News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for soulgrrl

soulgrrl Profile Photo
Member Name: soulgrrl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Official TDF Thread  Dec 9 2021, 02:16:48 PM

Why would you email them to call attn to the listing? If you were interested, you could have just purchased your tickets and kept it moving.  Now you may have flagged the tixs to be taken down.  frown

Official: Musical Version of SMASH is Being Adapted for Broadway  May 21 2020, 09:43:33 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Honestly, if it brings Megan back to NYC, even for a limited time, I'm all for it. Of course, no one knows anything about casting yet."

Completely agree. At minimum, Megan needs to be cast BUT if Kat McPhee is ANYWHERE near this project, it’s going to be a hard pass for me. One of my biggest pet peeves of the tv show was how the “shows” creatives would wax rhapsodically about her star quality. It was insufferable and insu

Broadway and the Coronavirus  Mar 8 2020, 04:23:06 PM

Just watched Mayor de Blasio’s latest news briefing. I have tickets to two shows (via TDF) in the weeks ahead that I’m thinking of no longer attending. The stark reality is that the majority of Broadway goers are older...many in their golden years. The mayor has cautioned that those w these five underlying conditions - lung disease, heart disease, cancer, diabetes & those with compromised immune systems should avoid attending public events or be in spaces w large crowds. If yo

Jeremy O. Harris wants to deconstruct the Pearl Bailey  Jan 14 2020, 05:59:34 PM

sparksatmidnight said: "soulgrrl said: "sparksatmidnight said: "Can we stop creating a thread every time he decides to tweet? Patti LuPone's tweets wouldn't deserve that and I'm pretty sure he's way lower in the scale than her."

Is that kind of snark necessary? I don’t see how it’s not news for those interested in the BROADWAY WORLDif a new voice in theater is continuing to break barriers and looking to tackle an esta

Jeremy O. Harris wants to deconstruct the Pearl Bailey  Jan 14 2020, 12:57:51 PM

sparksatmidnight said: "Can we stop creating a thread every time he decides to tweet? Patti LuPone's tweets wouldn't deserve that and I'm pretty sure he's way lower in the scale than her."

Is that kind of snark necessary? I don’t see how it’s not news for those interested in the BROADWAY WORLD if a new voice in theater is continuing to break barriers and looking to tackle an established property.  Y’all seem to reserve a lo

Jan 14 2020, 12:38:23 PM
Just randomly bumped into the glorious Isaac Powell walking down the street in Harlem. He was looking in fine form. I asked him if his injury was healing up & if he would be returning to the show soon - and he said yes on both counts. He wasn’t on crutches and I saw no noticeable limp or support brace. Very charming young man. Glad to hear his injury hasn’t sidelined him for the long term.
WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 13 2019, 10:25:28 AM

Sorry for the lengthy post but there was alot to process with this show.  This was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Saw the show on Wednesday with four other adult members of my family.  Three of the four absolutely hated the show. We also wound up in a huge group of theatergoers waiting for their cars in a nearby parking garage post show and the universal sentiment was a strong condemnation of the show.  Many just didn't like this new modern take. I didn't think it was awf

EVITA City center  Nov 21 2019, 05:50:26 AM

Broadway Bob* said: "I have a ticket to see Jagged Little Pill this Saturday afternoon and I am considering skipping it to go see Evita instead. Hate to lose out on the money for the ticket, but this sounds like such a not to be missed production. Opionions?!?"

My vote would be to go and see Evita.  JLP seems to be sticking around on TDF so perhaps you can get a discounted tix to see it in the near future.  It's also rife with a very bloated story (woul

The Official TDF Thread  Nov 15 2019, 01:40:39 AM

I got tixs for the rear orchestra, row O..close to the center.  Thought the view was solid and the show was lovely.  Great singing by Solea Pfeiffer (she was a knockout) and Jason Gotay.  

This board in the old days  Nov 15 2019, 01:33:31 AM

sabrelady said: "Did this all startwith the Patti Murin incident?

Yes For all the reason given. $$$$$$
"

Joined the board years ago but strayed w life etc...but for those not in the know, I'm dying to know what this incident was now! l Too bad ya'll can't spill the tea it seems!  Will google away...

EVITA City center  Nov 14 2019, 01:34:52 PM

GreasedLightning said: "Anyone attend through TDF? Curious about where the seats were.

It’s not up anymore but hoping it pops back up for next week cause they’ve got tons of seats.
"

I saw the show last night via TDF and sat in the orchestra,  row O, seats 104/103 (near center).  It was towards the back but the view was great. It’s not a big space so the action didn’t feel far away at all.  Loved the

Tina or Beetlejuice ?  Nov 7 2019, 07:55:00 AM
Throwing my vote in for Tina. Saw it last night and Adrienne’s powerhouse performance electrifies. When “Tina” finds her voice and independence, the pacing really picks up. Can’t remember the last time a performer got a standing ovation after a song early in the show....and boy can she dance! She is out of this world & I’m glad to have seen her in this role. They need to just hand the Tony over to her. Will make for a nice balance to your week.
Buying tix on StubHub  Nov 5 2019, 10:41:51 PM

To echo the previous post, StubHub is legit.  I purchased two orchestra seat tixs to Dear Evan Hansen  from them a few weeks ago.  Great seats but I REALLY hated how high the fees were for the show.  Price for the seat was $62 each which was a steal.  However, fees amounted to + $47 ($23ish each) which really sucked.  In a pinch, they can offer competitive prices on seating right before the show begins but the fees are absolutely absurd. 

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 27 2019, 05:54:36 PM

gibsons2 said: "The Wrong Man tickets are on sale for October 31 7pm!"

Been waiting for this to show up on TDF...but really want to see it with Joshua Henry playing the lead.  Ryan Vasquez is stepping in on the 31st as an FYI.

Jeremy Jordan @ Carnegie Hall - Overview  Oct 19 2019, 09:09:55 PM

Thanks for sharing your feedback.  It's good to hear another take on the show.  I actually didn't dislike him performing some old standards.  I guess similar to how you felt about the Soliloquy performance, I'm accustomed to hearing those songs in smooth and buttery tones.  Didn't felt like he quite nailed it but it wasn't awful.

Noted on The Last 5 Yrs.  I wasn't familiar w the tune and it seemed like not the right pick for him.

Jeremy Jordan @ Carnegie Hall - Overview  Oct 19 2019, 05:18:58 PM

Huss417 said: "From what you are saying it sounds like he sang a lot.

The medleys he sang were not the entire songs.  They were all truncated and the orchestral performances were long.  If I knew going into the show there would be sizeable time dedicated to the orchestra, I might have been more prepared.  

Jeremy Jordan @ Carnegie Hall - Overview  Oct 19 2019, 04:56:13 PM

I wasn't sure if this was the right board to post this on so forgive me in advance if it's deemed 'off topic' but given Jeremy's work on Broadway, thought I would share some observations about a recent engagement.

Attended a very pricey show @ $134 (at least for me) to see Jeremy perform at Carnegie Hall for its opening season.  Never saw him sing live but have always been impressed by his vocal chops and camaraderie w the audience so was excited to f

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 13 2019, 03:01:19 AM

Saw Slave Play on Wed night.  We sat in center orchestra row P, seats 123, 121 (end of row).  Would have been nice to be a little closer but I wasn't disappointed with the view.!

The Official TDF Thread  Oct 1 2019, 04:28:34 PM

Come From Away is on TDF now as well.  Had been hoping to see it for awhile and the night it's finally available is when we're going to see Hadestown .  Hopefully it will be back this week or soon.

Little Shop of Horrors (PREVIEWS)  Sep 23 2019, 06:01:35 AM

amoni said: "How dare Tammy Blanchard not be Ellen Greene! The nerve!"

I don't think that comment is fair to those who pay a pretty penny to see a live performance.  Sure, Ellen Greene is the gold standard but she's not the only actor/actress in theater who have shined in their respective roles. Others have come in afterwards and killed after original casts have moved on...hence standout performances in other revivals.  When I see a musical

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You