News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jmh7940

Member Name: jmh7940
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NYMF's Next Broadway Sensation  Oct 2 2009, 12:56:47 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/NYMF_Announces_Three_Finalists_for_Next_Broadway_Sensation_Groff_Sheik_Case_And_Cornman_To_Judge_20090930#post

Final round is this Sunday. Anyone planning on going? Never can resist Susan Blackwell!

FREE TICKETS TO 39 STEPS!!!  Sep 5 2008, 03:24:45 PM
If you go to http://www.39stepsonbroadway.com/hitchcock.html, there are all kinds of opportunities to win free tickets to 39 Steps and other prizes in celebration of Hitchcock Month.

There's an Alfred Hitchcock Look-A-Like Contest that ends on September 16th, and all you have to do is take a photo of someone or something (it could be a rock or anything) that resembles the persona of Alfred Hitchcock, and submit the photo by e-mail to Alfred@hhcmarketing.com.

The top 3 finalists each get 4 free tickets to the show, and after the performance they go onstage. The audience then has a LIVE VOTE to decide the winner!

The Grand Prize Winner gets a big prize package of all kinds of 39 Steps merchandise!

There's also a screening of the original Hitchcock movie at BAM, a cast appearance and screening of Alfred Hitchcock Presents at the Paley Center, and a Short Film Contest co-sponsored by the New York Film Academy which also offers free tickets to the show!

Sweeney Todd Barbershop/Chute  Apr 20 2008, 04:49:00 PM
This summer I'm working on a production of Sweeney Todd, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best way to make the barbershop piece with the trap door for Sweeney's victims to slide down? As much detail as possible would help. Does anyone know the mechanics from the original production?

Thanks alot!

re: Newest Haven for NY Actors: CASHMERE MAFIA  Jan 10 2008, 12:35:26 PM
I actually saw them film an exterior shot a couple of months ago in the village, just west of 6th ave below 4th street. Lucy Liu was at some guy's apartment. It showed him standing at the doorway with her and then her getting into a black car and driving off. It was so long ago, though, that I don't remember which guy it was.

I'm more excited about Lipstick Jungle because what's majorly lacking from this show is SATC's incredible writing.

re: YOUR Top 10 of 2007 List  Jan 1 2008, 01:01:30 PM
Only the top 3 are in order:

1. August
2. Spring Awakening
3. Xanadu

4. The Farnsworth Invention
5. Legally Blonde
6. The Little Mermaid
7. The Homecoming
8. Young Frankenstein (for Andrea)
9. Cymbeline (for Michael Cerveris)
10. Rent (for Adam, Anthony, and Tamyra)

re: Eve Best in The Homecoming  Dec 29 2007, 01:48:17 AM
Same here. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
re: re: tips for the Spring Awakening Student Rush  Dec 27 2007, 11:18:48 AM
I like Sundays the best because there are 2 performances (except this coming Sunday), and the box office doesn't open til 12, so you can get there later. I rushed the show yesterday and got there way early for no reason. There was barely anyone there by 9am, and the box office opened at 10. Usually, I get there 2 and a half to 3 hours in advance, and I get pretty amazing seats.

Oh, and a tip: sit in orchestra right if you can get orchestra seats. If you sit on the left, your view of

re: Help! Who signed my Little Mermaid Playbill?  Dec 27 2007, 11:13:59 AM
3 is definitely Sherie Rene Scott. No question.
re: Favourite Stage Effect Ever Seen?  Dec 25 2007, 12:18:43 AM
Lol. The sister in LB is a guy in drag when she's up on the balcony with the face mask. The line is mouthed to a recording. But it's a girl who slides down the pole. I still have no clue how they do it, though, because I don't see where or how the girl can go down the same pole.
Hilarious Comments...  Dec 23 2007, 01:35:00 PM
At Little Mermaid, a merchandise salesperson was holding up a windowcard, and some woman walked by:

Woman: What is that you're holding?
Salesperson: A poster.
Woman: Oh!! Wow!! (with a lot of perplexity and excitement)

re: O'Brien to Direct and Crowley to Design Lloyd Webber's 'Phantom' Sequel  Dec 22 2007, 02:25:46 AM
The plot synopsis of the novel listed above has definitely been changed somewhat, and it's for the worse. The synopsis on playbill.com makes it sound even MORE horrendous:

"The Phantom has slipped away to New York and has set up a fairground world on Coney Island, along with Madame Giry and her daughter, Meg. He organizes a concert in Manhattan for Christine, the object of his desire. Christine travels to the U.S. with her husband Raoul and their teenage son, who happens to be a musica

re: An open letter to the Disney Organization (or my 'Little Mermaid Review  Dec 22 2007, 02:17:20 AM
Thank you, roadmixer. You have all my respect for making that rather important point.
re: New 'Little Mermaid' Pics (Flounder, Sebastian, Scuttle and more!)  Dec 22 2007, 12:38:42 AM
Well, they're not really trying to hide the fact that she has a tail and legs. It would be nearly impossible to do that, especially with choreography and whatnot with Ariel and her sisters. And yeah, I would say the costumes are probably all pretty much final except possibly slight accents or minimal changes. I can't imagine they would change entire concepts for these costumes at this point.
re: New 'Little Mermaid' Pics (Flounder, Sebastian, Scuttle and more!)  Dec 22 2007, 12:08:06 AM
I don't quite mean to defend Flounder's costume, but I will say that that picture doesn't show all of the costume. It's a tiny bit better than it looks there because there are more fins you can't see from that angle, and his heelies are actually pretty cool. They looks like fins on his feet.
re: Which do you prefer - Protecting the voice, or grinding it to shreds?  Dec 20 2007, 03:33:38 PM
I'm not trying to say that it's healthier but rather that there are more people who are able to because we've been exploring the voice differently, finding new ways to place it. Perhaps back in the day, Ethel Merman could've belted Ds and remained healthy. If I recall from my music direction of Anything Goes, Reno's last note in the title song is a D.

The overall performance is what matters in the end, and some characters wouldn't come off as strong if they were singing in a mix. Tha

re: Which do you prefer - Protecting the voice, or grinding it to shreds?  Dec 20 2007, 02:51:36 PM
I love LBB, but she does not hit that note consistently because she does not tend to sing correctly. When she hits "the note" she gets very throaty. Other people can hit that note perfectly in a strong belt and healthily.

Thank you, Ang, for pointing out that Idina IS in fact singing healthily. It's very possible that she has had vocal problems, but you can hear a major difference between the OBC recording of Rent and the recordings of Lippa's Wild Party and Wicked. She isn't quite a

re: Speculate on the mysterious West Side Story 'concept'  Dec 19 2007, 01:14:48 AM
Thank you for posting. That just made my day. I'm so glad it's on youtube to watch whenever I want!!
re: Sutton Foster/YF Stagedoor  Dec 19 2007, 01:13:01 AM
She doesn't come out most of the time. She rarely comes out anymore, but she came out tonight, so I guess it just depends.
re: Speculate on the mysterious West Side Story 'concept'  Dec 19 2007, 12:39:36 AM
has anyone seen the West Side Story medley clip where Cher plays every character in full costume? She plays 4 different Jets in split screen for the Jet Song, sings Somewhere as Tony, Tonight as Maria, and the Tonight Reprise as Anita, Maria, Bernardo, AND Riff in split screen, among other songs. My favorite switch is from Tony directly into Maria. She goes from man to woman but has the same exact voice. Perhaps Cher could star as all the roles in the revival then?

(This clip is rea

re: The Flounder Schedule  Dec 15 2007, 03:19:05 AM
I don't quite understand why everyone is criticizing Disney for this. It seems pretty reasonable, and I'm sure that showbiz is right in the fact that Disney probably warned them ahead of time. There are many reasons they would keep it secretive for now. Perhaps they just don't want to make an announcement until everything is completely confirmed and ready and the new boys are properly prepared to begin performing. Many studios and agencies wait awhile before reporting casts. That's why ther
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You