News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Remote33

Remote33 Profile Photo
Member Name: Remote33
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Movie Musicals being planned
 Nov 15 2008, 03:44:43 PM
While I love Anne Hathaway, I think she'd be much better suited for Nessarose than Elphaba.
I think if they cast enough big names around the lead, they can have a relatively unknown Elphaba (like, say, Lea Michele, who would be terrific.)

I was hoping they'd cast younger (still holding out for Kristen Bell as Glinda), but there's no denying Amy Adams would be terrific.

Bette Midler as Morrible, Robin Williams as the Wizard, Lucas Grabeel as Boq (he'd be great)....just find

re: Musicals with Green leads
 Oct 27 2008, 09:30:22 PM
Zombie Prom has a green lead.
re: The Last Five Years?
 Oct 9 2008, 04:35:56 PM
There are minor phone conversations and little tiny monologues but no dialogue at all.
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Sep 2 2008, 03:59:13 PM
I will never understand why some high school directors put their students through such misery.

The fact of the matter is, 99.9% of high schools that attempt something like Les Miz, or Wicked, or Rent will be godawful because they are just too difficult to do if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

There are TONS of shows that can be done well on a budget, if the director knows what they are doing.

re: Another Kristen to play Glinda on Film?
 Aug 21 2008, 05:52:00 PM
I love the idea of Lucas Grabeel as Boq. He's perfect really.

Anyways, you can basically predict now what songs will be cut.

Something Bad - Cut
I'm Not That Girl Reprise - Cut (I can even see I'm Not That Girl itself being cut)
Thank Goodness - Probably severely shortened or cut altogether, or worse, made into a montage of "Elphaba's Bad! Kill the witch!"
March Of Witch Hunters - Will probably be only in the score a la Cooties in Hairspray.

Everything els

re: Another Kristen to play Glinda on Film?
 Aug 21 2008, 04:08:57 PM
Elphaba - An unknown. I can't think of a single living celebrity that can sing it, act it AND looks young enough.

Glinda - Kristen Bell would be fine. She really is more talented than a lot of people give her credit for.

Morrible - Bette Middler would OWN this role.

Wizard - I keep going back to Richard Gere for some bizarre reason in my head, so I'll say him for now.

Nessarose - A much better fit for Anne Hathaway.

Fiyero - If Jake Gyllenhaal's vers

re: Taylor Hicks to Join GREASE Cast
 May 15 2008, 09:57:42 PM
Teen Angel? More like Old Demon From Hell.
re: Smallest stage time for an actor in a show?
 May 11 2008, 01:33:18 PM
Marty Thomas in Xanadu. He comes on, does his split, and leaves.
re: Elphie3's Official (Annual) Tony Pool!
 May 11 2008, 09:37:34 AM
I'll do it!
re: Expect Hairspray film stars and AIDA song on Disneymania 6 album
 Apr 9 2008, 08:41:56 AM
"He Lives In You" was also featured in The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride.
' is it worth seeing Xanadu'-just for asking you should be gutted
 Mar 28 2008, 12:34:17 AM
You don't HAVE to see the movie to enjoy the show - the show is perfectly enjoyable on its own. But if you have seen the movie, you can appreciate a lot of brilliant yet very subtle references to it.
re: Xanadu Is Great
 Mar 23 2008, 06:03:53 PM
"Over at Spring Awakening the teenagers haven't even gotten to first base yet!"
re: Is Any Of You Seeing The First Preview of A Catered Affair
 Mar 23 2008, 06:02:07 PM
I isn't.
re: Wicked Movie?
 Mar 12 2008, 02:31:35 PM
You know, after seeing Amy Adams singing What Is This Feeling on SNL, I think she'd make a great Glinda. Idina is still young enough to play Elphaba on film (Kristin is way too old for Glinda now).

Bette Midler as Morrible please.

re: Emma Hunton as Ilsa
 Feb 20 2008, 04:11:24 PM
If it had said Emma Bunton I would have died. I ADORE the Spice Girls.
re: My brief random thoughts on Xanadu!
 Feb 16 2008, 04:23:08 PM
I saw last Sunday's matinee - got to the Box Office at 12, and they had about 5 people there waiting. Got 2 tickets and they still had a lot left.
re: My brief random thoughts on Xanadu!
 Feb 16 2008, 11:03:13 AM
I saw Xanadu last week and I absolutely loved. Sure, it's campy and fluffy and completely ridiculous and over the top, but that's exactly what makes it so good.
re: Offical Spamalot lyric change - From Spears to Posh
 Feb 13 2008, 12:15:13 PM
As a proud Spice Boy for 11 years now, any Spice Girl references are good in my book.
re: Legally Blonde - Dream *STUNT* Casting
 Feb 12 2008, 08:00:05 PM
Kristen Bell as Elle, as many of you said. She'd be perfect.
Victor Garber reprising his role as Callahan.
Nick Lachey as Warner - I dislike him, but he'd be well cast in the role. Plus his height wouldn't be an issue because Kristen Bell is short too.

Orfeh and Kate Shindle should just stay. They're both great, even though Kate has a thankless role.

re: Broadway on a Budget?
 Feb 10 2008, 07:36:44 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone! I'm currently in the city.

We caught Spring Awakening on Saturday night (SRO,which was a GREAT view) and Xanadu this afternoon, which I absolutely ADORED. We leave early Tuesday morning so it looks like this will be it for us, but both shows were well worth it - and I got Student Rush tickets for Xanadu and got great 4th row seats.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You