News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RuthlessChicken

RuthlessChicken Profile Photo
Member Name: RuthlessChicken
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spring Awakening Freak Singing Without You
 Nov 14 2008, 11:16:39 PM
No. I think you did post it just to belittle someone else and that's NOT cool. Is there a video of you singing anywhere that we can ridicule? I doubt it. So please...find somewhere else to try to validate your own existence

-RC

re: Broadway Tattoos
 Nov 8 2008, 02:34:14 PM
Well...I have the comedy and tragedy masks tattooed on the upper-left part of my back. I got them done over a year ago and haven't regretted them once. Theatre has always been a driving force in my life and I'm 100% happy with my choice.

In contrast to Weez I got the same tattoo as two of my closest friends. I had originally planned on getting it done by myself but when they told me they were planning on getting it done as well we all went as a group.

I plan on adding on to

Broadway internships?
 Oct 1 2008, 05:39:56 PM
Are there any theaters in NYC that offer internships to college students for summer/winter break? I would guess they would love to have some unpaid dressers, wardrobe assistants, general office aids and the like. Does anybody have any info about this or any ideas about who I should contact (House manager? Company manager? IDK)

Thanks,
RC

re: VIBRATO!!!!!!
 Sep 30 2008, 07:08:39 PM
Michael Cerveris, but I love him.
re: When did it become acceptable for the audience to scream during a perfo
 Sep 20 2008, 09:12:36 PM
I think it's hugely disrespectful. I really can't stand it. I went to see the non-equity RENT tour and everyone was screaming like banshees for actors they'd (probably) never heard of before. After the first "Seasons of Love" soloist about 400 (I'm not exaggerating) people started yelling and it completely drowned out the second solo. At the end of songs it's appropriate to clap, in my opinion. But you really should save your cheering for curtain call.

/end rant

How do producers make money?
 Sep 20 2008, 07:03:13 PM
I've not really been that interested in the business side of Show business but I've got a question.

Lets say I'm a Producer and I have $1,000,000 that I want to invest in the next big show. If the show is a flop I understand that my money is gone, but what happens if the show is a huge success? (Think Phantom/Wicked) Do I get a set amount back (ex: $1,100,000?) or do I get a check every month that the show has been running? Does anybody know?

Thanks,
RC

re: Milking applause (somewhat off-topic)
 Sep 20 2008, 06:38:07 PM
Well, if it's a young (high school choir or younger) then I don't think it's entirely inappropriate...however, if it's a professional choir (you were a bit ambiguous) then it's extremely unprofessional. My college choir director always discouraged applause during sacred concerts.

But six months to learn a nights worth of music? Wow.

re: Favorite Lyrics?
 Sep 18 2008, 02:07:30 AM
Anyone else?

Not my favorite but I also enjoy

"Deadly as the democrats that empty out our stores/
turning all our children into hooligan

I think it's just very clever and fun to sing.

edit: fixed bold tags

Favorite Lyrics?
 Sep 17 2008, 02:24:48 AM
What's your SINGLE favorite line from any musical? It can be witty, romantic, evoke an emotion or just be fun to sing. Please tell us why you picked it. (Not entire songs)

I'll start:

You alone can make my song take flight-
it's over now, the music of the night!
from The Phantom of The Opera

Why? Because the first time I ever heard it, sitting in the Majestic Theatre, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I know it's not the be

Hugh Panaro Contact Info?
 Sep 16 2008, 01:39:07 AM
Does anybody know how I can contact Hugh Panaro? He's not doing a show at the moment so I can't send a letter to the theater. Does he have a fan mail address? I don't want his home address or anything creepy like that...I'd just like to write him a letter.

Thanks,
RC

What is the name of the actor...
 Sep 16 2008, 12:16:56 AM
Who sings the line, "Very different from the rest of us." in the song Belle on the OBC of BatB?

I know it's a really random question so any help is appreciated.

re: Why doesn't the playbill have theater etiquette rules?
 Sep 10 2008, 03:29:07 PM
If I remember correctly, when I saw the tours of both Wicked and Phantom at the Fox Theater in Atlanta they had an entire (or maybe half) page devoted to theater etiquette. Such as not talking, turning cellphones off, unwrapping cough drops/candy before curtain (My big pet peeve), and not going overboard with cologne or perfume...I think there was also something about not singing along. I wish I had them with me, I'd check.
re: Sweeney Todd tour
 Sep 5 2008, 03:28:59 PM
Did the tour with Judy Kaye close?
re: Lauren Pritchard's voice on the Apple store recording of SA
 Sep 5 2008, 03:08:02 PM
I didn't make this thread in order to bash her, it was just an observation that I made.

I'm actually very fond of the song. My ringtone is the part of the song when John Gallagher Jr. and Ms. Pritchard are singing together during Don't Do Sadness/Blue Moon. I never got to see the Original Cast so I wasn't sure if they fixed it or if her voice wasn't doing the best.

re: Lauren Pritchard's voice on the Apple store recording of SA
 Sep 5 2008, 03:03:48 AM
Wow...I really have no life. It's 2:00 A.M. and I'm supposed to be doing homework but I'm actually trolling the BWW forums.

But to answer your question, yes. It was a $6 download from iTunes with Duncan Sheik, Hunter Parrish, John Gallagher Jr., and Lauren Pritchard singing songs from the show.

Lauren Pritchard's voice on the Apple store recording of SA
 Sep 5 2008, 12:09:17 AM
Did anyone else feel let down by Lauren Pritchard's voice on the new live recording? As she was singing she sorta slipped into this nasally sound. I don't really know how to describe but if you heard it then you know what I'm talking about. Did they "fix" her voice on the OBC album? There's just such a huge difference...but other than that I really enjoyed the new recording.

-RC

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 20 2007, 01:09:23 AM
Phantom is my favorite show.
Johnny Depp is probably going to ruin Sweeney Todd for me.
Legally Blonde and Xanadu seem like cheap cash-ins and I refuse to pay money to see them.
David Hyde Pierce was good in Curtains but didn't deserve the Tony.
I've never watched all of West Side Story
RENT was exhilarating.
Wicked was decent.
I don't remember any of the new songs from The Lion King but it was still worth the ti

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You