News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for skander2

skander2 Profile Photo
Member Name: skander2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

does Hip Tix usually check for id?  Jul 4 2011, 08:15:33 PM
i went to Anything Goes this week and they checked my ID AND my guest's.
Time Stands Still stage door  Oct 18 2010, 11:43:23 PM
I've been since it reopened. Went to the Friday night show; everyone came out, even Eric. Brian probably stays the longest and Christina seemed to be the hardest to catch--she seems a little skittish or shy.
A LIFE IN THE THEATRE Reviews  Oct 12 2010, 10:54:37 PM
Not believing these reviews. Did we see the same show? Thought it was weak.
WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!  Oct 8 2010, 11:53:36 PM
I'll second the sentiment that Laura steals the show. And I'll also eat my words and say Justin Guarini wasn't horrible.

Fighting a bad case of the flu right now; will try to post understudies and song list tomorrow if no one else has. Need sleep.

Who here knows 'Rumors' by Neil Simon?  Oct 1 2010, 10:18:01 AM
I'll echo this. Did this when I was in high school...Lenny's a fantastic role and in the right hands, can be a scene stealer. That monologue is too fun!
Who's going to Broadway on Broadway tomorrow?  Sep 11 2010, 05:38:20 PM
I'm a a rookie to this whole Broadway on Broadway experience. For those of you who have gone before, how early would you suggest going to get a good spot? (I'm short so I have to be strategic with where I stand).
NEXT FALL - anyone seen it?  Jun 21 2010, 11:08:12 AM
well acted but didn't feel it was well written.
Elf, Funny Girl, & Annie Dream Casts  Jun 15 2010, 02:23:42 PM
If we must do Annie again.....Allison Janney for Miss Hannigan.
Elf, Funny Girl, & Annie Dream Casts  Jun 15 2010, 02:23:42 PM
If we must do Annie again.....Allison Janney for Miss Hannigan.
Idiot and Promises programs  Jun 15 2010, 02:22:46 PM
Yes, both shows are selling them at their theatres. Haven't managed to find them at the Broadway stores around town yet though.
MEMPHIS Announces National Tour, Begins In Memphis, TN In October 2011  Mar 29 2010, 10:22:22 PM
I doubt it will be an extremely long run in town. In recent years, the longest run the Orpheum has hosted has been Wicked's several week long run. However, I could be wrong. I know we invested in the show and that Pat Halloran and co. have a special liking for it.
re: SHREK Tour announces new City on the map.  Mar 20 2010, 02:56:48 PM
Memphis: January 18 - 23, 2011

Atlanta: April 26-May 1, 2011

re: You Knew It Was Coming: What/ How Many Shows Did YOU See This Year?  Dec 26 2009, 02:46:30 PM
Hair (2 x)
Billy Elliot
Next to Normal
The 39 Steps
Guys and Dolls
9 to 5
West Side Story
Wicked
Ragtime
Finian's Rainbow
South Pacific
God of Carnage
Rock of Ages

re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!  Jul 13 2009, 12:32:47 AM
Allison worrying jokingly or sincerely--seemed to be a little of both.

He tried to downplay it, explaining that most shows switch over after awhile but really what else could he have done? You don't want to worry your star and you don't want to suggest the show's not doing as well as it could at the stagedoor.

I'll echo the sentiment that I really enjoyed the show. I saw Hair and Next to Normal the day before I saw 9 to 5 (and those two put together create a theatre high) b

re: Shine Like the Sun: 9 to 5 Broadway Thread!  Jul 13 2009, 12:21:36 AM
When I went the week before the Tonys, they had switched over to black and white. Allison Janney started signing someone's and realized it was black and white and turned the doorman and asked him "Is the black and white bad? Does that mean something? Should I be worried?"
Hair 7/7  Jul 11 2009, 12:41:14 PM
Theo.
ticket advice  Jun 28 2009, 05:18:15 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet--I apologize if it has.

If anyone's dead set on seeing Gavin, he'll be on vacation the week of August 10-17 (according to his website).

re: Okay, whats the greatest performance you've ever seen on stage?  Jun 16 2009, 10:57:33 PM
I'm 21...

Musical: Patti Lupone in Gypsy or Alice Ripley in Next to Normal, though if pressed to pick one, I'd probably pick Alice.
Play: Amy Morton in August: Osage County; I was pulling for her during Tony season--thought she was remarkable.

re: Janney at the Stage Door  Jun 15 2009, 10:39:59 PM
"The swan! The swan ate my baby!"
re: Janney at the Stage Door  Jun 15 2009, 06:53:21 PM
oh my goodness, iamchanging, I am so jealous. During intermission, my friend and I kept talking about Drop Dead Gorgeous and I really wanted to mention it to Janney at the stagedoor, but I was nervous she'd 1.) not realize the reference or 2.) be like, I'm C.J. from West Wing and you're going to whip out "most smartest" from DDG?

Anyways, awesome story...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You