News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PJ

PJ Profile Photo
Member Name: PJ
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Laura Benanti  Apr 17 2008, 12:11:15 AM
Saw Jessica this evening as Louise. Nothing overly good, or bad about the performance. Just fine, I'd say. The only time I really missed Laura was during Louise's confrontation in the dressing room scene. And no, she doesn't yell the way Benanti does.
re: If Anything Goes came back  Apr 1 2008, 06:51:07 PM
The Roundabout is reviving the show, directed and choreographed by Kathleen Marshall, and it's currently set to be the first production to play the new Henry Miller. And Donna Murphy was approached about starring as Reno, but she passed. Then there was the odd idea of Reba McEntire that they were tossing around for a while. Christine Ebersole asked if she could play Reno, and was politely turned down. And the last I heard was that they wanted Catherine Zeta-Jones.
re: Sarah Jessica Parker To Star in 'Boeing Boeing' on Broadway  Feb 28 2008, 12:14:48 AM
She's definitely not doing it. She passed on the project immediately after it was offered to her.
re: Overcrowded Field for 2008 Best Actor & Actress in a Play Tony  Dec 8 2007, 12:10:16 AM
Anika Noni-Rose is Maggie in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. She will be joined onstage by the aforementioned Terrence Howard, Phylicia Rashad, and James Earl Jones.
re: Gypsy  Jul 10 2007, 01:18:02 AM
The main difference between last summer and this one?

Two words: Arthur Laurents. This man knows how to direct his Roses.

re: Gypsy  Jul 9 2007, 11:53:14 PM
Oh! I completley forgot about the faux rape scene in the hotel room. I noticed when they didn't do the reprise of "Small World" after Herbie leaves, but forgot about that funny scene in the hotel. I wonder why Arthur made those cuts?
re: Gypsy  Jul 9 2007, 11:42:39 PM
I saw the first preview performance this evening as well.

-Patti is giving the performance of her career on that stage. I've never seen any performer be so undeniably perfect in every scene. She was funny, heart breaking, and a battle ax when she needed to be. And I never once thought that she needed to pull back. I loved Bernadette in the 2003 revival, but LuPone mopped the City Center stage with her curly red mop this evening. And luckily, will continue to do so for the rest of this m

Outer Critcs Circle Noms  Apr 23 2007, 04:16:11 PM
Double
Outer Critcs Circle Noms  Apr 23 2007, 04:16:09 PM
I am thrilled for Carla Gugino. She was breathtaking in Suddenly Last Summer.

<--

re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?  Mar 14 2007, 12:27:28 AM
JLY has been contracted for 6 shows since Jersey Boys opened.

Untrue. JB Fan was correct.

re: Understudies you wish you saw!  Feb 24 2007, 09:56:44 AM
Nikkie Renee Daniels as Fantine.
re: About Time. Hairspray Diva Makes a Come-Back!!!  Feb 23 2007, 11:43:17 PM
Rumor has it that that Jib is making a return to the Neil Simon in April.
re: Beyonce sings Listen live on Grammy's  Feb 12 2007, 09:13:27 PM
She's got her Bey-ounce back. She looked wonderful as usual, but I was underwhelmed by the performance.

re: GYPSY at City Center - summer '07?  Feb 8 2007, 12:10:48 AM
Full scale or concert, I'll be there for several performances.
re: re: Wicked Review 1/31 matinee (possible spoilers about brief changes)  Feb 2 2007, 02:53:49 AM
When the OBC was still at the Gershwin, the song ended after the dance between Elphaba and the Wizard following "Wonderful." When Idina left, and Shoshana Bean took over, they added even more dancing and a reprise of the song between the characters. It worked for Bean and Ben Vereen, but every other pair of performers looked absolutely ridiculous doing it.

I'm interested in seeing these cuts. I may have to make a return trip.

re: Could Kristin Chenoweth host SNL?  Jan 30 2007, 06:09:34 PM
She was in talks to host last year around this time. Since she has yet to appear, it must have fallen through. This was, of course, during her whole Old Navy commercial era. So she would have been more recognizable than usual.
re: Fantasia Barrino at COLOR PURPLE tonight...  Jan 29 2007, 08:33:41 AM
Halle Berry was at Jersey Boys on Wednesday night. I bet she's replacing John Lloyd Young in April!
re: Katie Clarke  Jan 19 2007, 03:43:20 PM
Goodness was she ever dreadful in Piazza. I saw her perform the role live, and then again on the telecast, and both times, she was painfully bad. The girl couldn't handle that score if she was carrying it in the palm of her hands. She actually made a large portion of the audience laugh during the title number. That's something that I'm fairly certain was not planned.
I'M TELLING YOU SHE BETTER WIN!  Jan 16 2007, 12:23:06 AM
With the way Holliday has been behaving regarding Hudson and the film itself, I wouldn't have mentioned her in my speech either. I thought it was wonderful that Hudson dedicated her Globe to Ballard.
re: The best and worst live performance witnessed  Jan 10 2007, 04:32:24 PM
Best:

Natasha Richardson...A Streetcar Named Desire
Cherry Jones...Doubt
Bernadette Peters...Gypsy
Patti LuPone...Sweeney Todd

Worst:

Harvey Fierstein...Fiddler on the Roof
David Ayers...Wicked

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You