News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Theatre101

Theatre101 Profile Photo
Member Name: Theatre101
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: TO BE OR NOT TO BE begins previews Sept. 11 at the Biltmore
 Apr 15 2008, 05:22:17 PM
Oh cute, this is different and fun. I LOVED the original movie and really like most MTC productions. Interested in who the two leads are.

I'm seeing TOP GIRLS this weekend.

re: S. Epatha Merkerson should win the Lead Actress Tony!
 Mar 17 2008, 11:16:52 PM
I think Anika MAY be nominated, again, it depends on Laura Linney & Francis McDormand's performances.

Anika, while a beautiful girl, is in a play that we have seen 3 times in the last 15 yrs alone on Broadway. We've seen the role done by soooooo many actresses that it didn't seem fresh to me, it didnt seem like a new role anymore. Anika's Cat seemed like a directed turn that was laudable but not award worthy.

S. Epatha on the other had recreated a role that hasn't been seen

re: S. Epatha Merkerson should win the Lead Actress Tony!
 Mar 17 2008, 10:59:53 PM
Ah yes, Anika. I saw CAT last week as well. The girl is good, but not nearly as good as the 3 ladies I mentioned in my first post. If Linney or McDormand completely screw up, I could see Rose getting a nomination. BUT, while she was decent, I just couldn't take sitting through that show one more time. And truth be told, she's in a poor production of it, and I think that will ultimately hurt her.
S. Epatha Merkerson should win the Lead Actress Tony!
 Mar 17 2008, 10:52:05 PM
Call me crazy, but as of this point, I think S. Epatha Merkerson has given the best performance by a Lead Actress in a play this year.

If we are to compare certain performances, I just don't think there is any question of how brilliant her performance was compared to others.

I just saw AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY this weekend, and while I though the play itself was a masterwork, I don't think either Deanna Dunnagan nor Amy Morton were nearly as good as Merkerson as Lola. Dunnagan, wh

re: 'Come Back, Little Sheba' = S. Epatha is fantastic
 Jan 10 2008, 04:14:01 PM
There is some eye candy. The guy who plays Turk, and the man who plays the Milkman are both extremely good looking men. Even if they play aint your thing, those two guys certainly will turn a few heads.

Walt-enjoy, it really is a moving, old-fashioned and well done evening of theatre.

"Come Back, Little Sheba" = S. Epatha is fantastic
 Jan 10 2008, 11:58:35 AM
I'm finally getting around to posting my thoughts about Little Sheba. I saw the second preview and was quite moved by this worn play, especially S. Epatha Merkerson's Lola.

Again, I saw the second preview, and there were some things that definitly needed worked on, but I thought it was in great shape.

I would reccomend it for S. Epatha's performance alone, but there is a lot of other goodness in it too. Not to mention some delicious eye candy. They don't write them like th

re: 'Come Back, Little Sheba' - 1st Preview Review (Possible Spoilers)
 Jan 4 2008, 11:03:50 AM
I'm seeing it tonight, can't wait. Sounds promising.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You