pixeltracker

Does Sutton miss any performances on a regular basis?

Does Sutton miss any performances on a regular basis?

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#1Does Sutton miss any performances on a regular basis?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:06pm

I've been reading alot lately about big broadway stars who, towards the end of their run, start missing performances often. I read that JLY doesnt do matinee shows for "Jersey Boys" anymore, etc etc...

So I was wondering if anyone knew if Sutton ever does this for "Drowsy"? We're going to be in NYC on Wednesday and Tuesday and were thinking of getting "Drowsy" tickets for wednesday matinee... we wouldnt want to show up only to find out that Sutton skips matinee shows.

anyone know?
Updated On: 3/12/07 at 06:06 PM

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#2re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:08pm

I saw her on a Sunday matinee, but she was out from the matinee the day before.

I don't think that she specifically skips any... but she might just be sick. Rumor has it that she's "phoning in" her performances anyway (Although i'm a HUGE Sutton fan and refuse to believe it...).

ONWARD TO YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN!

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

Yankeefan007
#2re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:09pm

Barring illness and/or vacation, she's contracted for 8 shows a week.

SweetQintheLights
#3re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:11pm

I'm not sure that "skip" is the correct word. Maybe "miss performances...?"

Skip seems a bit harsh to me.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#4re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:13pm

yeah thats what i meant... "misses" the performance...

so she's phoning in her perfs? no way! can anyone else confirm this for me? we have been meaning to watch Drowsy for the past... i dunno... 6 months. once we heard Sutton was leaving we decided to swoop down on NYC right quick so we could finally see her.

i hope she isnt really phoning them in. i was really looking forward to seeing her.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:25pm

I saw Sutton in DROWSY just last week, and she is doing anything but "phoning in" her performance. She is still giving 110% up there, as always.

Don't start rumors, MovieGuy, when you have no first-hand basis.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#6re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:26pm

If you want to see a leading actress that is truly dedicated to her craft and NEVER phones in and rarely misses a show, see Christine Ebersole in Grey Gardens. Sutton Foster, while showing talent, misses performances for miniscule reasons as much as LaChanze and honestly isn't as good as others on Broadway, let alone her own show.

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#7re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 10:24pm

"grey gardens" is next on our list whenever we're in NYC again... Updated On: 3/12/07 at 10:24 PM

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#8re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 10:35pm

if she's contracted for 8 shows a week... would that mean she's typically out for 2 shows a week? i wonder when she's usually off. i'd hate to see it without her... even if people are saying that she "phones in" her perf.

Yankeefan007
#9re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 10:38pm

If she's contracted for 8 shows a week, it means she's not period, barring illness or vacation. She's never "usually off," there is no "usually off."

It's not a hard role.

theminutepast
#10re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 10:39pm

What do you mean by phoning in?

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#11re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 10:39pm

She is contracted for 8 shows a week which means, unless she is ill, she performs 8 shows a week.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#12re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 10:41pm

I dont understand. Performers dont regularly "skip shows".....

I mean, if she's going to cali. to see her husband in the legally blonde opening fine...but performers dont skip shows like students cut school...

JB Fan
#13re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 11:20pm

From what I understand, if they miss shows, they don't get paid for those shows (even if they are sick). It is a job.

BTW, just making sure you understand this JLY is only contracted to do 6 shows a week in JERSEY BOYS, he isn't CUTTING. When he extended his contract last fall, he started only doing 6 shows a week. It is even in the program that way now (and on the boards at the theatre).

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#14re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 11:41pm

JLY has been contracted for 6 shows since Jersey Boys opened.
Updated On: 3/14/07 at 11:41 PM

allvocal Profile Photo
allvocal
#15re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/14/07 at 12:04am

Being on Broadway is no different than any other job.. you accumulate sick days.. and vacation time... after that is up or if you don't have any sick days yet.. you don't get paid for those performances..

PJ
#16re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/14/07 at 12:27am

JLY has been contracted for 6 shows since Jersey Boys opened.

Untrue. JB Fan was correct.

Raspberry Profile Photo
Raspberry
#17re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/14/07 at 12:54am

Oh, really? I didn't know JLY only did six regularly. Does he always do the same six perfs every week? Which ones?
I have no interest in Jersey Boys, which I guess is why I hadn't heard this, but I have a friend who's obsessed with the soundtrack, and she's coming to visit for her Spring Break in a week, and she really wants to rush this.

"I just want a story and a few good songs that will take me away. I just want to be entertained. I mean, isn't that the point?"

JB Fan
#18re: Does Sutton skip any 'Drowsy' performances?
Posted: 3/14/07 at 2:06am

JLY does not do Wed or Sat mats. He does all other performances.

Videos