News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RSrichie

RSrichie Profile Photo
Member Name: RSrichie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

An Interesting Article about The Inheritance  Dec 18 2019, 03:06:27 PM
You get out of art what you bring to it.
An Interesting Article about The Inheritance  Dec 18 2019, 02:06:07 AM
Sex negative is a judgement that I don’t think it implied at all. It honestly depicted sexual behavior within the gay community & its ramifications. Good and bad.
An Interesting Article about The Inheritance  Dec 17 2019, 06:47:19 PM
I thought The Inheritance was exquisitely beautiful theater. Not perfect, but what is? If people don’t like this, I give up. They won’t like anything. This is a love letter to the gay community.
In defense of Tootsie  Oct 24 2019, 10:43:13 PM
Just saw the show. It’s hysterically funny. Haven’t laughed that much at a show in a long time. The performances were solid across the board. The problem is the score isn’t strong. The songs don’t do justice to the smart writing. But still, a very fun show and I would definitely recommend it.
Matt McGrath is a Legend  Jan 5 2016, 02:39:04 AM

He was equally as brilliant in The Black Rider. ,Agreed about his Hedwig.  A truly gifted performer!

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want  Aug 14 2015, 04:33:46 PM

Whistle Down The Wind - the D.C. tryput was sung gorgeously by Davis Gaines, Irene Malloy and the entire cast.  Yes, it needed work but was a million times better than the unwatchable London production.  NEVER let Hal Prince go!!'  Would be a beautiful recording!

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want  Aug 14 2015, 04:17:35 PM

The London Guys & Dolls revival with Jane Krakowski & Ewan McGregor!  Jane was phenomenal  the orchestrations were terrific.

Lestat  the San Francisco version was better than Broadway (not that it takes much)

Eric Whiacre's anamie techno pop opera Paradise Lost:  Shadows & Wings with the original Pasadena cast  the sound was incredible!

So What Musicals Should Jake Gyllenhaal Do?  Jul 3 2015, 05:16:16 PM

He should be Joe Gillis in a Sunset Blvd movie.

What are your favorite one act shows?  Jun 23 2015, 03:10:31 AM

Play:  Corpus Christi

Musical:  Here Lies Love

Dream Jane Krakowski Roles  Jun 21 2015, 02:36:11 AM
Her Miss Adelaide in Guys & Dolls in London was fantastic. A wonderful production.
First show seen on broadway?  May 18 2015, 01:23:23 AM

CATS 1983  I was 18 and flew to NYC for the first time to see it!  Have been coming to see shows ever since.

Musicals about High School?  Apr 29 2015, 12:43:01 PM

Is There Life After High School?

Best Overtures  Nov 14 2014, 10:17:08 AM
The Rothschilds and The King & I ate my favs!
Prettybelle  Aug 9 2014, 02:46:29 PM
Just discovered the plot to the Julie Styne 1971 musical Prettybelle which starred Angela Lansbury: an alcoholic redneck widow tries to undo her deceased bigoted sheriff husband's wrongs by letting minority men rape her! LOL you can't make this **** up! It never made it to Broadway (can't imagine why). Did anyone actually see it?
ALW Contemplated Suicide  Jul 19 2014, 03:37:26 PM
Probably Stephen Ward
ALW Contemplated Suicide  Jul 19 2014, 02:48:41 AM
He's bringing a new musical of the movie School Of Rock to NYC.
LA theater  Jul 10 2014, 09:14:20 PM
The Curse of Oedipus at Antaeus is terrific. Hearing good things about Stupid f**king Bird at Boston Court in Pasadena.
CRITICS RAVAGE BROADWAY AUDIENCES  Jul 4 2014, 12:30:22 PM
AMEN ITS ABOUT TIME! Now the theatre's have to take responsibility for their patrons behavior.
Am I the only one that wasn't that impressed by Hedwig  Jun 30 2014, 02:17:28 AM
I've seen a number of Hedwigs (John Cameron Mitchell, Michael Cerveris & Matt McGrath) and NPH was my least favorite performance but I still give him a lot of credit. I didn't think he had it in him. He did a great job, pouring himself into the part. I liked it feeling and sounding like a rock concert but I thought the pacing of the dislogue between songs was way too slow, NPH over milking it for all it's worth. It was a good production, not a great one.
Dream cast your favorite performers!  Jun 28 2014, 12:41:19 AM
Adam Lambert as Hedwig is the greatest idea I've heard!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You