Angela Lansbury, and I couldn't follow along because Hearn distracted me. I don't agree that he should be killed, however.

re: Les Miserables Complete Symphonic Recording
 Nov 25 2007, 05:01:44 PM
Mattbrain,

Thank you so much for voicing my opinion.

re: Cats (or shall I say) Humans - The Musical
 Nov 25 2007, 02:43:45 PM
Just out of curiousity, how did they play the Macavity/Mr. Mistoffeles segment? I mean, one of the students couldn't have kidnapped the principal.

As for the rest of the production, that's just. . .wrong. The play's supposed to be about all of the cats, not just about Grizabella. And the classroom setting is laughable.

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 25 2007, 01:32:56 PM
"I think Idina Menzel is the most overated performer since Lea Salonga"

I agree with you whole heartedly.

re: Les Miserables Complete Symphonic Recording
 Nov 25 2007, 12:44:32 PM
Since when is Eponine supposed to be sexy? It's my understanding that Eponine's ugly with a hint of inner beauty that shows. Frances Ruffelle is perfect for Eponine. Eponine needs an edge.
re: Sweeney & Lovett - Did They Eat the Pies?
 Nov 24 2007, 10:57:55 PM
I didn't mean to offend you. It's just that it never occurered to me to ask the question. Apologies.
re: Behind The Scenes of Sweeney Todd Movie
 Nov 24 2007, 10:47:08 PM
My hopes are revived, but why do I get the suspicion that those who speak well of the Sweeney film work for Burton? I know that that's not the case, but I can't help but have that suspicion nevertheless.

I swear, I must be the most paranoid person on this board. . .

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You