News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MuseOfVideoGames

MuseOfVideoGames Profile Photo
Member Name: MuseOfVideoGames
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

'Do the 'Du!' with The 'Du Crew
 Dec 7 2007, 06:40:14 PM
Apologies if this has already been posted, but did anyone notice this part of the Playbill story on the CD?

"Beginning Dec. 18 one track from the 14-track recording, "All Over the World," will be available online as a digital download."

I realize most people posting here are going to have it already by then, but just thought that was interesting. Further down in the story, it refers to the song as a "single" -- but I don't expect to be seeing it on the Top 40, as much as I lov

re: 'Xanadu'- 12/4- Patti Murin as 'Kira/Clio'
 Dec 5 2007, 06:15:34 PM
So exciting to hear that Patti is great. I'm flying into NY this weekend from L.A. for the very purpose of seeing her Saturday night and Sunday matinee! Not to bring any negativity here, but I never felt any desire to see Anika play the role, but something about Patti's energy on stage has always made me think she would do Kira proud.

Testing--your response about Curtis makes it sound like you know the rumor to be true? Is he leaving? I always think it's a huge loss when he misses a

Dec 1 2007, 02:38:47 PM
Nope, Anika's out for good. I'm not one to bring negativity to this board, but I can't say I'll miss her. Patti brings so much more joy to her performances from beginning to end. I agree, Anika's Maggie Smith imitation was pretty good, but other than that, she just never seemed to be enjoying herself like the rest of the cast, and certainly wasn't nearly as playful with the audience as everyone else. I was never curious to see her Kira (and from the few reports I've heard, rightfully so), bu
 Nov 21 2007, 05:16:28 PM
Ed--careful--it was Charles Spencer who wrote that piece, not Matt Wolf. Matt Wolf's name is near the top as a link to something else, but Charles Spencer is there credited to the story. Pointed this out on the other string too, but thought it necessary here since you're now calling him names, and he's actually a good critic. It's Charles Spencer who missed the point of our show.
re: The Strike, Xanadu, and the UK Perspective
 Nov 21 2007, 05:14:26 PM
Charles Spencer wrote that piece. Matt Wolf's name is there as a link to something else. I like and respect Matt's criticism quite a bit, so was happy to see that it actually wasn't him who totally missed the point.
 Nov 11 2007, 11:43:40 PM
"I did a ton of research... I took a book out of the library and everything." Is that what you're asking about, or did you want more? Let's see how close I can get to it...

"Hey! I didn't know you guys were here. Wow--wow! A whole bunch of you even, like a crowd. But, like, how much do I love when this happens? When people, regular people walking down the nice California beach in Venice here, stop to look at a chalk mural on the sidewalk. I mean, for me, that's when art is. It j

Nov 11 2007, 11:29:20 PM
Saw both shows yesterday (Saturday) and the matinee today (crazy maybe, but I live on the West Coast, so have to take advantage when I'm here...)

A few tidbits:

-Kerry's brace was off by this afternoon's matinee

-Overheard Tony Roberts say that he is on vacation this coming week

-All of the ushers in the house (not on stage) and the staff at "Kira's Skate Shop" now have to wear wigs, many of which are fluorescent in color. Some of them are working it, and so

Nov 11 2007, 11:38:06 AM
Congratulations, Robbie!!!!! You were AMAZING last night at the Drag-Off!!! SO happy I could be there. You blew the competition out of the water! (I assume you won the 9:30 show also?) My friends and I were very, very impressed with you.

Oh, and is Alexia even a drag queen? Why was she eligible to compete?

Much love,
Brian

Nov 9 2007, 12:57:57 AM
Re: the question about Anika -- I remember someone saying on the board at one point that November 25 is her last day. (What was said, I think, is that Patti takes over the week of 11/25, but as the 25th is a Sunday, it makes sense that Anika would finish that day and Patti would take over ont he 27th...)
re: ROCK 'N ROLL Reviews
 Nov 4 2007, 11:00:36 PM
Weird. I somehow saw a completely different play than The Times, apparently, but the exact same play as Variety -- Like Variety, I also found everyone but Rufus Sewell's Jan unenaging, and felt that for the 90 interesting minutes, there were also 90 excruciatingly dry minutes... I didn't see how this was sentimental/emotional at all. As a pretty decent Stoppard fan myself, having seen many of his plays, this is one I would recommend staying away from (except to see Rufus Sewell's amazing perf
re: Sweeney Todd article from the Sunday Times
 Nov 4 2007, 01:51:09 PM
Of all songs to cut -- that just doesn't make any sense to me... How can the muscial even work without that song; it's the thread that keeps the piece moving throughout...
re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
 Oct 30 2007, 08:59:23 PM
Of course, that could also have something to do with the fact that if you go to Ticketmaster and ask for a regular ($100+) seat, you're told it's sold out. If you ask for a premium seat ($275-$350 depending on the perf), you're given options at the back of the house. Only if you choose premiere seats ($450 on weekends!) do you get front orchestra, and even then, they're rarely center.
re: Disappointed with Young Frankenstein
 Oct 30 2007, 08:24:24 PM
Regardless of how many facts MrDoug has right or wrong about the translation of the Producers from screen to stage, I agree that the stage show transcended and improved upon the film in ways that Young Frankenstein fails miserably to do. Whereas the Producers felt like a new show, even with so much of the material being taken straight from the movie, Young Frankenstein feels like a pointless replication of a much better movie, not unlike showings of Rocky Horror where there are actors standing
re: fANADUs Can At Last Sleep Peacefully Tonight!
 Oct 30 2007, 08:17:40 PM
Great photos from the recording session:

http://www.broadway.com/Gen/Buzz_Photo_op.aspx?ci=555240

Oct 29 2007, 08:35:09 PM
When I last saw Marty, he said he was returning 10/28, which was also a Sunday (but I was there and he wasn't on), so I wonder if both he and Patti meant the week of that date -- maybe that's how their contracts work or something -- and the true start date is the Tuesday eve? In any case, looking forward to seeing her on a more regular basis and VERY curious to know when her weeklong stint as Kira takes place...
The 'Du Crew... a new place where nobody dared to go...
 Oct 29 2007, 11:48:20 AM
Spoiler Alert (not that anyone posts here anymore who hasn't seen the show, but just in case...)
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
Hey--so Les Miz is closing January 6! What is that going to mean for Melpomene's last line in the show??? I wonder if Doug already has an alternate joke written for other productions and the tour that we're now going to get to see, or if the thinking cap is about to get put on...?

Oct 29 2007, 11:30:24 AM
Marty didn't return this weekend, but last I spoke to him, he said the week of the 28th, so I would assume his first performance back is tomorrow...
re: fANADUs Can At Last Sleep Peacefully Tonight!
 Oct 29 2007, 11:28:12 AM
Um, yes you have. "Sisters" refers to a joke from the show... The fact that all of the muses are sisters (and referred to as such often), even if two are played by men...
re: Associated Press: Xanadu - Fanadu - 'Du Crew Story
 Oct 28 2007, 04:50:37 AM
Has anyone confirmed whether or not the story hit print anywhere, or only made it onto these newspapers' websites? The story is available on many sites including those of the following papers from major cities, dated Saturday, October 27. Can anyone confirm whether these papers actually included the story in print? Robbie--Linda told me tonight that you said you found it in a Long Island paper? Which one?

These sites have the story (as do many others, but these are the big ones): <

Oct 28 2007, 04:33:26 AM
Was at the show tonight and this is what I hear from those working on the show --

It's true: Anika's leaving the show. Permanently. And soon (November.) Not sure of the exact date. Sounds like she has more than one project coming up.

And I also hear that Patti IS taking the role of Euterpe -- Yay! -- so they're looking for someone to replace Patti as Swing, which are big shoes to fill because Patti is so awesome.

Jean-Paul Gaultier and Dana Ivey in the audience tonight. Dana was very responsive (I was on stage and it was tough not to check on her reactions), and she got more responsive as the show went on, until she was practically falling out of her seat during the scene on Mount Olympus (she LOVED Jackie's "Cerberus, three-headed hound of hell" line...) And I introduced myself to J-P Gaultier after the show who said he thought it was "fabulous," that he understands why I would come to see it 28 times, and that he wants to come back and see it again himself...!!!

Tonight, in addition to the Polaroids with Cheyenne, signed posters and Broadway Christmas CDs, they also auctioned off Cheyenne's bandana which he took off on stage and signed right there and then. It went for $200....

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You