News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CouldBeWorse

Member Name: CouldBeWorse
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lisa Brescia to join DEH while RBJ on vacation?
 Aug 26 2017, 10:00:02 AM

The university she teaches at actually is in session, so that's interesting. 

re: HELP: Research Paper Topics for Broadway/Theatre
 Dec 19 2016, 01:18:41 AM

I wrote a paper not all that long ago about Broadway fans and how they function as an information sharing community. It's not a topic with resources that scream out as obvious, but the research phase always turns up a lot of surprises. 

TITANIC at Signature Theatre in D.C.
 Dec 17 2016, 07:07:27 PM

I'm typing from my phone, so I'll keep this brief, but I loved it. The cast is scaled back from its original Broadway counterpart and the set consists of a series of ramps connected to an angular platform. However, this works. With expectation away from the heavily technical like in the original, the score becomes the focus. I honestly forgot how much I liked Yeston's work until last night. While the orchestrations have been redone by Joshua Clayton to fit seventeen musicians (sea

Dec 17 2016, 06:27:37 PM

AEA AGMA SM said: "An "immersive" Titanic? Will it say on your ticket whether you live or die (like the Titanic Exhibition)?"

Programs contain a boarding pass with a brief biography of a passenger and a link to Signature's website to find out if they survived. 

Dec 16 2016, 07:59:53 PM

Seeing it tonight. Almost time!

COME FROM AWAY - Broadway run announced
 Sep 2 2016, 12:09:39 PM

I missed out on the free tickets to tonight's performance, but I'm very excited to see this later in the run. 

Is it common to replace entire cast with no notice?
 Jun 19 2016, 02:39:43 AM

Thank god Tom McGowan was on. 

Hairspray Live! DREAMCASTS
 Apr 17 2016, 05:17:06 PM

Starship said: "After watching Parks and Recreation last night, it made me curious to see how Jim O'Heir would do as Edna. He has such great comedic timing, but unfortunately, doesn't have the same draw as some other candidates might. "

Now that's a really fun idea. Never thought of him, but I'd be interested to see his take. 

Will anyone be tuning into Disney's Descendants?
 Aug 2 2015, 04:51:07 PM

We have to list our qualifications to critique Disney now?

re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
 Jul 3 2015, 10:58:03 PM

I thought I'd ask again since I was thinking about it today: Does anyone know what happened to JP Dougherty?

He was around for ages in Les Miserables and Hairspray and then nothing.

re: Where Are They Now? (Broadway Edition)
 Nov 18 2014, 02:47:27 PM
Giving this thread quite a bit of a bump. Does anyone know what happened to JP Dougherty? He seems to have disappeared after Hairspray.
Edna Turnblad Costumes
 Nov 7 2014, 06:17:57 PM
Sorry if this has been brought up before. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know why Edna had two different costumes for "You Can't Stop the Beat"?

This one that Harvey Fierstein wore on the Tonys and when he returned to close out the show:

And then this one that he wore at some point, along with all of the replacements (Paul Vogt in this case):

It's just interesting to me that Harvey had two radically different costumes, but the red dress was used on all replacements. And then Michael Ball used the red dress and the boa one in the UK.

Are there any other examples of a costume going through a complete change during the course of a run?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You